Back to Global Environmental Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Environmental Management by Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

Learn about the best environmental technologies for a sustainable development and how they are managed in various settings around the world. This course gives you an opportunity to learn about global trends that influence our environment and the living conditions and how different management systems and approaches that are used around the world to manage the environment. This includes current environmental technologies built for the environment and technologies for sustainable soil management, groundwater protection methods and integrated Water resources management....

RT
Nov 3, 2020

I really like this course. As I have to review other peers, I have learned other countries situation/ problem without the need of traveling. I really recommend people to join this course, it is worth.

WL
Jan 9, 2017

I've learned a great deal from the course. Thanks for putting together these valuable insights and gathered so many experts in effectively delivering the course. Kudos to the team of DTU and Coursera.

26 - 50 of 327 Reviews for Global Environmental Management

By Ragavan T

Nov 4, 2020

By Coleman C S

Jul 28, 2017

The course is very rudimentary. It will do well for beginners, but it is very basic for people with sciences or engineering background. Please explore development of individual areas (sanitation, waste water management, solid waste management, etc.) as separate courses.

By YEKEEN S A

Sep 21, 2020

The course is okay but I was expecting more though. A more structured lessons/lesson notes would have been better instead of some lectures like an interview session. But in all, it added to my knowledge and skills. So my rating is what it is. Thank yoy

By vijaydilipraj

Mar 7, 2017

THE COURSE LACKS SUBSTANCE AND THE QUALITY OF A DANISH CENTER FOR HIGHER EDUCATION

By Miguel L

Jun 25, 2020

I didn't like the course. It gives you a really vague and generical overview of environmental managment, with little to no structure in the lessons / course approach. Some teachers talk about highly specific and theoretical things, fast and brief, others talk about vague approaches, most of them without making any clear points. Some don't even seem to know what they're there for, as if they didn't have time to prepare a lesson; it seems like they were approached in the middle of the campus and asked a few questions (that don't seem prepared either). Just three or four teachers taught something as a well structured overview class. It is extremely focused on water and waste management: what about energy, soil, landuse, forestry, agriculture, urban planning, policies...? It feels more like a series of video-overviews of the studies / teachers / research branches that are going on at DTU, which is fine, but I wouldn't call it a course at all.

By Cyril B M

Apr 19, 2020

It was more of a propaganda. Many things dealt here was something that we learned in our school days. The content displayed in the screens sometime have a real good value, but nothing was taught out of it. It is just a mere glance to show how the institute worked across the world.

By Bishal B

Dec 2, 2020

I am happy that I get the golden opportunity to learn more about Global Environment Management.

I also learn more about the situation of Denmark and their challenges towards the environment and also came to know the overcome of the challenges. Hope to get more chance related to this course. Thank you to the Technical University of Denmark and Coursera for this golden opportunity to learn.

By Eunice S G

Feb 18, 2019

My hope for this course was to get an idea of what one learns if one studies GEM and similar masters. IT helped a lot on this regard, specially because I come from an Industrial Design and teaching background, but have always been interested in joining the green gangs. It is a good overview of what you could end up doing when working in the field.

By Simephi L M

Sep 20, 2020

The course was very interesting and a little bit challenging, in particular on the part where you have to grade your peeer's work. On the academic part it has broadened my understanding of environmental management. The course helped to improve my understand of sustainable development and how it can be used as tool in environmental management.

By Monica Q

Jan 20, 2017

I really liked the structure of this course and the content was very clear and precise to understand. I want to thank all the professors that where involved in this lecture. I enjoyed every single one and it gave me an overview of the quality of the Master's programs offered by DTU Environment which I'm looking forward to start next Autumn.

By Jack D

Mar 22, 2017

Very good material - good insight and coverage of many aspects of environmental management.

Only critique would be to request more information on solutions in development to many of the problems - materials with solutions and or innovations currently available or up-and-coming.

Super gode og indholdsrig materialer - Tusind tak for kursus!

By Vincent C

Aug 30, 2020

The course is very timely as I will collaborate with local official to revisit the plan of an area where integrated water resources management is necessary to be employed. Thank you, Technical University of Denmark and Coursera. Thank you also Department of Science and Technology for having a great partnership with Coursera.

By Devanshu M

Sep 22, 2020

Very good and informative course.I learned a lot of important things from this course which i dont think that i could have learned from any where else.All the teachers taught very nicely and i an interesting manner.Moreover, the questions that were asked in this course were related to the concept only.

By Елена Х

Nov 10, 2018

Well designed interesting course for those who want to start study the Environmental Management. The lectures are in easy to understand English. They are full of interesting facts and information. The tasks are interesting. They make students to start think about their own cities and countries.

By Willem R

Sep 28, 2020

I found the course extremely informative and I thought that the course material was well put together. The course has actually lead me now to look further into the world on Environmental Management and I am considering further now my studies and knowledge in this particular field of study.

By Vladimir P

Dec 31, 2019

Useful General knowledge about the environmental management system. Cases from different regions of the world concerning global trends, climate change, urban planning, water and waste management. Dinamic presentations (photos, graphs, charts) with the participation of specialized experts.

By M D O

Apr 17, 2017

I loved this course! All the topics covered are very interesting and educational! It certainly increased my awareness about the environment, cities, sustainable development etc. In addition to these, I managed to establish a technical background about environmental management. Thank you.

By Glynis W

Dec 5, 2017

Very well taught and delivered. Over the past few weeks I've learnt how important it is for the upkeep of the environment to be our #1 priority. Your probably wondering why yourself! It's simple because it's our everyday life. We need it and it needs us, so therefore we must embrace it!

By Kressou S

Jul 14, 2017

An attractive course that responds to the current needs of the global society. With a modern and creative approach from the educators. It will provide you with the necessary knowledge for better understanding of the issue and will give you useful insights through location-examples.

By Waranuch T

Oct 17, 2017

Thank you very much all of related people to this course. It not only provides me knowledge on environmental management, but also lets me learn more about environmental management in many cities around the globe (through lectures and peer reviews). Really enjoy the course :)

By Shalaka S

Jul 21, 2020

It's very good course for those who really have interest in knowing about current system of environmental management. Lectures are really good and well explained, even a person with no background of this course can easily understand it and enjoy it. Totally recommend it.

By Jorge A

May 2, 2018

This a concise course where you learned from different standpoints. It was a great opportunity to take it while lecturing for an environmental engineering program, It really enriched the examples I could present and gave me new perspectives on environmental management.

By Valentina M V

Jan 10, 2021

Through this course you can get a whole new perspective on many environmental issues. What I liked most is that videos are made with many different speakers, so you can get feedback from so many people and so many different cases from areas around the world.

By Chandrashekhar A C

May 1, 2020

This is outstanding learning experience I have received from the course. It has immensely improved my learning on global environmental problems and their solutions. Also could get to learn from the international faculties and their rich academic experience.

By Lina

Jan 4, 2021

I deeply enjoyed it as environmentalism and water treatment is close to my heart. Gave me a great overview of world trend, where we are headed, why it is not so easy to solve all problems and methodology on how to solve them with which criteria in mind.