Back to Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World by University of London

The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC. Please see the volume Global Diplomacy: Theories, Types and Models authored with Dr Alison Holmes, (Westview, 2016), and the Understanding Research Methods MOOC from Coursera. The Global Diplomacy MOOC has a direct heritage in the University of London International Academy/SOAS Global Diplomacy MA Programme launched in April 2013 which have attracted hundreds of students from around the world. The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty five years. After completing the 'Global Diplomacy' MOOC, learners will have: 1. The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies. 2. An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics. 3. A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy. 4. knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts....

TR

May 02, 2020

Absolutely incredible course in diplomacy that gives you a perfect glimpse of understanding how diplomacy works in practice and what achievements you need to posses in order to become a good diplomat.

Great course. I had a general interest in diplomacy and wanted a little taste of what it was, this course has provided me just that. It has amazing resources to help enhance our knowledge of diplomacy

51 - 75 of 791 Reviews for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

By Tofail A

Jun 14, 2019

Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World is a true challenge nowadays. Coursera is providing this value added education in association of the university of London . It's our gratitude that we have an opportunity to learn from world prominent university's instructors. The potentials I instructors are highly competent and strong knowledgeable in the assigned area. I am enjoying the course.

By Guadalupe S S

Oct 31, 2017

It was a great opportunity to participate in this online course. I realize that we have to use these tools much more today to share experiences and our particularities and visions about our community and country from a local, national and international perspective. I was able to consolidate a much more holistic perception of diplomacy by considering an inclusive critical perspective.

By Seiin K

Apr 08, 2019

This was a wonderful course highlighting the basic core principles of diplomacy. Although I had zero knowledge on the subject prior to the course, it was easy to understand and the classes were very minimal-stress and engaging. I really liked how the videos were in the form of interviews, not just lectures. It made them more enjoyable and engaging. Thank you so much for this course!

By Maurizio

Nov 19, 2017

I was really interesting ! It was my first approach to diplomacy and it was just so interesting to see how it does not only concern the political domain, but also organisations communication and our everyday life as well! Being able to read and think about the definitions of my peers was also nice because it made me think about perspectives I didn't think of at first.

Great course!!!

By Kathryn

May 14, 2017

wow, that was really interesting to me as i had no experience in what diplomacy actually is prior to this class. that being said, this is a great class for diplomats (as it offers much detail to be discussed) and non diplomats, also, (as it is extremely informative as it pertains to life and communication in general) as well. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. thanks so much for the experience!!!

By Julia R

Jul 15, 2020

It's the first time I am learning about diplomacy as a profession and actual field of study in-depth and not simply based on practioners' accounts. While the latter is undoubtedly important for anyone interested in a diplomatic career themselves, there is something to be said about understanding the history and evolution as well as various aspects of the profession and practice.

By Leonel C

I really enjoyed this course, it opens your mind and extend your academic thinking about diplomacy and its concepts seen from different points of view. It is taught by highly qualified teachers. I recommend this course for anyone who is in the study of the legal branch or even for general culture. Thanks for the opportunity and the academic material given during the course.

By PhD T L

Jun 25, 2018

This course is aimed at all those interested in the subject of diplomacy, whether they want to prepare for a profession in this field, or that they want to understand better the role of diplomacy in today's world, the evolution of diplomacy in the last century, the way of organizing specific institutions, as well as the various forms of diplomacy currently practiced.

By Farhod S

Jan 31, 2020

Extremely convenient and tailored course, with amazing short videos by professionals and substantive accessible materials. The subject is interesting, although it says the modern world diplomacy, there are also great materials about traditional diplomacy. It is tailored course, you will be able to learn easily and joyfully.

Thank you so much. Truly enjoyed it .

By Ferdinand J

Aug 16, 2017

The course, of course offers a clear insight on the foundation in Global Diplomacy for those, who are interested to pursue. Unlike some of the other MOOC curses, offered by others, the very unique teaching methodology and assessment constructions, induce participants, to go a little deeper into the course contents, by seeking and learning other related materials.

By M H

Oct 05, 2020

I actually see it as a very educational and useful course, nice way of teaching by short videos (even if the readings were a bit too long but still interesting content) and the tasks were meaningful, I see it as a course that is smh good but my only advice would be in making more tasks or events that connect the course participants more together in a direct way

By Hannah S A

Aug 07, 2020

Taking a course in global diplomacy has provided me with the adequate knowledge on diplomacy, and has broaden my knowledge on the qualities of who a good diplomat is, as well as the various dimensions of diplomacy. The academic materials that were provided went a long way to aid the successful completion of the course. I'm very grateful for the opportunity .

By Eduardo d G O V

Mar 04, 2020

It seems to me a basic but very interesting course on the concepts of Diplomacy. Many times you don't think about diplomacy as it is presented to us, but it is something abstract that we assume happens, but we leave aside the reasons and the ways in which it is carried out. A course that I highly recommend and especially for the readings they provide.

By Judith L

Jul 27, 2020

Really loved this course, I was unable to finish my degree due to health issues a few years ago and loved this subject. So in preparation for my return to university (yay!) I decide to brush up. Also kept me sane during this pandemic, definitely worth even if its just for interest sake. Hope you enjoy the course as much as I did, and good luck!

By James M

Feb 24, 2019

Interesting course -- very good introduction to diplomacy, with interesting historical context. I appreciated the video interviews and the readings, which culminated in an especially excellent week 5 reading. In thinking through opportunities for improvement, I suspect an in-depth case study for close examination may benefit future learners.

By Arjav P

Jun 12, 2020

What I want to say first is the I loved the course style. First you are providing different personalities' views on the topic, then you provide reading, then final video. I really enjoyed the course. The purpose of gaining basic knowledge about diplomacy is successful. Thank you Prof. Simon and the whole team of SOAS, University of London.

By Фань Тяньян

Aug 16, 2020

I like this course very much. Based on watching the video reading materials and commenting on homework, I feel that I have learned a lot of knowledge and learned a lot about the importance of diplomacy, diplomats and diplomatic activities. The exchanges with my classmates have benefited me a lot, thank you Professors, sincere thanks

By Muhammad A W G

Jan 17, 2017

I enjoyed my time learning in this course. But I actually have a concern: even though the materials were difficult enough for me to study (FYI: I am not a student from social science background), should not this course have been more challenging especially for them who pursued a verified certificate like me? What is your opinion?

By Mohamed Y S

May 27, 2019

I feel proud and very happy to have completed this program which has been dear to me. I wish good luck to all the friends who have followed and share this program with me. Thanks to Dr. J. Simon Rofe, the founder of this program. Thank you to all the experts who had to share their experiences to transfer their knowledge to us.

By Saikat B

Sep 05, 2020

It is very useful. The peer review method is nice. Learning materials also enough. variety of examples and speakers including the practitioners and academics. Range of knowledge and information. World class examples. Different thoughts. At the end, it would be better to get a scope of interactions. Excellent course overall

By Nimesh B O

Feb 01, 2020

This course will certainly help everyone who has aspirations to learn about Diplomacy. From the Skills of Diplomats to Diplomacy happening around the world, this course will boost not only your knowledge from a perspective but from multiple dimensions and from other peers as well. Had a great time in completing the course.

By Daniel B

May 07, 2020

Excellent Course, it truly explains and gives details of the workings of Diplomacy, show what the traits of a diplomat ought to be while also outlining the success and failure of diplomacy. I’m very happy to have taken this course as I aspire to enter the political arena. This course has taught me the value of diplomacy.

By Giulia V A

Apr 16, 2020

This course was interesting and different. It is not a usual MOOCS as you can interact, you have to send in assignments, and you are reviewed by your peers - which makes everything better because we are all on the same track. I would highly recommend it, plus the information is relevant for our difficult times as well.

By Hasnain J K

Feb 10, 2020

Global Diplomacy studying through the University of London SAOS was one of my great self educating experience. I have had a full course and completed successfully. The course give me great insights and developed my rational understanding of understanding how countries operate and cooperate through this institution.

By Gloria G d R

Feb 14, 2019

This is a great course and one learns a lot on the subject of diplomacy. Would highly recommend it to anyone who wishes to know more about this fascinating subject that is of great importance in any area of our lives. No matter what you profession is, this course will be of great use for diplomacy is all around us.