Back to Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World by University of London

The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC. Please see the volume Global Diplomacy: Theories, Types and Models authored with Dr Alison Holmes, (Westview, 2016), and the Understanding Research Methods MOOC from Coursera. The Global Diplomacy MOOC has a direct heritage in the University of London International Academy/SOAS Global Diplomacy MA Programme launched in April 2013 which have attracted hundreds of students from around the world. The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty five years. After completing the 'Global Diplomacy' MOOC, learners will have: 1. The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies. 2. An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics. 3. A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy. 4. knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts....

MS
Oct 31, 2019

Absolutely incredible course in diplomacy that gives you a perfect glimpse of understanding how diplomacy works in practice and what achievements you need to posses in order to become a good diplomat.

Great course. I had a general interest in diplomacy and wanted a little taste of what it was, this course has provided me just that. It has amazing resources to help enhance our knowledge of diplomacy

151 - 175 of 949 Reviews for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

By Nicholas T O

Nov 6, 2020

Great course. I know my dream to be a diplomat is on course. This programme has raised my moral. detail content and materials give insight from the 2nd world war to date. Fantastic facilitator and I hope I can meet them in person day.

By Sonia A

Jun 13, 2020

It was a good experience online study and has inspired me to take more courses like this one. Thank you to the Instructor and his team and University of London for providing online course options like this. Have a great continuation.

By Denver E B C

Oct 13, 2020

This course by University of London and SOAS is a very unique learning opportunity as it uses Peer Review which do not only encourage critical thinking and writing but, also facilitate interaction and camaraderie among participants.

By oby q

Sep 17, 2019

This course really helped me understand what diplomacy means as well as its key role in our everyday life. Diplomacy is key in today's world and actions, be it political or otherwise. A great course seen from different perspectives!

By Mahmoud G A M

Mar 27, 2019

I have learnt much knowledge in this course, including cross-cultural communication, international policy-making and international relations. I learned that diplomacy is not only just the official work, but it is used at all levels.

By Edem K A

Jul 15, 2020

Global Diplomacy-Diplomacy in the Modern World is an interesting program with an easy to follow outline of the course content. It has satisfied my curiosity into knowing about the subject of Diplomacy in International relations.

By Kostiantyn T

Jun 16, 2018

Thank you very much for the selection of reading materials, in particular "Peace Negotiations" by Robert Lancing. It was great pleasure to read whole book, as well as draw similarities with the current events and personalities.

By César F

Jun 23, 2020

I really like the way the readings and the videos complement each other, the videos just go straight to the definition, giving a short but clear explanation of diplomacy and all implications it has for international relations.

By José R

Mar 14, 2018

It was an extraordinary exchange of knowledge. To be able to submit my work and have it scrutinized, not only by my professors but by my peers was quite the gratifying experience. I hope to take similar courses in the future.

By Daniel C

Apr 2, 2020

Interesting course, which introduce you to the world of diplomacy, global affairs, ministries of foreign affairs statecraft, and so on. It´s a good starting point for those interested in understanding more about this subject

By Waseem A

May 31, 2017

It was really an awesome course on diplomacy, video discussions of great scholars of diplomacy. I learned various new terms in this course. I'm very thankful to Cursera and University of London and SOAS University of London.

By Farrah B

Nov 16, 2020

I appreciate how the course was laid out. The videos made the subject matter extremely easily comprehensible and digested. Wishing all Coursera courses are laid out and patterned this way. Learned a lot and learned easily.

By Carolina d l A C J

Oct 7, 2019

Having been able to take this course was an incredible experience. I am a student who is fighting a corrupt system in her country and who wants to do her best for her nation. Frankly I feel one step closer to achieving it

By Jayanth D

Jul 22, 2017

Simple and vital course for all those interested to enter the field of International Relations or for those who want to become a diplomat. The course structure is really good and provides a wide understanding of diplomacy

By ahmed o

Apr 24, 2021

very very useful and nice course to provide the basics and fundamentals of the diplomacy and the negotiations skills and ways we need everyday not only in politics thanks for ell who participate din that great course

By Jigme W

Sep 18, 2020

The course is not only informative but also keeps you interested. Definitely, a course I would recommend to all who are interested in learning international relations, diplomacy and exploring career of a diplomat.

By Phetole R

Aug 17, 2020

I have learned so much about diplomacy and now understand it and want to put my theory into practice. Diplomacy is an integral part of our daily lives. Community engagement and communication is key in every aspect

By Jaljeet J K

Jul 27, 2020

The course was well structured, and allowed me to complete the course on my own phase. Course was designed to be very interactive, I felt that I was almost in a classroom when learning more about global diplomacy.

By Veritas V

Apr 10, 2020

Excelentes y magistrales exposiciones de expertos en el quehacer de la diplomacia internacional. No dudo en recomendar este fabuloso curso de formación en diplomacia y protocolo internacional. Dr. Jesús Mejía.

By Anindita D M

Jul 25, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. This will help me in my future MUN career as well as my dream job as Diplomat. Thanks to everybody who were associated with this course, and those who reviewed my assignments

By Thi B N

May 3, 2020

I was very amazed by this course. It was very well done and very interesting to listen to experts speak about diplomacy. I have confirmed a few things and gained new knowledge as well. I totally recommend it!

By MD. T H R

Aug 4, 2019

This course let me know about the ins-out f a diplomat and the diplomacy through every possible perspective. Lucky to have this amount of knowledge from the best professors and huge shout out to the learners.

By Maria I R

Jun 15, 2019

This course is really informative, easy to understand and follow, the videos and articles they provide are very interesting. It was perfect for me because it’s online. Thank you very much for this experience.

By Maryam H S A A

Mar 17, 2021

Amazing experience with this course where we can have have the ability to review other's work and learn more about diplomacy in which it will help us gain different information from different nationalities.