Back to The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future by University of Copenhagen

In 2015, the UN launched the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Adopted by 193 member states, the goals represent an important international step in setting humanity on a trajectory towards sustainable development. Within this course, you will get a historical overview of how sustainability has been understood, as well as a thorough introduction to the SDGs – what they are, how progress can be measured, and how the SDGs are relevant for the management of the global systems supporting humanity. The course will examine how various societal actors are responding to and implementing the SDGs. While all of the SDGs are essential to sustainable development, SDG 13, Climate Action, is usually perceived as the most urgent in terms of the need for a swift implementation on a global scale. Therefore, particular focus is given to this SDG. Through the course, you will gain up-to-date knowledge of the current understanding of human impacts on the Earth at the planetary level. Progress towards establishing global management of human interactions with the climate system within the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is also discussed. The course is designed and taught by Professor Katherine Richardson, who is a member of the 15-person panel appointed by the UN General Secretary in 2016 to write the 2019 Global Sustainable Development Report. In each lecture, Katherine interviews experts who provide insights relevant to the topic at hand....

PM

Sep 01, 2019

This course opened up my mind to the various challenges confronting human beings in our world currently. It has made me aware of the important role that I have to play to change the world situation.

EU

Jun 13, 2019

I learnt a whole lot from this course. I gained new knowledge, learned new terms that would forge my future studies. I know more about the SDGs than I did before this course. Thank you for this!

151 - 175 of 509 Reviews for The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future

By Jesús S

Apr 22, 2020

Me gusto mucho el profundo análisis del curso, además de las pláticas con los expertos que estos me ayudaron a entender el tema más a fondo.

By PERRIER A

Jan 12, 2019

I had ever done courses about SDGs but I appreciated this one because it gives us a view we don't use to have about SDGs. Really interesting!

By Chotika T

Jun 23, 2020

This is my first course on this platform and I love it! very informative. Looking forward to utilising knowledge from this course. Thank you

By Sabrina D F F

Aug 11, 2019

Great detailed course! The teacher taught in a great manner, and having other experts bring their opinion on the matter made it even better!

By Maya M J

Apr 04, 2020

I learned a lot information about UN 2030 Agendas, Sustainability Developments Goals SDGs

❤😌

So I can improve myself at my Volunteer work ❤

By M N R

May 06, 2019

Its really great learning and I love this course. I will not just attend or study but I will start from myself to add value in SDG2030 goal

By anushree s

Great course, easy to understand. The videos are very good and 3rd Party perspectives are helpful to understand the impact on various SDGs

By BIRHU N

is develops my knowledge regarding sustainable development. different views of different researchers will broaden my knowledge. thank you.

By Chiranjeevi U

Great and Informational course. This course explained the detailed version of the importance of SDG's and their need to be implemented.

By Yenlik T

Apr 04, 2020

Great course that explains major points in SDGs also giving big emphasis to climate change and its interconnection to almost all Goals.

By Barbara T P

Mar 26, 2020

Great course providing a transdisciplinary overview of the various challenges we are facing on the way to achieve a sustainable future.

By Sabina C

Feb 23, 2020

A great way to have more insights on the topic from certified sources supported by official data, researches and interviews. Loved it!

By Virgilio A

Jul 14, 2020

curso muy formativo, sobretodo conocer las investigaciones que se están realizando en el sustainability science center de Dinamarca

By Jennie M

I loved this course. Katherine Richardson is fantastic and I enjoyed all interviews, presentations and reading material. Thank you!

By Paul A

Apr 07, 2020

Fantastic overview of the UNSDGS. Would have preferred a lengthier course, with a deeper dive into each of the 17 development goals

By Muhammad Q J P

Aug 15, 2019

This course is very informative. Instructor is also cooperative. It enhanced my knowledge about SDGs. I would recommend this course

By Nowsheeen M R

Jun 09, 2020

A very insightful course regarding SDGs. Has helped me to understand the obstacles to achieve SDGs, and solutions to them as well.

By Lindsey J

May 12, 2020

Excellent course, very informative and easy to follow. Highly recommend to get a better insight into the challenges we are facing.

By TERESA G

Feb 26, 2020

It is a splendid course, with a lot of interviews with key people to understand the SDG and which relationships have between them.

By Juan D R

May 12, 2019

Excellent course to know the political and scientific basis of the SDG´s. Great explanation of the big issues and awesome guests.

By Katharina R

Apr 05, 2020

Very well prepared and organized lecture on the basis of the sustainable development goalz. Thank you for your efforts Katherine!

By KUSHAL S

Jun 10, 2019

Being unable to buy the course certificate i am still satisfied by the push that my teacher created in me towards climate change.

By Anastasiia M

Aug 10, 2019

The excellent structure of the course impressed me greatly! It has been both informative and interesting to learn it. Thank you!

By Federica M

Jun 21, 2020

Interesting Topics that everybody, every citizens need to know at least basics to get the SDG achieved by 2030. "Push" is key.

By Amirhossein J

Apr 01, 2020

It is a very broad introductory course . Very important topics are covered which are very eye opening . I highly recommend it.