Back to Global Environmental Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Environmental Management by Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

Learn about the best environmental technologies for a sustainable development and how they are managed in various settings around the world. This course gives you an opportunity to learn about global trends that influence our environment and the living conditions and how different management systems and approaches that are used around the world to manage the environment. This includes current environmental technologies built for the environment and technologies for sustainable soil management, groundwater protection methods and integrated Water resources management....

WL

Jan 10, 2017

I've learned a great deal from the course. Thanks for putting together these valuable insights and gathered so many experts in effectively delivering the course. Kudos to the team of DTU and Coursera.

Jan 18, 2018

I really like this course. As I have to review other peers, I have learned other countries situation/ problem without the need of traveling. I really recommend people to join this course, it is worth.

1 - 25 of 227 Reviews for Global Environmental Management

By Sirinut

Jan 18, 2018

By Wei-Harng L

Jan 10, 2017

By AL A B A

Aug 27, 2018

I am learning the basics and fundamental topics which is related to my Civil Engineering Environmental courses. I am truly satisfied with the course and also my designated teacher. Thank you

By Edmond W

Jul 15, 2019

I gained additional knowledge regarding the different environmental management technologies and how some countries are engaged in addressing their environmental challenges.

By Clive P H

Jan 10, 2019

Anyone who is in the environmental field and those who are planning to go into this field should take this course. Its very informative and mind opening. Thanks DTU.

By Aborisade O

Jun 27, 2019

This course has opened my intuition to various environmental management techiniques across different location of the world hence providing knowledge of being able to discern how to handle these problems according to respective geographical unit needs, content is very rich and mode of delivery is superb!

I recommend this for all who cares about conserving and managing our world's renewable and non renewable resources for a sustainable existence in life.

By nilnal

Mar 05, 2017

The course gave me a general idea about environmental management. I've learned a lot from the examples and the process of finishing homework. Looking at others' homework also let me known more things happening in different countries and gave me lots of insights. I would recommend this course to friends who also interested in environmental management.

By francisco g e

May 23, 2020

it is a very good introduction towards environmental management since it covers all the topics that are involved in it. It is up to the student to study more about the topic that most attracts their attention, but this course provides the basis for a better understanding of the concept of global management.

By PALLAVI G

Feb 05, 2018

Helped me learn about the management practices that are being adopted for the environment and resources. They have touched well on the issues of water/waste water management and solid waste management, including the current challenges being faced with regards to them, covering in detail the practices in Denmark, Greenland, Africa, India, Bangladesh and a few others. Added quite a lot to my knowledge. A must course for beginners to the field of environmental management.

By Ellie E

Mar 09, 2017

A great insight into rural and urban management which could be greatly improved with more challenging (longer) assignments. Great video material and instructors, but I would have enjoyed writing and peer assessing more in-depth articles as opposed to condensing as much information as possible into a simple 200-400 words.

By esther v b

Feb 20, 2018

The course content itself is quite good. A little heavy on the (urban) water & waste management topic, but its content is interesting and provided me with new knowledge. There appears to be little to no interaction from DTU on the forum however, which means in case of questions or issues there is no way to engage them, a definite missed opportunity to make this course better for students.

By Rakeshkn

Jul 17, 2019

Good Course. But the case studies largely limited to or focus on Denmark issues only. Recommend to expand the scope to cover the issues globally. Highly recommended to understand the approach and fundamentals of urban and rural environmental management practices

By mohammad I

Jun 30, 2020

This Global environment management course is very good to add in our environment career

Sadly, most of the world's forests particularly in developing countries are being depleted due to over-exploitation and this has led to the extinction of important plants and animal species, and subsequent loss of biodiversity. On a larger scale, the impacts of ecosystem degradation and unsustainable use of forest resources have given rise to climate change as well as other pressing global issues. In my country India, the major problems facing forestry and nature management are poor natural resources management policies, illegal logging, large scale agriculture, indiscriminate use of forest resources among others. I plan to collaborate with NGOs, governmental agencies, policymakers, and international agencies to help develop policies that will ensure a sustainable model geared towards nature management and harnessing of forest resources.

By Jakub M

Sep 17, 2019

This course was very good. Videa was very interesting, from different fields of environmetal managament and from different experts brings fresh air to the course. I like the system of essays, and grading each other among the students. Reeding another view on problems and tings that i have to to grade others give me "quite new pespective" for the field of study :-) English languages is good and understandable. I definately recommend this course!

By Paul N

Nov 24, 2019

This is a good course for anyone looking to get a broad understanding of Global Environmental Management. It should be seen as a primer to undertake more in-depth study. I came to this as a relative novice so some research is needed if progress is to be made. A chat forum could potentially have been useful as a means to exchange ideas and share local knowledge.

By Kaelin P

Aug 24, 2017

This course gave me a greater perspective on Environmental Management because of the focus on Denmark, Greenland, and other countries other than the US. It was great to see the technologies that are being used and to hear about the challenges that may come up in the future as the climate changes. This course was very valuable to me and my professional development.

By Roger O

Aug 07, 2017

Un excelente curso, ayuda mucho a tomar una nueva perspectiva sobre problemas con los que lidiamos día a día, en especial permite conocer nuevos métodos que están siendo utilizados y que de una u otra manera países en desarrollo pueden adaptar a sus necesidades. La combinación entre teoría, ejemplos y práctica sin duda es el punto principal a favor de este curso.

By Gloria C W

Jan 20, 2020

Excellent curriculum along with proficient professors. This course has conveyed more information than I've ever received within one course. Furthermore, the Denmark Technical University has accomplished leaps and bounds above other universities within the area of urban sustainability management. In-short, very applicable knowledge.

Gloria Warren

By Eunice S G

Feb 19, 2019

My hope for this course was to get an idea of what one learns if one studies GEM and similar masters. IT helped a lot on this regard, specially because I come from an Industrial Design and teaching background, but have always been interested in joining the green gangs. It is a good overview of what you could end up doing when working in the field.

By Chitra C

One of the most interesting courses I have ever participated in. Learnt a lot about environmental management in different parts of the globe and particularly in Denmark, one of the best in the world. Assignments were interesting and peer reviewing was very enjoyable and informative. Would look forward to join in to many more of such courses.

By Monica Q

Jan 20, 2017

I really liked the structure of this course and the content was very clear and precise to understand. I want to thank all the professors that where involved in this lecture. I enjoyed every single one and it gave me an overview of the quality of the Master's programs offered by DTU Environment which I'm looking forward to start next Autumn.

By Jack D

Mar 22, 2017

Very good material - good insight and coverage of many aspects of environmental management.

Only critique would be to request more information on solutions in development to many of the problems - materials with solutions and or innovations currently available or up-and-coming.

Super gode og indholdsrig materialer - Tusind tak for kursus!

By Елена Х

Nov 10, 2018

Well designed interesting course for those who want to start study the Environmental Management. The lectures are in easy to understand English. They are full of interesting facts and information. The tasks are interesting. They make students to start think about their own cities and countries.

By Vladimir P

Dec 31, 2019

Useful General knowledge about the environmental management system. Cases from different regions of the world concerning global trends, climate change, urban planning, water and waste management. Dinamic presentations (photos, graphs, charts) with the participation of specialized experts.

By M D O

Apr 18, 2017

I loved this course! All the topics covered are very interesting and educational! It certainly increased my awareness about the environment, cities, sustainable development etc. In addition to these, I managed to establish a technical background about environmental management. Thank you.