Back to Fundamentals of GIS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of GIS by University of California, Davis

Explore the world of spatial analysis and cartography with geographic information systems (GIS). In this class you will learn the basics of the industry’s leading software tool, ArcGIS, during four week-long modules: Week 1: Learn how GIS grew from paper maps to the globally integrated electronic software packages of today. You will install ArcGIS on your computer and learn how to use online help to answer technical questions. Week 2: Open up ArcGIS and explore data using ArcMap. Learn the foundational concepts of GIS, how to analyze data, and make your first map. Week 3: Make your own maps! Symbolize data and create an eye-catching final product. Week 4: Share your data and maps and learn to store and organize your data. Take Fundamentals of GIS as a standalone course or as part of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialization. By completing the first class in the Specialization you will gain the skills needed to succeed in the full program. Students who need an ArcGIS license will receive a non-commercial, 1 year student license for participation in this course and specialization....

VM
Oct 4, 2020

I finished the course, I do not know why it indicates to me as if I had not finished\n\nI would like answer, please. My email: vic_vmrm@hotmail.com\n\nWhy don't answer me?\n\nRegards\n\nVictor Ramon

BJ
Dec 27, 2018

the content is awesome. i would recommend it to those who need to have some basic knowledge of GIS. it's very easy to learn the ArcGIS because of the instructions and demos given by the instructor.

351 - 375 of 1,287 Reviews for Fundamentals of GIS

By Namrata M

Apr 27, 2020

Enjoyed learning every part of this course. It helped me to understand the basic aspects of GIS and also the assignments helped a lot practically.

By Babar N

Jan 19, 2020

highly appreciated...And now i believe it that with the help of this specialization i can fulfill my dreams... So much excited for this course...

By Scott B

Jun 5, 2018

Excellent introductory course to the GIS sequence. Highly recommend. I have reviewed the content multiple times even after finishing the course

By Nikedimos p m

Apr 23, 2020

Highly interactive course!!

I gained tremendous knowledge from this introductory course and I can't wait to take the next specialization course

By Sang Y

Aug 11, 2019

The video is easily to follow, the instruction of the assignment is clear. Concept is explained clearly with appropriate practice to illustrate

By Candra S D K

Jan 7, 2017

it's a really great course for you who wants to get a starter about GIS, especially about ArcGIS. Very helpful and easy to follow instruction..

By Marco A J C

Jun 24, 2020

there are several concepts that were half done, but I still give it 5 stars because I suppose I will understand it throughout all the courses

By Tushar T

Apr 29, 2020

Great course for anyone new in the world of GIS. Highly recommended for beginners.Overall great experience while learning basic GIS concepts.

By Tess M

Sep 1, 2019

Really well thought out program. Went in with low expectations and am amazed with the modern structure of learning. Cant recommend this more!

By Pasquale C

Mar 8, 2016

Excellent modules, excellent teaching, excellent moderation and responsiveness from the tutor. I was not expecting this quality. Really good!

By Daniel T

Sep 1, 2019

I found this course an amazing one. Start with zero knowledge about the topic and end with an important foundation in it and practice hours.

By jin c

Nov 14, 2018

Easy to learn and follow. Fun to learn all the different tools you can use to geoprocess all kinds of interesting information to build maps.

By Nurlan A

Dec 23, 2020

This course helped me to learn more about basic concepts of ARC GIS. It was well organized and very useful for fresh learners of Arc GIS.

By Hamima H

May 14, 2020

The course is really well designed.Now i have the al basic knowledge about GIS. Thank You UC DAVis coursera team for the amazing experince.

By Joshua A

Apr 7, 2020

A solid introduction to GIS taught at a relaxed pace!

I'm looking forward to learning more about this field through the rest of this series.

By Enzo F

Feb 3, 2020

Nick Santos is an excellent teacher. He provides concise and clear concepts and helps to develop skills on our own, with a correct guidance

By Aditya S

Jan 4, 2018

Very well structured course for Beginners at GIS. This is a perfect start and a perfect spring board for other more advanced courses in GIS

By Eliav A

Sep 20, 2019

Before taking this course I never had any knowledge about GIS and this course tought me alot, very intresting, well explained. I recommend

By Kylie M

Jul 4, 2018

Great Course, Relatively easy to understand and follow. I love the way the labs are structured. I plan to continue with the other courses.

By Apoorva K

Feb 14, 2018

I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN INTERESTED IN GIS AND COURSERA PROVIDED A GREAT PLATFORM TO MAKE IT MORE INTERESTING AND LETTING ME GAIN PROFICIENCY...

By Victoria M

Dec 29, 2020

An excellent course, it teaches from the basics to more advanced concepts, the explanations are well given and understandable. Thank you.

By Shabuj C G

Nov 28, 2020

It was a great journey as a beginner of GIS learner. I learned a lot and hope that I will be complete related courses from this platform.

By Ali A

Sep 6, 2020

الجلسة الجميلة جداً ومفيدة جدًا ، شكرًا جزيلًا ، لكن إذا كانت ترجمة مقاطع الفيديو الخاصة بالكورس تدعم اللغة العربية كان سيوصبح افضل بكثير

By Rodolfo M d O

Aug 10, 2020

Excelente curso. Direto ao assunto. Aprendi as funções e ferramentas básicas para análises espaciais e apliquei no trabalho de conclusão.

By Aneirin W

Aug 6, 2020

Very good introduction to GIS (using ArcGIS) - covers a wide range of the basics and gives you the confidence to move on to other courses