Back to Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World by University of London

The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC. Please see the volume Global Diplomacy: Theories, Types and Models authored with Dr Alison Holmes, (Westview, 2016), and the Understanding Research Methods MOOC from Coursera. The Global Diplomacy MOOC has a direct heritage in the University of London International Academy/SOAS Global Diplomacy MA Programme launched in April 2013 which have attracted hundreds of students from around the world. The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty five years. After completing the 'Global Diplomacy' MOOC, learners will have: 1. The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies. 2. An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics. 3. A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy. 4. knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts....

MS

Nov 01, 2019

Absolutely incredible course in diplomacy that gives you a perfect glimpse of understanding how diplomacy works in practice and what achievements you need to posses in order to become a good diplomat.

DS

May 14, 2019

Excellent course for those aspiring to be career diplomats. Engages us with a history of diplomacy ever since it was widely practised and accepted as a form of conflict management and resolution.

226 - 250 of 367 Reviews for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

By Marian H

Jun 02, 2019

Excellent course and excellent knowledge, I recommend anyone who is interested in diplomacy or international relations

By Ramazani M K

Jun 05, 2019

Good course

By Jojo W

Aug 11, 2019

An excellent course! Time well spent!

By Zihui Z

Aug 10, 2019

Great course. Every part is perfect.

By WangSuyong

Aug 16, 2019

very good

By Jenny P G

Aug 19, 2019

Thank you SOAS, Univ of London; a great course to learn history, international relations and political science.

By Mara-Elsa M

Aug 22, 2019

Good induction course. Thank you!

By ORTHION B

Aug 26, 2019

A quality education, I recommend.

By Sa'ad U A

Jul 05, 2019

I have tremendously benefited from this course and I find it very educating and enlightening regardless of your educational background or professional career.

By Ali B

Jul 07, 2019

It is a good course to teach basic concepts of diplomacy and it is easy to continue to recommend it for future diplomats

By Ptg

Jul 09, 2019

I think it is a great coruse for whoever wants to get started in the diplomacy world, full of resources and interestin topics to tackle.

By Zulfiqar A R

Jul 10, 2019

Learned the diplomacy from a broader perspective and how to do an analysis of it in the contemporary world. Lectures and the reading materials were very knowledgable.

By sharmistha D

Jul 10, 2019

Before joining this course I had very little clue what about diplomacy but after doing this course I understand that diplomacy is not just about talking and handshaking. It's more than that. I thank coursera for giving me this wonderful oppurtunity to explore my interest through this platform.

By Débora J A d S

Jul 13, 2019

I thought this course was great! Learned a lot, and the workload and way the classes are divided is not too difficult to follow and work with.

By Ali H A

Aug 30, 2019

Great Course

By Rabih M

Sep 09, 2019

I loved this course,

Dr. J. Simon Rofe and the professors did a great job in this course, they explained it in a way to reach easily the learners.

I recommend studying this course.

By Shayda M

Sep 09, 2019

Good basic introduction to the subject. Nice balance of input and resources with a requirement of research.

By EBOIGBE N P

Sep 17, 2019

GREAT!!!

By Obumneke O Q

Sep 17, 2019

This course really helped me understand what diplomacy means as well as its key role in our everyday life. Diplomacy is key in today's world and actions, be it political or otherwise. A great course seen from different perspectives!

By Christoph s

Jun 12, 2019

Estaba my bien este curso you aprende mucho sobre Como manejar las crisis y Los conflictos

By Daniel F A

Jun 13, 2019

Very good course

By Tofail A

Jun 14, 2019

Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World is a true challenge nowadays. Coursera is providing this value added education in association of the university of London . It's our gratitude that we have an opportunity to learn from world prominent university's instructors. The potentials I instructors are highly competent and strong knowledgeable in the assigned area. I am enjoying the course.

By Mary M

Jun 13, 2019

Me gustó porque esta muy bien ordenado y va directo al grano

By Maria I R

Jun 15, 2019

This course is really informative, easy to understand and follow, the videos and articles they provide are very interesting. It was perfect for me because it’s online. Thank you very much for this experience.

By Sylvia A

May 27, 2019

The course is very good and I recommend it.