Back to Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World by University of London

The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC. Please see the volume Global Diplomacy: Theories, Types and Models authored with Dr Alison Holmes, (Westview, 2016), and the Understanding Research Methods MOOC from Coursera. The Global Diplomacy MOOC has a direct heritage in the University of London International Academy/SOAS Global Diplomacy MA Programme launched in April 2013 which have attracted hundreds of students from around the world. The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty five years. After completing the 'Global Diplomacy' MOOC, learners will have: 1. The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies. 2. An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics. 3. A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy. 4. knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts....

MS
Oct 31, 2019

Absolutely incredible course in diplomacy that gives you a perfect glimpse of understanding how diplomacy works in practice and what achievements you need to posses in order to become a good diplomat.

TR
May 1, 2020

251 - 275 of 973 Reviews for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

By Khalid m n a m

Jun 8, 2020

I really enjoyed with learning what the meaning of the Diplomacy and how i be diplomatic thank you Coursera for giving me the chance to learn about it

By Y T R

May 16, 2020

. One will understand how broad the concept of diplomacy is. The E-tivities are engaging and I have learnt a lot from the instructor and the students.

By Julia F

Oct 15, 2020

I loved it! So helpful and organized. It was the perfect introduction to Diplomacy. I'm excited to go for another course at the University of London.

By Patricia M G d l T

Oct 10, 2020

It is certainly a course for beginners, but it serves as an introductory step in understanding diplomacy from different perspectives and conceptions.

By Ridhi M

Aug 17, 2020

The course was amazingly constructed and it provided a modern perspective into the world of global diplomacy. Thank you to the university of London .

By Aditya S V

Feb 25, 2020

This was a good, short and insightful course on diplomacy with various perspectives to it. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it!

By Orifjonov X

Jul 28, 2020

It was awesome. This is the one of the best courses I have ever taken. In this course, I found out a lot of useful information relating to Diplomacy

By HealthyFitClau

Jul 25, 2020

a very well complete course of the basics of Diplomacy!!! I have learned a lot and very excited for the future courses this university will provide!

By Debbie K

Jul 2, 2020

Went into this course knowing nothing much about diplomacy or foreign relations, came out with a clear understanding and my own take on the subject!

By Mohammad

Apr 10, 2021

It is a wonderfully designed course to learn about success and failures in diplomacy plus an array of useful insights about a successful diplomat.

By Steven S

Jun 7, 2020

Outstanding course, gets a person thinking, and I appreciate the opportunity to learn new things. Please keep the courses coming and thanks again!

By Beka B

Mar 22, 2021

well, thank you for this great experience, it was so interesting and educative for me. i know i will continue courses here. bests of wishes! Beqa

By Mahendra K D

Apr 13, 2020

The teachers have shown the way and encouraged all to explore further and navigate deeper into the subject. Their guidance remained all the time.

By Meskerem

Apr 10, 2020

Thank you very much. It has really broadened my view of diplomacy and activated me to seek more training and career opportunities in this field.

By Harsh S

Jul 19, 2020

Best course ever, each and every concept was crystal clear to understand, great job, brilliant course, thanks a lot really really thanks a lot

By Débora J A d S

Jul 12, 2019

I thought this course was great! Learned a lot, and the workload and way the classes are divided is not too difficult to follow and work with.

By Deisy M V N

Apr 5, 2017

The professors was really experts in the subject of the course. Really great information. I learn a lot. Was so easy to understand. Thank you.

By Zamel A H A h

Oct 31, 2019

It's an excellent course for those who are planning to be diplomats or curious about global diplomacy. I have gain a lot out of this course.

By Jaehui L

Jun 28, 2020

I loved the course since it starts by explaining the basic concept and moving on to what attributes are needed to be a successful diplomat.

By Evalyne K

Mar 8, 2019

This was my introduction to the Global diplomacy courses and I must say, I had to do more. Happy that I made the choice to take this course

By Auridete d S B

May 30, 2021

I am very glad for following this course. It gives me motivation to continue my studies in this field. Thank you so much Dr J. Simon Rofe.

By Santoesha K J

Jul 16, 2020

A great and useful course. It made me think about every topic we've discussed about. I am interested to delve into this new field (to me).

By Arghya

Nov 26, 2020

A very basic course for understanding and introduction of to diplomatic practices. The reading list is very exhaustive and well balanced.

By Juan P C

Oct 29, 2020

un excelente curso, me sirvió para comprender desde el punto de vista de expertos la esencia de la función diplomática en el mundo actual

By Garima

Jul 8, 2020

I benefited from this course as it gave an in-depth analysis of the discourse on diplomacy and access to some world class course material