Back to The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future by University of Copenhagen

In 2015, the UN launched the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Adopted by 193 member states, the goals represent an important international step in setting humanity on a trajectory towards sustainable development. Within this course, you will get a historical overview of how sustainability has been understood, as well as a thorough introduction to the SDGs – what they are, how progress can be measured, and how the SDGs are relevant for the management of the global systems supporting humanity. The course will examine how various societal actors are responding to and implementing the SDGs. While all of the SDGs are essential to sustainable development, SDG 13, Climate Action, is usually perceived as the most urgent in terms of the need for a swift implementation on a global scale. Therefore, particular focus is given to this SDG. Through the course, you will gain up-to-date knowledge of the current understanding of human impacts on the Earth at the planetary level. Progress towards establishing global management of human interactions with the climate system within the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is also discussed. The course is designed and taught by Professor Katherine Richardson, who is a member of the 15-person panel appointed by the UN General Secretary in 2016 to write the 2019 Global Sustainable Development Report. In each lecture, Katherine interviews experts who provide insights relevant to the topic at hand....

JM
Jul 18, 2020

Thank you for offering this course (The Sustainable Development Goals-A global transdisciplinary vision for the future). I have passed it but I am not sure how can i get the certificate at this stage.

JJ
Jul 15, 2020

I loved it, ver interesting and relevant information to the situation we face nowadays! Everyone should take this course to understand that we must evolve as a society to have a better world for all.

151 - 175 of 725 Reviews for The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future

By himmat r k

Apr 25, 2020

Course is very helpful but we not getting certificate without pay is very sad becouse of we not have money pay for certificate and without certificate no have importance of course.

By Juan Z

Oct 7, 2020

Fantastic course! The course provides a holistic view of SDGs and the interconnections. Extremely well structured, articulated and delivered. I enjoyed it a lot. Thank you so much!

By Chunli C

Mar 22, 2020

It is an amazing course with plenty of knowledge about sustainable development, and innovative opions from the guest professors, and also the excellent arragenment by the teacher!

By Alaa M A M

This course is one of the most beautiful courses that I studied, and I learned a lot of new and useful information from it.

I hope there will be a second, more detailed, course.

By Robyn C

Jul 21, 2019

Very interesting and easy to comprehend. I really enjoyed this course, and the knowledge of how Governments, businesses, and communities are working together to save the planet.

By Haroon A

Jun 23, 2019

Very helpful course for understanding the SDGs and preparing for future 2030 Agenda

I strongly recommended this course for my friends and interested people in development field

By Shelamony H

Apr 19, 2020

This course is very much helpful to learn details about SDGs. It helps me to know details ragarding different counties situations. Thanks a lot for giving us such opportunit.

By Maresce S

Jun 1, 2020

Thoroughly enjoyed the course. Three weeks is the perfect length for me. I did find some of the readings to be too long and a bit scientific but I've learnt so much. Thanks!

By Thitikorn N

Mar 3, 2020

The course was very well prepared. Love all the guests invited. I can now understand SDGs deeper, start to integrate them, and look at a bigger picture. Thank you so much!

By Raktim D

May 23, 2020

Very informative course! I learnt a lot in regards to interdisciplinary approaches to solve the problems faced by humanity in terms of economy, ecology and social issues.

By Sachin D

May 13, 2020

Course was very interesting and informative.. Sustainability is very important issue now a days and you have given lot of information to achieve goals in this. Thank you.

By SAMBIT K G

Apr 21, 2020

A very comprehensive guide to understand SDG and its interconnection with each other....very clearly elaborated by the instructor...thanks her for the lucid presentation.

By Tofail A

Jun 12, 2019

Strongly agree with the instructors. It updated with global need. 2030 with 17 objectives are really important to know for all of us. I am honestly happy with the course.

By Hans M

May 15, 2020

ourse gives a good solid into some of the heavy key facts we need to adress with high priority, but also gives a good understanding of the SGD goals set with agenda 2030

By Abdalla A

Nov 17, 2019

An amazing course that opened my eyes to global challenges and what is our role to contribute in solving them and how to push policy-makers to make the right decisions.

By Dennis L

Oct 20, 2019

This course provides an amazing overview of the sustainable development goals, how they are connected, what their impact on humanity is. Also it describes ways forward.

By Bien N

Mar 24, 2020

I strongly recommend this course to policy makers or who are working in NGO sector. This course provide useful knowledge about SDGs and a clear vision to achieve them.

By PRATIBHA

Jul 14, 2020

economic development with the protection of environment .how can i ,individauly coperate with the government in the cou ntry and also globally for achiving the SDGs .

By Joyce A O d S

Jun 10, 2020

I recommend this course to everyone who believes and wants to change the world for the better. Here you will acquire knowledge for it and feel empowered to pursue it.

By Gabriella A A

Aug 7, 2019

Achei o curso muito bom! Conteúdos relevantes, entrevistas claras e muito oportunas, ótimos exemplos para colocar em prática e visualizar o que se aprende na teoria.

By shiv n s

Jun 13, 2020

I find the course very informative. The faculty was amazing and discussion with different expert on different topic gave a detailed information on respective areas.

By Evie K

Jan 5, 2020

This course is perfect for an introduction to SDGs. It has given me a new perspective on seeing how things work and operate especially from economic point of few.

By Lovell N

Aug 18, 2020

Its the best on line course I had learnt, its so meaningful to the world and I think everyone should have a go with it to understand this world we live better !

By Michelle S

Apr 12, 2020

A wonderful course and exceptional vision for a future will all have a duty of care to encourage, be involved in and ensure occurs for all future generations.