Back to Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World by University of London

The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC. Please see the volume Global Diplomacy: Theories, Types and Models authored with Dr Alison Holmes, (Westview, 2016), and the Understanding Research Methods MOOC from Coursera. The Global Diplomacy MOOC has a direct heritage in the University of London International Academy/SOAS Global Diplomacy MA Programme launched in April 2013 which have attracted hundreds of students from around the world. The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty five years. After completing the 'Global Diplomacy' MOOC, learners will have: 1. The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies. 2. An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics. 3. A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy. 4. knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts....

Great course. I had a general interest in diplomacy and wanted a little taste of what it was, this course has provided me just that. It has amazing resources to help enhance our knowledge of diplomacy

MS

Oct 31, 2019

Absolutely incredible course in diplomacy that gives you a perfect glimpse of understanding how diplomacy works in practice and what achievements you need to posses in order to become a good diplomat.

51 - 75 of 1,151 Reviews for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

By Vicky C

Feb 10, 2021

Interesting. Requires commitment.

A number of videos to go through as well as reading material. Kept deviating from script and went into the various links plus did quite a bit of research on the topic.

If you are interested in life long learning and keen to understand the challenges of diplomacy this is a good introductory course.

Yes, as interesting as the topic was nothing can beat the feeling of accomplishment.

Plus amazing peer support, awesome team!!!

A course well worth your time. Thank you to the Coursea!!!

By maxamed a s

Mar 30, 2021

I learned in this course more about Global diplomacy such as: Diplomacy in action , the Quality of good diplomat, the difference between good and bad diplomacy, articles of Diplomacy

Conclusion of course what I learned from this course I can't summarize here what i learned I did not know before I started this course

I would like to thank the platform of coursera, the University of London and the professors who took part in this course and presented their expertise in diplomacy

from Somalia: MOHAMED AHMED SUFI

By Ho N

Aug 2, 2020

It was an incredibly perfect insight into the modern diplomacy in the world, which is happening in day-to-day life but I have never really to noticed. The materials provided in the course also helped me understand the basic nature of diplomacy & a job of a diplomat, and give me the clues to study the famous cases of diplomacy in the world of politics. This insight & knowledge will help me realize what I need to learn & practice to get a career in Internation Affairs. Thank you for this opportunity.

By VENI K

Jun 27, 2020

A relevant course for the current economic situation which really needs a global handshake among the leaders around the world to boost the post pandemic Covid-19 situations. The stigma of modernisation though is needed but the old school protocols still works better in foreign policy in order to understand a country's rituals and culture when a diplomat represent his or her country. Every political negotiations has its own pros and cons which works best for their own country an the end of the day.

By Maxim B

Mar 13, 2019

Excellent, well organized and very professional course on Modern Diplomacy. Happy to join, learned so many interesting things and structured my knowldge in he best way!

Maxim Behar

email: max@m3bg.com

www.seychelles.bg

By Sasy S

May 4, 2017

I really enjoyed learning about Diplomacy in the world, its application, and real life examples. The course was very helpful in terms of delivering the subject, and the speaker videos really simplified the concept and made it more clear to understand. Although online learning might be a little bit of a dry material but the weekly peer reviews created a kind of interaction and ideas' sharing that I believe made this course-beside its topic- a more enjoyable experience.

By Carla G

Nov 10, 2020

I've truly enjoyed this course and the different videos and readings in each segment. I also value the reviews and commentaries from my peers on the e-tivities. It's good for giving an introductory insight into Global Diplomacy. I would have liked to see though, a more in depth and detail video commentaries on real case scenarios and their applications, as some of the examples were very general. Great course! I recommend it for beginners in this subject.

By Ana R R d S C

Apr 27, 2020

The course was great, and I definitely learned different and interesting subjects regarding Diplomacy. It presents the topics in a clear way, and it is quite didactic (with articles, videos, and reports). I did the course in 5 weeks, and more or less spent 3/4 hours per week on it. I would recommend the Global Diplomacy course, especially for those you want to learn the basics of Diplomacy or want to know if you should or should not pursue this field.

By Paul V d E

May 14, 2020

I have taken many on-line courses, but is is one of the only ones where I looked worked to the next lesson. Course material was very well presented and allowed me to find additional material to enhance the learning process. Assignments were challenging, but well worth the effort required. The review of peers also contributed to a very good learning climate. Of course, now I have no other choice but to take similar courses for my own development.

By Mohamed A

Sep 12, 2020

The course is sophisticated but you have made it very simple, clear and easy with practical interviews of heavyweight diplomat or profs. I have gained a lot and I can see from the peer assessments that my peers also grasped a good of knowledge of diplomacy. Well done and I thank you for the lecturer, Dr Rofe, and Coursera giving us this opportunity. I advise to all my peers to upgrade and get the certificate in order to see their achievements.

By Shamrir A

Mar 2, 2021

This was an excellent course. I truly admire the distinguished professors and instructors who brilliantly delivered their lectures on global diplomacy. For anyone trying to learn about diplomacy, its practice, the current state of diplomatic affairs, and its scope, this course is a must-have. I also like the fact how not only one or two but lectures of almost 8 instructors were compiled to provide insights and knowledge from different angles.

By Juan P C O

Jul 14, 2020

Un curso que me permitió entender y abordar múltiples perspectivas de la Diplomacia, su evolución y estado actual, un tema fascinante que merece ser revisado con cuidado. Los docentes que hicieron sus contribuciones, aportaron desde su posición, la cual fue enriquecida con la investigación y los trabajos propuestos en cada unidad. Muy feliz de culminar este curso, de la mano de una universidad a la cual quisiera pertenecer

By Liuva R M

Jan 11, 2021

An exceptional course that brings you the basic knowledge about Diplomacy and International Affairs, integrated by great experts and proposing different and interesting perspectives (all equally valid) to address any topic you propose in the Global sphere. Thanks to this Coursera course I have discovered that Diplomacy is my passion, and I am completely sure that I am going to specialize my career over that area of study.

By Eftychia L

Really enjoyed learning about Diplomacy, which of course contains a lot more than my 5 week study.

It is a field that interests me and l never had the chance to study or exercise it in depth. Any diplomatic knowledge is helpful in our every day life and in understanding how things around us work, especially in the political level of our country and the world in general, at least at some point.

Thank you for the opportunity!

By Jesús D M T

Jun 12, 2022

This is a great course that help me to develop all those necessary concepts that everybody mentioned around the world. Those video with a big information the explanation, example, all those magnificent information help to understand the problematic that I saw in different country. In my diary of life, I will be more concern about the international problematic and studies what part the diplomatic is taking care.

By Rhio D F

The course is very helpful in understanding the basic concepts and forms of diplomacy, and how it works in the real world. It gives the learners the opportunity to integrate their learning with what they know and have experienced in the past. The structure of the course also provides opportunity to learn from others and at the same time provide feedback on how others fared. I will recommend this course to others!

By Annahita I

Mar 20, 2021

Highly insightful, refreshing, the perfect way to spend one's semester break productively, without feeling overwhelmed or disturbed in one's time off. Great readings, and tasks that not only fuel as well as challenge one's creativity, but also train one's writing and analytical skills. Thank you University of London, SOAS University of London, and of course - Coursera, for providing this wonderful course.

By Tofail A

Jun 14, 2019

Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World is a true challenge nowadays. Coursera is providing this value added education in association of the university of London . It's our gratitude that we have an opportunity to learn from world prominent university's instructors. The potentials I instructors are highly competent and strong knowledgeable in the assigned area. I am enjoying the course.

By ferdinand a

Mar 12, 2021

This course has really taught me what I was lacking practically. The interview sessions were extremely helpful and informative. More of this is encouraged in our next courses. Amazing Class it's been. Thanks to the interviewer and the scholars involved in the interview. Your knowledge is really broad on the topic. I truly have learnt a lot, and so much. Thank You University of London!

By Guadalupe S S

Oct 31, 2017

It was a great opportunity to participate in this online course. I realize that we have to use these tools much more today to share experiences and our particularities and visions about our community and country from a local, national and international perspective. I was able to consolidate a much more holistic perception of diplomacy by considering an inclusive critical perspective.

By Maurizio

Jan 28, 2021

I was really interesting ! It was my first approach to diplomacy and it was just so interesting to see how it does not only concern the political domain, but also organisations communication and our everyday life as well! Being able to read and think about the definitions of my peers was also nice because it made me think about perspectives I didn't think of at first.

Great course!!!

By Seiin K

Apr 8, 2019

This was a wonderful course highlighting the basic core principles of diplomacy. Although I had zero knowledge on the subject prior to the course, it was easy to understand and the classes were very minimal-stress and engaging. I really liked how the videos were in the form of interviews, not just lectures. It made them more enjoyable and engaging. Thank you so much for this course!

By Kathryn

May 14, 2017

wow, that was really interesting to me as i had no experience in what diplomacy actually is prior to this class. that being said, this is a great class for diplomats (as it offers much detail to be discussed) and non diplomats, also, (as it is extremely informative as it pertains to life and communication in general) as well. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. thanks so much for the experience!!!

By Julia R

Jul 15, 2020

It's the first time I am learning about diplomacy as a profession and actual field of study in-depth and not simply based on practioners' accounts. While the latter is undoubtedly important for anyone interested in a diplomatic career themselves, there is something to be said about understanding the history and evolution as well as various aspects of the profession and practice.

By Leonel C

I really enjoyed this course, it opens your mind and extend your academic thinking about diplomacy and its concepts seen from different points of view. It is taught by highly qualified teachers. I recommend this course for anyone who is in the study of the legal branch or even for general culture. Thanks for the opportunity and the academic material given during the course.