Back to Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World by University of London

The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC. Please see the volume Global Diplomacy: Theories, Types and Models authored with Dr Alison Holmes, (Westview, 2016), and the Understanding Research Methods MOOC from Coursera. The Global Diplomacy MOOC has a direct heritage in the University of London International Academy/SOAS Global Diplomacy MA Programme launched in April 2013 which have attracted hundreds of students from around the world. The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty five years. After completing the 'Global Diplomacy' MOOC, learners will have: 1. The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies. 2. An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics. 3. A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy. 4. knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts....

TR
May 1, 2020

Absolutely incredible course in diplomacy that gives you a perfect glimpse of understanding how diplomacy works in practice and what achievements you need to posses in order to become a good diplomat.

MS
Oct 31, 2019

176 - 200 of 946 Reviews for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

By Katyayani R

Thanks a lot to The London University for providing us with this exceptional course. I got to learn about the qualities of diplomacy and the diploma. It has been a pleasure completing this course. Thank you!

By Sanjida I S

Jun 1, 2020

At the starting some articles and some talks seem to be boring, tough and uninteresting, but as I went on I started understanding and reaching almost the finishing line is exciting like achieving something.

By Begimai R

Sep 1, 2020

Thank you for the teachers and guests, this course was full of useful information, articles and videos helped me deeply understand what global diplomacy is. I am very grateful for this great opportunity.

By Chandra M

Aug 17, 2016

Excellent course, I highly recommend to anyone who is interest in obtaining an insight in the field of Diplomacy. The videos and lectures and overall course material was very informative and interesting.

By Yury

Jun 21, 2016

Este curso é excelente parabéns aos mestres, professores e realizadores, não só pela elaboração do conteúdo apresentado, como também pelas explicações e pela prática realizadas através das atividades .

By Маргарита

Sep 25, 2016

It was very exciting and interesting experience for me. I`ve learned many new things. There`re educational videos about diplomacy from the best professors of University in London. I liked it very much!

By Lewis N

Sep 19, 2020

Great course! An absolute great reference to lean on in my career again. Refreshing and renewing. The tutors were absolute amazing and on point. Assignments easy to understand. Ready for the next!

By Jose M R S

Jul 16, 2020

I truly enjoyed this course, is a topic that I really like, the information is clear and complete, the activies shown are fun to do and the interaction between students is great, excellent course.

By Salvador I B C

Aug 20, 2020

This course literally changed my outlook on life in general and particularly on negotiation. Learning the skills that diplomats practice made me reframe many assumptions. I highly recommend it.

By Mohamad C

Jul 21, 2020

A Very interesting course, I personally have learned a lot and it did broaden my scope indeed!

I would recommend it in case you are a person interested in International Relations and Diplomacy.

By Gideon N B

Nov 2, 2020

The course material and videos are easy to understand and address the topics in-depth. The topics are equally very relevant in helping one to understand the contemporary diplomatic practice.

By Hamish D

Oct 28, 2017

A great course with a unique style of instruction. The interactions with many teachers, researchers and persons with experience in diplomacy gave some amazing insights about global diplomacy.

By BILU K

Sep 20, 2016

This course is interesting where it develops your understanding in International Relations and Diplomacy protocols. I love the course to strengthen my knowledge on Foreign Policy. Happy study

By JERRY M A

May 5, 2021

The course was really a benificial one for me inorder to understand what diplomacy means. The lectures & the readings help me in adding my knowledge on it... So happy to attend the course...

By Arnav S

May 5, 2020

The coursework has been structured incredibly well with appropriate amount of reading and writing. Week 5 as a Revision through thorough run of Interviews is an immensely effective addition.

By Jeyling s

Jul 30, 2020

was amazing, i learned a lot about diplomacy in the modern world and i know, i"m going to use this knowledge in the future and my classes too.

thanks to all instructors for this good course.

By Ratu S R S

Aug 3, 2020

Great course especially for beginners in the diplomatic field. Would have loved at least a one-off online lecture by the organizers nevertheless, for me, it was a great refresher's course.

By Leonid P

Apr 5, 2020

Thank you for this great course, SOAS! It is my second time with SOAS, University of London on Coursera. I really like your international relations program. Thank you! Thank you very much!

By Yuan L

Jan 6, 2017

this is an awesome course and i'm so much enjoying it. and i learned how to keep dialogue with others and how to master my words so that i can keep communicating with others. thanks a lot!

By Pascal B

Mar 13, 2019

Very interesting and practical course.

Thank you very much to all the skilful speakers who very clearly made their points about global diplomacy.

Really, I have learnt a lot here.

Thank you.

Sep 25, 2020

It has been a wonderful journey taking this course. I have learnt a lot and enjoyed the experience in learning about what diplomacy is and also hearing others' views about it. Thank you.

By Kubilay C K

Feb 4, 2017

As an International Relations with Politics student, I am very satisfied with the content and concept of this course. Definitely well-organized and helpful course related to my subject.

By Kainat M

Jan 25, 2021

I'm extremely overwhelmed throughout this course. I have learned many new dimensions in diplomacy and how we can fix the barriers we are facing in international relations and politics.

By Fabio

Nov 30, 2020

I've really enjoyed this kind of course, with a written assignment at the end of the lecture's week; It's been a very interesting and useful course to get a first sight to the subject!

By YINGYINGHUANG

Jan 9, 2018

Very enlightening course,the design of the course advances gradually in due order, and is of great help to student who want to have a better and deeper understanding of diplomacy.