Back to The Global Financial Crisis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Global Financial Crisis by Yale University

Former U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Timothy F. Geithner and Professor Andrew Metrick survey the causes, events, policy responses, and aftermath of the recent global financial crisis....

TS

Apr 09, 2017

Great course indeed. I was following the materials and videos of the crisis for a long time and this course perfectly summarized everthing back by data analysis. Highly recommended to all enthusiasts.

JC

Mar 16, 2018

Excellent course on the GFC, I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting to learn more about the crisis. The instructors were very good and took a complex subject and made it very understandable.

26 - 50 of 287 Reviews for The Global Financial Crisis

By Yihuang W

Feb 10, 2016

Great course and brilliant instructors!

By Viktor L

Mar 07, 2016

A very good course!

By Carl S

Dec 31, 2017

Excellent broad view of a crisis of confidence in safe assets.

By Henrik G

Nov 06, 2016

My selves being in the middle of the financial crisis and working for a sovereign financial institution without having a major stake on the line is like being at war without a license to kill or die for.

I think both T. Geithner and A Metrick gave us a very realistic and honest picture of the current affairs of the Global Economic Crisis from 2007 and on wards.

Considering Geithners special position as Secretary of the Treasury at the time it is therefore very firsthand and insightful information however there is always the risk of contamination from what was done as opposed to what could have been done.

Great Course - a must for economists!

Best – Henrik Gjerning, Data Scientist and Economist

By Andre F

Dec 05, 2016

E

By Maarten H

Mar 08, 2016

Very interesting course. Well explained. Some basic banking knowledge might be necessay.

By Ray A C

Dec 18, 2016

Excellent course, great lecturers very knowledgeable of the field. Both Lecturers gave an excellent explanation on their respective stand point on the crisis and how the effects were viewed, one from actually trying to mitigates the effects while the other observed. I will recommend this course to anyone in the banking field and search for similar courses to gain a better understanding.

By 陈香

Sep 25, 2016

首先是慕名而来,其次通过初步了解课程内容,觉得课程架构很紧凑,预期对我的帮助会很大,也很感谢耶鲁大学开办这门课程,受益匪浅。

By Caelyn M

May 29, 2016

This was a great course. It was very well structured and the quizzes after each lecture were useful for quickly catching my own misunderstandings about the material presented. I learned so much from it and it really changed my perspective on the global financial crisis. My only complaint is that there no guidance on where to get supplementary information, either books or articles, on the topic.

By THANUJA S

Apr 09, 2017

By kelevilin k

Jul 18, 2017

this cause has corrected some misconceptions that i had during my work as a bank examiner.. it will assist me in my current role as a risk manager of a significant important financial institution

By Justin R

Jul 23, 2017

The method of instruction and excellent communication of the instructors allowed for me to understand and retain more about this very complex topic than I had imagined I would.

By Arkadiusz Z

Nov 05, 2016

Excellent course.

By 顾颖凡

Jan 07, 2016

fantastic class!!

By William B

Mar 07, 2016

I just started and the course already gives me additional fresh background insights about the origins of the Global Financial Crisis.

By Ilde d

Mar 19, 2016

Great course.

Clear and effective even when facing rather complicated contents. Maybe I would have liked slightly longer lectures

By Bertrand K

Mar 07, 2017

Excellent retrospective course about the global financial crisis and the way it was managed by authorities and institutions. The causes of the crisis are very well described and the professor's viewpoint is

By Alan E

Feb 23, 2016

Sets a high bar for online educational content. The instructors clearly know their subject matter, and are serving a public duty by offering this course online.

By Valeriy

Jan 22, 2016

it is very good course. Thank you for new experiance.

By Neringa B

Mar 03, 2016

The Global Financial Crisis course material is presented in an aesthetic manner where relevant ideas are expressed with clarity and honesty.

By Zenith H

Dec 24, 2016

provides a new perspective into the GFS instead of criticism

By Rodrigo A

Jan 28, 2016

Very instructive, the best account of the GFC in my experience

By Jorge A F Z

Jul 07, 2017

Fantastic course. Thank you Mr. Geithner, and Mr. Metrick for this wonderful experience.