Back to Fundamentals of GIS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of GIS by University of California, Davis

Explore the world of spatial analysis and cartography with geographic information systems (GIS). In this class you will learn the basics of the industry’s leading software tool, ArcGIS, during four week-long modules: Week 1: Learn how GIS grew from paper maps to the globally integrated electronic software packages of today. You will install ArcGIS on your computer and learn how to use online help to answer technical questions. Week 2: Open up ArcGIS and explore data using ArcMap. Learn the foundational concepts of GIS, how to analyze data, and make your first map. Week 3: Make your own maps! Symbolize data and create an eye-catching final product. Week 4: Share your data and maps and learn to store and organize your data. Take Fundamentals of GIS as a standalone course or as part of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialization. By completing the first class in the Specialization you will gain the skills needed to succeed in the full program. Students who need an ArcGIS license will receive a non-commercial, 1 year student license for participation in this course and specialization....

VM
Oct 4, 2020

I finished the course, I do not know why it indicates to me as if I had not finished\n\nI would like answer, please. My email: vic_vmrm@hotmail.com\n\nWhy don't answer me?\n\nRegards\n\nVictor Ramon

BJ
Dec 27, 2018

the content is awesome. i would recommend it to those who need to have some basic knowledge of GIS. it's very easy to learn the ArcGIS because of the instructions and demos given by the instructor.

326 - 350 of 1,239 Reviews for Fundamentals of GIS

By Shane W

Dec 4, 2019

Learned a lot quickly. I have a degree in GIS, but that was over 10 years ago, this course got me back up to speed and I hope to continue learning more.

By Dimas M I

May 8, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. The explanation from Nick Santos is very nice. And I can get a free license for ArcGIS for 1 year. Thankyou very much

By Monika M

Jul 6, 2019

Amazing course, I am doing a PhD in GIS and this basically covers all the major themes and concept, while providing knowledge in practice. Great course!

By M.Bashir K

Jul 27, 2017

With 0 experience in GIS/ArcGIS, I started this course, and after completing the course, I already feel like a GIS expert :D Thanks to the organizers :)

By Charlie M

Feb 3, 2017

Great intro for anyone with absolutely no previous introduction to GIS, or even vague familiarity with the subject but little to no hands-on experience.

By SHAMSUL A R

May 6, 2020

This course if great. It gives me the concept of GIS. I did pass a good fruitful time during this journey. Thanks to the instructors for their support.

By Muhaimen A

Jun 12, 2017

The more I leran about GIS the more I am becoming confident to employ this in my daily life. Special thanks to the instructor by guiding step by step.

By Juan L R

Sep 9, 2016

Very Good for Beginners, Everything is explained in a very understandable way, the access to the program and the additional data makes it whole round.

By Melissa P

Aug 12, 2016

Essential for anyone interested in GIS and wants to get the basics. I really learnt a lot in a short space of time at my own pace. Brilliant convenor.

By Omesh P

Oct 16, 2020

An excellent introduction to the ArcGIS Platform. The explanations provided were thorough for persons who are using the software for the first time.

By Juan D Z C

Apr 30, 2020

Este curso es un locura, práctico, sencillo, útil, didáctico. Felicitaciones a Nick, es un excelente profesor y a su equipo por tan increíble labor.

By Obed M

Dec 25, 2017

Fundamentals of GIS, very helpful and a good stepping stone towards mastering GIS software to make meaningful analysis and communication using maps.

By Firman C M

Aug 14, 2016

Excellent course with step by step instruction for beginner. However the final assignment is challenging enough to summarize whatever I have learnt.

By Jason M H

Mar 4, 2016

Nick does a great job at using lab examples, providing data that makes it easy to follow along. Looking forward to the rest of this specialization.

By Namrata M

Apr 27, 2020

Enjoyed learning every part of this course. It helped me to understand the basic aspects of GIS and also the assignments helped a lot practically.

By Babar N

Jan 19, 2020

highly appreciated...And now i believe it that with the help of this specialization i can fulfill my dreams... So much excited for this course...

By Scott B

Jun 5, 2018

Excellent introductory course to the GIS sequence. Highly recommend. I have reviewed the content multiple times even after finishing the course

By Nikedimos p m

Apr 23, 2020

Highly interactive course!!

I gained tremendous knowledge from this introductory course and I can't wait to take the next specialization course

By Sang Y

Aug 11, 2019

The video is easily to follow, the instruction of the assignment is clear. Concept is explained clearly with appropriate practice to illustrate

By Candra S D K

Jan 7, 2017

it's a really great course for you who wants to get a starter about GIS, especially about ArcGIS. Very helpful and easy to follow instruction..

By Marco A J C

Jun 24, 2020

there are several concepts that were half done, but I still give it 5 stars because I suppose I will understand it throughout all the courses

By Tushar N T

Apr 29, 2020

Great course for anyone new in the world of GIS. Highly recommended for beginners.Overall great experience while learning basic GIS concepts.

By Tess M

Sep 1, 2019

Really well thought out program. Went in with low expectations and am amazed with the modern structure of learning. Cant recommend this more!

By Pasquale C

Mar 8, 2016

Excellent modules, excellent teaching, excellent moderation and responsiveness from the tutor. I was not expecting this quality. Really good!

By Daniel T

Sep 1, 2019

I found this course an amazing one. Start with zero knowledge about the topic and end with an important foundation in it and practice hours.