Back to Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World by University of London

The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC. Please see the volume Global Diplomacy: Theories, Types and Models authored with Dr Alison Holmes, (Westview, 2016), and the Understanding Research Methods MOOC from Coursera. The Global Diplomacy MOOC has a direct heritage in the University of London International Academy/SOAS Global Diplomacy MA Programme launched in April 2013 which have attracted hundreds of students from around the world. The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty five years. After completing the 'Global Diplomacy' MOOC, learners will have: 1. The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies. 2. An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics. 3. A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy. 4. knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts....

TR

May 02, 2020

Absolutely incredible course in diplomacy that gives you a perfect glimpse of understanding how diplomacy works in practice and what achievements you need to posses in order to become a good diplomat.

Great course. I had a general interest in diplomacy and wanted a little taste of what it was, this course has provided me just that. It has amazing resources to help enhance our knowledge of diplomacy

26 - 50 of 534 Reviews for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

By Guadalupe S S

Oct 31, 2017

It was a great opportunity to participate in this online course. I realize that we have to use these tools much more today to share experiences and our particularities and visions about our community and country from a local, national and international perspective. I was able to consolidate a much more holistic perception of diplomacy by considering an inclusive critical perspective.

By Seiin K

Apr 08, 2019

This was a wonderful course highlighting the basic core principles of diplomacy. Although I had zero knowledge on the subject prior to the course, it was easy to understand and the classes were very minimal-stress and engaging. I really liked how the videos were in the form of interviews, not just lectures. It made them more enjoyable and engaging. Thank you so much for this course!

By Maurizio

Nov 19, 2017

I was really interesting ! It was my first approach to diplomacy and it was just so interesting to see how it does not only concern the political domain, but also organisations communication and our everyday life as well! Being able to read and think about the definitions of my peers was also nice because it made me think about perspectives I didn't think of at first.

Great course!!!

By Kathryn

May 14, 2017

wow, that was really interesting to me as i had no experience in what diplomacy actually is prior to this class. that being said, this is a great class for diplomats (as it offers much detail to be discussed) and non diplomats, also, (as it is extremely informative as it pertains to life and communication in general) as well. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. thanks so much for the experience!!!

By PhD T L

Jun 25, 2018

This course is aimed at all those interested in the subject of diplomacy, whether they want to prepare for a profession in this field, or that they want to understand better the role of diplomacy in today's world, the evolution of diplomacy in the last century, the way of organizing specific institutions, as well as the various forms of diplomacy currently practiced.

By Farhod S

Jan 31, 2020

Extremely convenient and tailored course, with amazing short videos by professionals and substantive accessible materials. The subject is interesting, although it says the modern world diplomacy, there are also great materials about traditional diplomacy. It is tailored course, you will be able to learn easily and joyfully.

Thank you so much. Truly enjoyed it .

By Ferdinand J

Aug 16, 2017

The course, of course offers a clear insight on the foundation in Global Diplomacy for those, who are interested to pursue. Unlike some of the other MOOC curses, offered by others, the very unique teaching methodology and assessment constructions, induce participants, to go a little deeper into the course contents, by seeking and learning other related materials.

By Eduardo d G O V

Mar 04, 2020

It seems to me a basic but very interesting course on the concepts of Diplomacy. Many times you don't think about diplomacy as it is presented to us, but it is something abstract that we assume happens, but we leave aside the reasons and the ways in which it is carried out. A course that I highly recommend and especially for the readings they provide.

By James M

Feb 24, 2019

Interesting course -- very good introduction to diplomacy, with interesting historical context. I appreciated the video interviews and the readings, which culminated in an especially excellent week 5 reading. In thinking through opportunities for improvement, I suspect an in-depth case study for close examination may benefit future learners.

By Muhammad A W G

Jan 17, 2017

I enjoyed my time learning in this course. But I actually have a concern: even though the materials were difficult enough for me to study (FYI: I am not a student from social science background), should not this course have been more challenging especially for them who pursued a verified certificate like me? What is your opinion?

By Mohamed Y S

May 27, 2019

I feel proud and very happy to have completed this program which has been dear to me. I wish good luck to all the friends who have followed and share this program with me. Thanks to Dr. J. Simon Rofe, the founder of this program. Thank you to all the experts who had to share their experiences to transfer their knowledge to us.

By Nimesh B O

Feb 01, 2020

This course will certainly help everyone who has aspirations to learn about Diplomacy. From the Skills of Diplomats to Diplomacy happening around the world, this course will boost not only your knowledge from a perspective but from multiple dimensions and from other peers as well. Had a great time in completing the course.

By Daniel B

May 07, 2020

Excellent Course, it truly explains and gives details of the workings of Diplomacy, show what the traits of a diplomat ought to be while also outlining the success and failure of diplomacy. I’m very happy to have taken this course as I aspire to enter the political arena. This course has taught me the value of diplomacy.

By Giulia V A

Apr 16, 2020

This course was interesting and different. It is not a usual MOOCS as you can interact, you have to send in assignments, and you are reviewed by your peers - which makes everything better because we are all on the same track. I would highly recommend it, plus the information is relevant for our difficult times as well.

By Hasnain J K

Feb 10, 2020

Global Diplomacy studying through the University of London SAOS was one of my great self educating experience. I have had a full course and completed successfully. The course give me great insights and developed my rational understanding of understanding how countries operate and cooperate through this institution.

By Gloria G d R

Feb 14, 2019

This is a great course and one learns a lot on the subject of diplomacy. Would highly recommend it to anyone who wishes to know more about this fascinating subject that is of great importance in any area of our lives. No matter what you profession is, this course will be of great use for diplomacy is all around us.

By Shreyaman B

Jan 03, 2020

This is such a wonderful course. It helps you understand diplomacy in the international spheres and also how it can be used in the daily life. Really thankful of the University of London that they have put such a wonderful course online and it can reach everyone on the globe and is fairly cheap and accessible.

By Huzaifa B

Nov 18, 2019

I started this course to help myself in understanding Global Diplomacy which adds into my BS education of International Relations. This course helped me in understanding some of the basic definitions, meanings, terms and experienced some great time learning with some of the best in the University of London.

By Osca A F

Jul 21, 2019

The course has very rewarding . I have really learnt very much . My initial understanding of Global Diplomacy is totally different in every aspect. Its really good for anyone who wish to embark on this field or course to really consider to study take up this course. its very enriching and builds confidence.

By Daria

Apr 22, 2019

A nice interactive course that gives general understanding of basic concepts of diplomacy. You should not expect to get very deep and professional understanding of practical diplomacy finishing this one. For the chosen style and purpose, however, this course is very well-balanced, interesting and inspiring.

By salome

Good start in Global Diplomacy. I hope there will be courses about diplomacy, more details, more case studies, failed and successful diplomacy with its own reasons, of course with the professional view. I enjoyed with the course. Watched, listened and got interesting ideas, knowledge and feedback.

By sharmistha D

Jul 10, 2019

Before joining this course I had very little clue what about diplomacy but after doing this course I understand that diplomacy is not just about talking and handshaking. It's more than that. I thank coursera for giving me this wonderful oppurtunity to explore my interest through this platform.

By Alex E

Aug 19, 2017

I thought this course was fantastic. It was definitely my favorite class one in a while. In which it helped me understand the roles of Diplomatic relations in detail. Again well done all who made this course available and will be looking for more courses like this. Alex Ehrhardt (Malta/Europe)

By Tay M

Oct 05, 2019

The course was a good introduction to diplomacy, and can be completed quite easily. The assignments were good test of our understanding about the different week's content and concepts. It was also interesting to see different perspectives and views towards approaching the same issue/question.

By Zita K K W

Sep 08, 2017

I immensely enjoyed taking part of this course, I learned a lot, and as well I benefit from the fact that I had an interaction with other students who assess my work and noted me and vice versa. I thing it is incredible! I would recommend it for people who are interested in global diplomacy.