Back to Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World by University of London

The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC. Please see the volume Global Diplomacy: Theories, Types and Models authored with Dr Alison Holmes, (Westview, 2016), and the Understanding Research Methods MOOC from Coursera. The Global Diplomacy MOOC has a direct heritage in the University of London International Academy/SOAS Global Diplomacy MA Programme launched in April 2013 which have attracted hundreds of students from around the world. The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty five years. After completing the 'Global Diplomacy' MOOC, learners will have: 1. The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies. 2. An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics. 3. A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy. 4. knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts....

DS

May 14, 2019

Excellent course for those aspiring to be career diplomats. Engages us with a history of diplomacy ever since it was widely practised and accepted as a form of conflict management and resolution.

BK

Sep 20, 2016

This course is interesting where it develops your understanding in International Relations and Diplomacy protocols. I love the course to strengthen my knowledge on Foreign Policy. Happy study

176 - 200 of 334 Reviews for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

By Guldana

Nov 07, 2017

very useful for future diplomats

By Elroy E A

Nov 03, 2017

Star Spangled Awesome!!!

By FERHAT V G

Feb 13, 2018

IT IS PERFECT FOR ME

By David Y

May 31, 2017

Very informative and applicable. It's like taking a full module.

By Selene C

Apr 24, 2018

Congraluations! I recommend so much this course.

By Mohd A Y N

Jan 04, 2018

It is my first online course and i have had a great experience. Got a chance to read what others think on the same issue through review your peer tool.

By Damilola M O

Apr 11, 2018

Awesome. I enjoyed this course. Hoping to purchase my certificate soon.

By Alex E

Aug 19, 2017

I thought this course was fantastic. It was definitely my favorite class one in a while. In which it helped me understand the roles of Diplomatic relations in detail. Again well done all who made this course available and will be looking for more courses like this. Alex Ehrhardt (Malta/Europe)

By Yousef A

Aug 17, 2017

First time for me to try an online course. I was afraid it's gonna be complicated and difficult, but on the contrary of my expectation, it was interesting, enjoyable, and simple. A really great experience.

Thanks to everyone involved in creating this course.

By Nicholas R

Sep 25, 2017

A good course that gave me an insight into the world of diplomacy

By Edona Z

Dec 06, 2017

Really helpful and understandable course. Enjoyed it a lot.

By José R

Mar 14, 2018

It was an extraordinary exchange of knowledge. To be able to submit my work and have it scrutinized, not only by my professors but by my peers was quite the gratifying experience. I hope to take similar courses in the future.

By Ajiboye J

Sep 04, 2017

An excellent experience

By Maurizio

Nov 19, 2017

I was really interesting ! It was my first approach to diplomacy and it was just so interesting to see how it does not only concern the political domain, but also organisations communication and our everyday life as well! Being able to read and think about the definitions of my peers was also nice because it made me think about perspectives I didn't think of at first.

Great course!!!

By Kostiantyn T

Jun 16, 2018

Thank you very much for the selection of reading materials, in particular "Peace Negotiations" by Robert Lancing. It was great pleasure to read whole book, as well as draw similarities with the current events and personalities.

By BILU K

Sep 20, 2016

By Alexandre v M

Mar 15, 2018

Excellent course!!

By Ana C f a

Nov 14, 2016

Me encantó hacerlo!!! Me encanta todo lo que tenga que ver con diplomacia

By Sonia C

Dec 30, 2016

A great course, providing a broad perspective on diplomacy and the role of the diplomat.

By Austin D J

Jan 29, 2017

I am thankful that this opportunity was given to me

By George M

Mar 05, 2017

The course was very informative. I feel i have learnt a lot when it comes to global diplomacy and I definitely will continue learning more about this course

By Abdesselam E a

Apr 04, 2017

Great course

By Alvin M L

Jun 26, 2017

Excellent Course, thoroughly enjoyed the videos and reading material as well as the forums for discussion. The Peer assignment and peer grading platforms are a great way to see what fellow students are doing in the class. This comes highly recommended.

By Маргарита

Sep 25, 2016

It was very exciting and interesting experience for me. I`ve learned many new things. There`re educational videos about diplomacy from the best professors of University in London. I liked it very much!

By Muhammad A W G

Jan 17, 2017

I enjoyed my time learning in this course. But I actually have a concern: even though the materials were difficult enough for me to study (FYI: I am not a student from social science background), should not this course have been more challenging especially for them who pursued a verified certificate like me? What is your opinion?