Back to The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future by University of Copenhagen

In 2015, the UN launched the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Adopted by 193 member states, the goals represent an important international step in setting humanity on a trajectory towards sustainable development. Within this course, you will get a historical overview of how sustainability has been understood, as well as a thorough introduction to the SDGs – what they are, how progress can be measured, and how the SDGs are relevant for the management of the global systems supporting humanity. The course will examine how various societal actors are responding to and implementing the SDGs. While all of the SDGs are essential to sustainable development, SDG 13, Climate Action, is usually perceived as the most urgent in terms of the need for a swift implementation on a global scale. Therefore, particular focus is given to this SDG. Through the course, you will gain up-to-date knowledge of the current understanding of human impacts on the Earth at the planetary level. Progress towards establishing global management of human interactions with the climate system within the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is also discussed. The course is designed and taught by Professor Katherine Richardson, who is a member of the 15-person panel appointed by the UN General Secretary in 2016 to write the 2019 Global Sustainable Development Report. In each lecture, Katherine interviews experts who provide insights relevant to the topic at hand....

JM

Jul 19, 2020

Thank you for offering this course (The Sustainable Development Goals-A global transdisciplinary vision for the future). I have passed it but I am not sure how can i get the certificate at this stage.

JJ

Jul 16, 2020

I loved it, ver interesting and relevant information to the situation we face nowadays! Everyone should take this course to understand that we must evolve as a society to have a better world for all.

176 - 200 of 562 Reviews for The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future

By Muhammad Q J P

Aug 15, 2019

This course is very informative. Instructor is also cooperative. It enhanced my knowledge about SDGs. I would recommend this course

By Chathuri C M

Jul 29, 2020

A perfect introductory course to SDGs and the global vision towards it. The course flow is very effective and very well delivered.

By Nowsheeen M R

Jun 09, 2020

A very insightful course regarding SDGs. Has helped me to understand the obstacles to achieve SDGs, and solutions to them as well.

By Lindsey J

May 12, 2020

Excellent course, very informative and easy to follow. Highly recommend to get a better insight into the challenges we are facing.

By TERESA G

Feb 26, 2020

It is a splendid course, with a lot of interviews with key people to understand the SDG and which relationships have between them.

By Juan D R

May 12, 2019

Excellent course to know the political and scientific basis of the SDG´s. Great explanation of the big issues and awesome guests.

By Katharina R

Apr 05, 2020

Very well prepared and organized lecture on the basis of the sustainable development goalz. Thank you for your efforts Katherine!

By KUSHAL S

Jun 10, 2019

Being unable to buy the course certificate i am still satisfied by the push that my teacher created in me towards climate change.

By Federica M

Aug 03, 2020

Interesting Topics that everybody, every citizens need to know at least as basic to get the SDG achieved by 2030. "Push" is key.

By Anastasiia M

Aug 10, 2019

The excellent structure of the course impressed me greatly! It has been both informative and interesting to learn it. Thank you!

By Amirhossein J

Apr 01, 2020

It is a very broad introductory course . Very important topics are covered which are very eye opening . I highly recommend it.

By Harsh V S

Jun 14, 2020

very informative and the discussions really help us to understand what all are happening around us and how sustainable works

By CHAURASIYA N V

Jun 01, 2020

Very knowledgeable course , I really appreciate this course , I was gain more knowledge about sustainable development goal.

By Sirilak W

Jul 05, 2019

Course very rich of knowledge of sustainable development which can help me understand world situation well than last time.

By Godfred A N

May 16, 2020

I have enjoyed every part of the course and most especially our guest who took us through various informative discussions

By Asadullah

Jul 18, 2020

THE EXCELLENT COURSE

"THANK YOU SO MUCH" Respected Madam Katherine Richardson

University of COPENHAGEN

AND Coursera Team

By Mehak B

Jul 03, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. I am a biologist by profession and this course helped understand the bigger picture of SDG

By Lee S Y

Mar 13, 2018

Short and sweet! Provides a concise introduction to Sustainable Development Goals for absolute beginners in the subject.

By Ijeoma O

May 13, 2018

bringing in different experts was refreshing and insightful, I however will need to read up more on SDGs and resilience

By SMARANIKA T

Aug 01, 2019

It was really an awesome course with lot of insights from various field experts. I am looking forward to such courses.

By Ørjan A

Dec 28, 2019

This is the best course to increase knowledge about the sustainable development goals and where this work is heading.

By Bjorn S

Nov 11, 2019

Super insightful and perspective changing in a relatively limited amount of time, certainly a sustainable investment.

By Mariam A

Jan 20, 2020

Incredible course with in depth material to give you the foundation you need in this field. Thank you for everything

By Joanne L

Oct 25, 2019

This course gives beginners a comprehensive overview of what SGDs is. The course is interesting and easy to follow.

By Theivakumaran J

Jul 24, 2020

Avoid the lengthy video and ensure that videos not exceeds 15 minutes if required more time then break into 2 part.