Back to Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World by University of London

The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC. Please see the volume Global Diplomacy: Theories, Types and Models authored with Dr Alison Holmes, (Westview, 2016), and the Understanding Research Methods MOOC from Coursera. The Global Diplomacy MOOC has a direct heritage in the University of London International Academy/SOAS Global Diplomacy MA Programme launched in April 2013 which have attracted hundreds of students from around the world. The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty five years. After completing the 'Global Diplomacy' MOOC, learners will have: 1. The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies. 2. An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics. 3. A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy. 4. knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts....

MS

Nov 01, 2019

Absolutely incredible course in diplomacy that gives you a perfect glimpse of understanding how diplomacy works in practice and what achievements you need to posses in order to become a good diplomat.

DS

May 14, 2019

Excellent course for those aspiring to be career diplomats. Engages us with a history of diplomacy ever since it was widely practised and accepted as a form of conflict management and resolution.

176 - 200 of 368 Reviews for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

By Daria

Apr 22, 2019

A nice interactive course that gives general understanding of basic concepts of diplomacy. You should not expect to get very deep and professional understanding of practical diplomacy finishing this one. For the chosen style and purpose, however, this course is very well-balanced, interesting and inspiring.

By Robert D J

Apr 23, 2019

Very enjoyable. The course presentation was excellent. I would definitely recommend the course to others.

By Lin H

May 11, 2019

Very well conceived, easy to understand and reading materials provided are all relevant and interesting. I would highly recommend this cours to people who want to start to study international relations and diplomacy. I would like to continue with advanced courses.

By Mohamed Y S

May 27, 2019

I feel proud and very happy to have completed this program which has been dear to me. I wish good luck to all the friends who have followed and share this program with me. Thanks to Dr. J. Simon Rofe, the founder of this program. Thank you to all the experts who had to share their experiences to transfer their knowledge to us.

By Mohamed A

May 29, 2019

Excellent refreshing course for professional diplomats and career diplomats alike that is so easy to follow but also short and sharp. I would recomend for those who also wants to understand the diplomatice circles and functions to at least enrole to this course.

By Soojin K

Jun 18, 2019

Best course ever

By Sixtus M B

Jun 27, 2019

It has been a short journey with great achievements. I have learnt a lot in the Global Diplomacy that I completely didn't know before. Thank you for the course and thank you for the lectures, guidance and I thank all my peer reviewers for reviewing my work and giving me their grades. It was worth taking it and I would strongly recommend others to take it. You will never regret on your time and money by taking this kind of course. Thank you University of London and Thank you Coursera for making this happen. My Kudos

By César D R F

Jun 11, 2019

I really enjoy this MOOC.

I'm very grateful with University of London for sharing such a nice program to foreign students.

Congratulations

By David K

Jul 19, 2019

A great course to be taken as a fresh student under diplomacy. Very helpful.

By Margarito Z

Jul 18, 2019

Excelente. Muchos más como este. Gracias.

By Gergő B K

Jul 27, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. It was really useful and I highly recommend it for those who are interested in studying diplomacy!

By Sriram D

Aug 03, 2019

Nicely structured loved the readings that were assigned to the course.I would request the team for slightly longer course maybe a duration of 3-6 months to cover diplomacy in different regions. I would love to be informed if you have such a course. As the diploma is very expensive.

By MD. T H R

Aug 04, 2019

This course let me know about the ins-out f a diplomat and the diplomacy through every possible perspective. Lucky to have this amount of knowledge from the best professors and huge shout out to the learners.

By Tinotenda C

May 31, 2019

Neat introduction

By RITVIK D

May 31, 2019

Quite a good experimentation in course pattern!

By Marian H

Jun 02, 2019

Excellent course and excellent knowledge, I recommend anyone who is interested in diplomacy or international relations

By Ramazani M K

Jun 05, 2019

Good course

By Jojo W

Aug 11, 2019

An excellent course! Time well spent!

By Zihui Z

Aug 10, 2019

Great course. Every part is perfect.

By WangSuyong

Aug 16, 2019

very good

By Jenny P G

Aug 19, 2019

Thank you SOAS, Univ of London; a great course to learn history, international relations and political science.

By Mara-Elsa M

Aug 22, 2019

Good induction course. Thank you!

By ORTHION B

Aug 26, 2019

A quality education, I recommend.

By Ali B

Jul 07, 2019

It is a good course to teach basic concepts of diplomacy and it is easy to continue to recommend it for future diplomats

By Ptg

Jul 09, 2019

I think it is a great coruse for whoever wants to get started in the diplomacy world, full of resources and interestin topics to tackle.