Back to Sit Less, Get Active

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Sit Less, Get Active by The University of Edinburgh

Physical inactivity and sedentariness are “silent killers”. Do you feel like you spend too much time sitting? Do you feel like you would like to be more active? Are you unsure about how to incorporate physical activity into your daily life? We are here to help. Join us on a journey to learn about how to sit less and become more active. Use this FREE course to learn how to monitor your own activity and set physical activity goals. We will feature various examples of how physical activity could be increased in different settings, such as your neighbourhood, home or work, to give you ideas of ones that could best fit your lifestyle. Are you a health professional? Use this opportunity to learn how to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine and also how to empower your patients to be more physically active. If time with a patient is an issue, you can simply “prescribe” this course to your patient. This course offers you a unique opportunity to receive weekly physical activity health messages and monthly video-reminders on how to increase physical activity in various settings for 6 months after the initial 3 week course. So, join us on the Sit less, get active! journey. Follow us on Twitter @GetActive MOOC, #GetActiveMOOC or follow our Online Learning Twitter feed @uoe_online. Visit our YouTube channel to check out the promo videos (more are to come) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6xpBMzJXnffdUaY32-zPdA If YouTube is not available in your country, you can access the promo videos here https://media.ed.ac.uk/search/searchkeyword/sit%20less%20get%20active...

ND

Sep 05, 2019

The greatest course ever! It is so realistic that can apply for every one, not only myself.\n\nI have got a range of tips to sit less, get active in here. Once again, thank you alot for your effort.

MM

Jul 25, 2016

This is a very useful and short course that covers all you need to get active, and is well seupported by a well chosen set of optional readings for anyone wanting to learn more. Highly recommended.

376 - 400 of 425 Reviews for Sit Less, Get Active

By 李渊峰

Nov 10, 2016

个人而言,内容太基础了,知识点可以在一张纸上列完。不过那么多场景的拍摄应该还算用心,给4分吧。

By Suyogya M B

Loved the course. I will be active now.

By Ajmal A H P

Jul 11, 2020

Good to practice. Esp. for office.

By María H A

Apr 27, 2017

Muy interesante y motivador.

By JOHN Q

Nov 24, 2016

nice

By Maria-Anastasia A

Apr 15, 2020

The course was quite interesting, nicely done. It didn´t really give me info that I didn´t know but I do not regret the time I spent there and I would recommend it. Have in mind though that everything is almost common logic. Still it is very important for people that are looking forward to be more active.

By Ekaterina U

Dec 09, 2016

It was an interesting course, and some of the advices that have been given are quite useful. But I suppose it has no great impact on my lifestyle, as I have enough activity already. But for those who have really sedentary way of life is very helpful.

By ena

Oct 14, 2016

Well done course. I would have hoped for a little more inspiration and diverse practical ideas. I'd also like the course would more specifically envision a great variety of target audiences.

The beginnings are good! Room to spice it up!

By Hanna R

Dec 02, 2016

In my opinion, the course is too basic. Many things looks like teaching 5-years old children by serious professors.

But the material is given as natural as possible and milestones are clear and understandable.

By Eduardo D d A

Jul 02, 2020

That's not really a problem if you're looking for it, but the course is way too basic

By Carole C

Oct 19, 2016

A very basic course, suited for those who are getting started on physical activity.

By David C

Jul 15, 2016

Pros: Really motivating!

Cons: Not much real content even for a beginner, too short.

By Danielle T

Jul 23, 2016

It was ok, rather basic really, but I suppose that is what some people need.

By Amanda H

Jul 21, 2016

This is a motivational course, but it's not very extensive.

By mahin

Sep 23, 2020

it is good with good example but it was elementary level