Back to Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World by University of London

The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC. Please see the volume Global Diplomacy: Theories, Types and Models authored with Dr Alison Holmes, (Westview, 2016), and the Understanding Research Methods MOOC from Coursera. The Global Diplomacy MOOC has a direct heritage in the University of London International Academy/SOAS Global Diplomacy MA Programme launched in April 2013 which have attracted hundreds of students from around the world. The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty five years. After completing the 'Global Diplomacy' MOOC, learners will have: 1. The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies. 2. An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics. 3. A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy. 4. knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts....

DS

May 14, 2019

Excellent course for those aspiring to be career diplomats. Engages us with a history of diplomacy ever since it was widely practised and accepted as a form of conflict management and resolution.

BK

Sep 20, 2016

This course is interesting where it develops your understanding in International Relations and Diplomacy protocols. I love the course to strengthen my knowledge on Foreign Policy. Happy study

226 - 250 of 338 Reviews for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

By César D R F

Jun 11, 2019

I really enjoy this MOOC.

I'm very grateful with University of London for sharing such a nice program to foreign students.

Congratulations

By Sa'ad U A

Jul 05, 2019

I have tremendously benefited from this course and I find it very educating and enlightening regardless of your educational background or professional career.

By Ali B

Jul 07, 2019

It is a good course to teach basic concepts of diplomacy and it is easy to continue to recommend it for future diplomats

By Ptg

Jul 09, 2019

I think it is a great coruse for whoever wants to get started in the diplomacy world, full of resources and interestin topics to tackle.

By Zulfiqar A R

Jul 10, 2019

Learned the diplomacy from a broader perspective and how to do an analysis of it in the contemporary world. Lectures and the reading materials were very knowledgable.

By sharmistha D

Jul 10, 2019

Before joining this course I had very little clue what about diplomacy but after doing this course I understand that diplomacy is not just about talking and handshaking. It's more than that. I thank coursera for giving me this wonderful oppurtunity to explore my interest through this platform.

By Débora J A d S

Jul 13, 2019

I thought this course was great! Learned a lot, and the workload and way the classes are divided is not too difficult to follow and work with.

By David K

Jul 19, 2019

A great course to be taken as a fresh student under diplomacy. Very helpful.

By Margarito Z

Jul 18, 2019

Excelente. Muchos más como este. Gracias.

By Osca A F

Jul 21, 2019

The course has very rewarding . I have really learnt very much . My initial understanding of Global Diplomacy is totally different in every aspect. Its really good for anyone who wish to embark on this field or course to really consider to study take up this course. its very enriching and builds confidence.

By Rossitza D

Jul 20, 2019

Best short course ever taken!

Initially I was annoyed because I had to evaluate my mates and let three randomly chosen evaluate my homework. Also provided materials weren't smart-friendly - you need to print them out for reading.

Couple of weeks later I realised there is no other way - reading-friendly documents are easy to manipulate and content could be modified by anyone and distributed with amendments. And no one would notice! Besides, if your classmates evaluate you as a diplomat, you don't need lecturer's confirmation.

Thank you, Dr J. Simon Rofe, for teaching me this lesson. Keep-up the good work and take care! :D

By Gergő B K

Jul 27, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. It was really useful and I highly recommend it for those who are interested in studying diplomacy!

By Karla M P

Jul 29, 2019

GREAT QUALITY

By Sriram D

Aug 03, 2019

Nicely structured loved the readings that were assigned to the course.I would request the team for slightly longer course maybe a duration of 3-6 months to cover diplomacy in different regions. I would love to be informed if you have such a course. As the diploma is very expensive.

By MD. T H R

Aug 04, 2019

This course let me know about the ins-out f a diplomat and the diplomacy through every possible perspective. Lucky to have this amount of knowledge from the best professors and huge shout out to the learners.

By Jojo W

Aug 11, 2019

An excellent course! Time well spent!

By Zihui Z

Aug 10, 2019

Great course. Every part is perfect.

By WangSuyong

Aug 16, 2019

very good

By Jenny P G

Aug 19, 2019

Thank you SOAS, Univ of London; a great course to learn history, international relations and political science.

By Mara-Elsa M

Aug 22, 2019

Good induction course. Thank you!

By ORTHION B

Aug 26, 2019

A quality education, I recommend.

By Ali H A

Aug 30, 2019

Great Course

By Rabih M

Sep 09, 2019

I loved this course,

Dr. J. Simon Rofe and the professors did a great job in this course, they explained it in a way to reach easily the learners.

I recommend studying this course.

By Shayda M

Sep 09, 2019

Good basic introduction to the subject. Nice balance of input and resources with a requirement of research.

By EBOIGBE N P