Back to Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World by University of London

The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC. Please see the volume Global Diplomacy: Theories, Types and Models authored with Dr Alison Holmes, (Westview, 2016), and the Understanding Research Methods MOOC from Coursera. The Global Diplomacy MOOC has a direct heritage in the University of London International Academy/SOAS Global Diplomacy MA Programme launched in April 2013 which have attracted hundreds of students from around the world. The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty five years. After completing the 'Global Diplomacy' MOOC, learners will have: 1. The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies. 2. An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics. 3. A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy. 4. knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts....

Great course. I had a general interest in diplomacy and wanted a little taste of what it was, this course has provided me just that. It has amazing resources to help enhance our knowledge of diplomacy

TR
May 1, 2020

Absolutely incredible course in diplomacy that gives you a perfect glimpse of understanding how diplomacy works in practice and what achievements you need to posses in order to become a good diplomat.

776 - 800 of 934 Reviews for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

By Marco A R C

Jun 26, 2020

Es un muy buen curso, te da material de lectura, videos con opiniones y claves para identificar casos exitosos en los que se uso la diplomacia correctamente y te motiva a seguir estudiando el arte de la misma, lo unico que falto fueron en las ultimas semanas incluir mas articulos o guias para el uso de la diplomacia con la globalizacion.

By Barbara B

Jun 20, 2017

Interesting and enjoyable course. Easy to follow, with clear instructions, good material, excellent videos, interesting and interactive forums. Excellent support through the chat when asking questions. There may be merit to propose a more advanced module for those interested to learn more. Thank you for the opportunity.

By William W

Jul 29, 2020

One of the links in week 5 doesn't work! I would have preferred the long form interviews either be at the beginning of the course or scattered throughout instead of saved for the very end. They were the best part of the course! I also enjoyed some of the reading and learned quite a bit through this course. Thank you!

By Katie M

Aug 5, 2019

The content of this course was very interesting. I liked the mix of historical perspective and updated examples. This course is completely based on discussion forums so the learning style is very specific. I would have liked to see more diverse perspectives as almost all of the contributors are men.

By Kendall J

Jan 31, 2018

Short, but very content packed course. I felt that the course material was direct and straight to the point. The discussion questions were thought provoking and the reading was informative. The information learned would be helpful to a wide range of public officials. I would recommend this course.

By Syeda D E Z J

Apr 8, 2020

Fairly good course to dig into the basics of diplomacy. I would have liked a little more advanced and challenging content in the course through video lectures and case studies. Readings were really good but if they were incorporated as videos, it would have been a better learning experience.

By Josh W

Apr 2, 2020

Great material, really interesting video dialogue between the course administrator and the various guest lecturers and academics.

The assignments are a useful means of testing some of this introductory material. They could have perhaps culminated in more of a challenging task at the end.

By Pablo T

Jan 21, 2020

The course is very interesting, it contains very important and new information that is outside the conventional definition people give to diplomacy; as it not only talks about the ethics and the work of a diplomat but also foresees the role of diplomacy in future times

By Michaela K

Jan 10, 2017

The course was very interesting. I liked that I could share my views on diplomacy in the form of short essays and fellow peers could grade my work. In my opinion, the course could also include short quiz tests so that course participants practice the material more.

By Uchechukwu N A

Feb 16, 2021

I course was very interesting and useful. The video contents and material provided help a lot. I think the course should be updated to contain more in the syllabus or another course should be created that deeply talks about Diplomacy. The course was really great

By aida a

Apr 20, 2021

This was excellent and informative short course. The course content has helped me in my work .this course as I said earlier it was short and inclusive of all valuable practical information about diplomacy in this modern world. So I really enjoyed this course.

By Abhinav R

Jul 26, 2020

The course in itself is very well designed and impressive in terms of the study material provided. However, some of the reading materials provided are unavailable and It would be great if the instructors could make it available or provide an alternate source.

By Md. S I

May 8, 2020

A good one to have some knowledge of diplomacy. But the insights provided are superficial I think. The lectures could be deeper into the subject. The course contains mostly self-learning reading materials whereas it could be designed with more lectures.

By Nandhitha M

Aug 12, 2020

I enjoyed this course. However, I feel that a person who is completely new to diplomacy and geopolitics may find the explanations to be of a higher order of thinking. Using examples outside of the true diplomatic world could help improve this better.

By Spencer R

Aug 20, 2017

Great content but the peer reviewed marking system was too simplistic. There were assignments that I evaluated that were given 100% based on the rubric as they simply made the effort and discussed the topic, even if it was a half-hearted effort.

By Belen R Z

Jul 10, 2017

This course provides good introductory theoretic understanding of Diplomacy in the modern world. Even if the week 4 assignment materials are vague and unclear, the rest of the course is great for getting an initial touch about the subject.

By Edmund B

Jun 3, 2016

I am finding that the material is very relevant to our present era. I see now many news items which relate to the learning available in this course. I like writing about the topics, the activity firms up my understanding of those topics.

By Mustafa B K

Feb 17, 2019

It was definitely a useful course to start learning about Global Diplomacy, but it could be a lot more comprehensive and longer. Still, with the recommended readings, it is possible to broaden your perspective about modern diplomacy.

By Arsalan M

Sep 19, 2016

The course provides an insight into the world of diplomacy with recent examples of failures and successes. I would highly recommend this course to policy makers and also to those seeking to widen their horizons in diplomacy.

By Ciaran P

Jul 28, 2017

For anyone who believes diplomacy to be still the occupation of upper middle class, middle-aged white males this course is an eye-opener. It has been enhanced for me by the great feedback from my fellow students.

By James S

Jan 14, 2021

An engaging course on diplomacy which i believe will help me in future endeavours. In particular, this work helped me understand how some leaders (Trump, Johnson) lack the skills outlined in this course.

By Dr S D

Jul 18, 2020

It was a good course,especially for the beginners who want to know about the meaning and different characteristics of global diplomacy. Learning as per your convenience, is the best part of the course.

By gabriele a

Jun 25, 2020

I was very taken and my only regret was that it was over so soon. I would have liked more testing and additional material. I sure hope to find more courses on the matter - Thank you well done

By Bill W

Jun 18, 2018

I would like to have seen more videos showing individual (outstanding) diplomats and listened to them discuss why their recent negotiation was difficult and how they worked through it.

By Charlie M

Aug 3, 2017

The course was well structured but a little basic at times. For the most part, it seemed almost entirely common sense. But the readings and the classmate reviews were very interesting.