Back to The Global Financial Crisis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Global Financial Crisis by Yale University

Former U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Timothy F. Geithner and Professor Andrew Metrick survey the causes, events, policy responses, and aftermath of the recent global financial crisis....

TS

Apr 09, 2017

Great course indeed. I was following the materials and videos of the crisis for a long time and this course perfectly summarized everthing back by data analysis. Highly recommended to all enthusiasts.

JC

Mar 16, 2018

Excellent course on the GFC, I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting to learn more about the crisis. The instructors were very good and took a complex subject and made it very understandable.

51 - 75 of 299 Reviews for The Global Financial Crisis

By Lucas N

Feb 25, 2016

Um excelente curso para todos interessados em compreender detalhes do contexto da crise de 2008 assim como a filosofia por trás das decisões tomadas pelos agentes governamentais no pós crise. Recomendo!

By MIRCEA N S

Dec 03, 2015

I am expecting a 5 star course as always and everything coming form a prestigious Ivy League University. Looking forward to all materials and useful knowledge from these top notch professors. Thank you!

By Jim C

Mar 16, 2018

By THANUJA S

Apr 09, 2017

By Rashi K A

Sep 01, 2018

This course was excellent. The short yet crisp lectures have given me a fair perspective of what came before, during and to an extent after the GFC. I feel I will greatly benefit from this knowledge.

By Ali I

Mar 02, 2016

GREAT COURSE,

THANKS,

WE LEARNED SO MANY THINGS FROM THE FIRST HAND AND I HOPE THAT, THESE CRISIS NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

THANK YOU TIMOTHY GEITHNER.

By kelevilin k

Jul 18, 2017

this cause has corrected some misconceptions that i had during my work as a bank examiner.. it will assist me in my current role as a risk manager of a significant important financial institution

By Satendra S R

Aug 16, 2017

thoroughly enjoyed it. Did it for purely for general knowledge purposes. Very delighted to complete it. Course lecturers Andrew is fabulous and Timothy is very grounded (with lot of depth)

By David W

Mar 28, 2016

Excellent course. Don't need a financial background, easy to understand, very manageable - and with the former US Secretary of the Treasury onboard gain valuable insight into the whole cr

By John V T

Jan 21, 2016

An excellent overview of the crisis from the perspective of those who working the issues at the highest level. Both instructors are going to keep you interested throughout the sessions.

By Harsh R M

Jan 26, 2018

A must course for anyone looking to understand why 2008 crisis happened. The fact that the course is taught by Professor Metrick and Secretary Geithner gives one more reason to enroll.

By Erik d Z

Feb 25, 2016

Very interesting, being European myself, I would have liked more on the professors opinion one how the ECB is trying to save the euro, and potential alternative ways to do so (or not).

By Paul C

Jun 30, 2017

I am working on understanding the Global Financial Crisis. This course helped me understand the crisis and the methods used by the Fed to keep the financial system from collapsing.

By Justin R

Jul 23, 2017

The method of instruction and excellent communication of the instructors allowed for me to understand and retain more about this very complex topic than I had imagined I would.

By Carlos V

Jan 11, 2017

Excellent course.

A real privilege to have this kind of instructors. Exceptional opportunity to receive information directly from one of the main protagonists of the event.

By Chandra K

Feb 07, 2019

The course gives you the clear picture of what had happened during Financial Crisis and the best part is what should have/ what action need to be taken for future crisis.

By Yoman

Jan 14, 2016

We are really very fortunate to have the courses like this. A lot of thanks with a request that please continue to bring these very high quality courses in future also.

By Satisch D

Feb 21, 2016

Excellent course, probably the best narrative that exists. Hopefully a sequel on 2016 won't be required. But if it does let's hope it's from the same team.

Thank you.

By Rob P

Jan 25, 2016

An excellent course! Very detailed without being boring and expertly delivered.

An important course for everyone to study and one I will definitely be recommending.

By Karen I

Sep 01, 2018

This is a very interesting course with a very informative professor and instructor. I just received “The Stress Test” in the mail, but have not started reading it.

By Ammon B

Jul 05, 2018

Incredible. Both Metrick and Geithner were excellent lecturers. All of the associated journal articles and speeches were helpful supplements for a deep background.

By Alan E

Feb 23, 2016

Sets a high bar for online educational content. The instructors clearly know their subject matter, and are serving a public duty by offering this course online.

By Alexander K

Feb 13, 2017

Thank you very much for providing this in depth view into the mechanisms causing the Great Recession. AAA rating on the well-organized structure of the course.

By A C I

Mar 26, 2017

Great insight on the Financial Crisis. It takes incount that a lot of misinformation went through the news and papers and debunks the myths behind the crisis.

By Adam M

Jan 21, 2016

Great overview! The details and figures were sufficient to explain what happened without confusing people who might not know a lot about economics and finance