Back to The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future by University of Copenhagen

In 2015, the UN launched the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Adopted by 193 member states, the goals represent an important international step in setting humanity on a trajectory towards sustainable development. Within this course, you will get a historical overview of how sustainability has been understood, as well as a thorough introduction to the SDGs – what they are, how progress can be measured, and how the SDGs are relevant for the management of the global systems supporting humanity. The course will examine how various societal actors are responding to and implementing the SDGs. While all of the SDGs are essential to sustainable development, SDG 13, Climate Action, is usually perceived as the most urgent in terms of the need for a swift implementation on a global scale. Therefore, particular focus is given to this SDG. Through the course, you will gain up-to-date knowledge of the current understanding of human impacts on the Earth at the planetary level. Progress towards establishing global management of human interactions with the climate system within the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is also discussed. The course is designed and taught by Professor Katherine Richardson, who is a member of the 15-person panel appointed by the UN General Secretary in 2016 to write the 2019 Global Sustainable Development Report. In each lecture, Katherine interviews experts who provide insights relevant to the topic at hand....

JM
Jul 18, 2020

Thank you for offering this course (The Sustainable Development Goals-A global transdisciplinary vision for the future). I have passed it but I am not sure how can i get the certificate at this stage.

JJ
Jul 15, 2020

I loved it, ver interesting and relevant information to the situation we face nowadays! Everyone should take this course to understand that we must evolve as a society to have a better world for all.

101 - 125 of 760 Reviews for The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future

By Dorcas N k

Apr 11, 2018

This is a well structured course, it has given me the best understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals, and as a Development Studies PhD student, I fully subscribe to the SDGs and following closely on its progress and achievements especially in my country Kenya.

By Casandra L F

Nov 24, 2020

I truly enjoyed the course. It really highlighted the relationships between the SDGs and how we need to be mindful in our practises. If one focuses on only addressing 1 goal, you may be doing damage to other goals. We all need to work harmoniously, no room for silos.

By Abel M

Oct 21, 2018

Lets get more people to access this course, especially young people in African (SSA) countries, the challenge this side is payment methodology, you should come up with payment methodology say locally so that most people can access the course. It is so incredible!!!

By SAIF A

Jan 2, 2021

As we all know that Climate Change and its consequences are incoming catastrophes for the globe, therefore the SDG Course can help one understand the systematic battle to cope with serious possible outcomes as well as mitigate the intensity of social changes.

By Monir H

Jun 23, 2020

I feel so lucky to complete this exclusive course.

I do believe that "The Sustainable Development Goals- A global transdisciplinary vision for the future"

will expand the consciousness among the learners around the world for expected and developmental changes.

By Alicia S

May 25, 2019

The course was very informative. I have gained new insight on different aspects of the topic. I was encouraged to see the work that is being done with regard to SDGs. I appreciated the mixture of videos and readings. The quizzes were fun too. Excellent!

By Giselle M

Mar 12, 2018

Thank you very much for this amazing presentation and content, for sure I have much better knowledge about the SDG's than I did before started this MOOC. I would like to see more of this kind of MOOC's, specially regarding Business and Sustainability.

By Dr A J

Apr 5, 2020

One of the best courses I have come across. The time I spent was really worth it. The sessions are rich with content , clear with expression and satisfying with the knowledge it gives. I would like to congratulate Ms Katherine Richardson,my Professor.

By Tracey A C

Apr 22, 2020

Excellent overview not only of the SDGs, but of related issues such as inequality, governance and the role of civil society. Highly recommended for any work is working in the field and wants to understand the wider context of sustainable development.

By Utako K

May 9, 2020

Professor Katherine Richardson was wonderful in many ways. Especially the way she covers multiple perspectives on SDGs clearly mirrors how this comprehensive vision is constituted. Her lectures were well organized and easy to understand. Thank you.

By Arun V

Dec 21, 2019

This course was very interactive and informative., well designed and goal oriented. I wish best of luck to all who have enrolled to this course and my best wishes to the course instructor. She is nice and sound academician as well as a good leader.

By Halyna B

Apr 4, 2020

I am very thankful to Katherine Richardson, her explicit lectures and pulling in related scientists and researches for discussions the issues.

This course gives the fundamental idea about the SDGs and their influence on the future of the humanity.

By REX

It was very interesting , with a variety of materials related to SDGs. Most of all I really appreciate the well structured syllabus. Easy to access and also very helpful for people with no deep understanding of the sustainable development goals.

By Парцвания В Р

Aug 6, 2020

The course was very interesting, well structured and informative. Thanks a lot to Dr. Katherine Richardson, her team and all participants who made great contribution into preparation of the course. All the best from Moscow, Vakhtang Partsvaniya

By Naren M S

Oct 20, 2019

This course helped personally to understand the purpose of the SDG and the Volunteering activities I work. The author was very good in taking us through the entire course and made it very engaging. Thanks to everyone for making this happen.

By Yasmina H

May 3, 2020

What a great primer, an informative way to spend two Sunday afternoons in Covid19 lockdown. Seriously, I work in agriculture and we've adopted SDGs as business goals, so this course helped a lot and gives me raw materials to work from.

By Bhagya J

May 12, 2020

I loved the well- structured methodology used for teaching important aspects of the course. I am glad that i am now enlightened about the dire need for Sustainable Development at global level. I, 100% recommend this course to everyone.

By Mheda G

Apr 11, 2020

This course highlights the importance of sustainability, particularly Sustainable Development Goals, which is the current topic of conversation on sustainability. Sustainability applies to everybody so everyone should take this course.

By Basu J

Jul 16, 2020

It is a must to course in current scenario. It helps us in understanding the future of earth and the reality of environment.

wonderfully explained by the course instructor Katherine. Discussions were the main highlight of this course.

By Maira J N E

Mar 26, 2020

Professor Katherine Richardson has done a great job, easy to understand and clear examples. In addition to the great lectures and study material, the interviews and very qualify guests were very useful and important for learning. Thx.

By AYMA S

Sep 4, 2020

This is my first online course & i enjoyed a lot.It's very helpful for learning about SDGs goal .I.This course was very informative for learning many things.This online course system is very good than our offline course structure.

By Daniela F N

This curse was a really good opening about the SDGs and also motivating the student to find out how these Sustainable Development Objectives are being implemented in their own country and how you could contribute to this process.

By Mitte S

Oct 2, 2020

At the same time the course helped us to understand the SDGs better, but also have room for reflection and criticism. I enjoyed the mixed method approach of combining video's with assignments, literature and room for discussion.

By H. R K R

Apr 24, 2020

Wonderfully designed course, especially the videos, in which discussions and thoughts from the experts of different fields were shared. The instructor is amazing, her eloquence and depth of knowledge got me hooked in this course.