Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

R

Oct 09, 2017

Hi, Learn the basic of the English grammar and the rules on writing, which so important to writing. Enjoyed and learn so much that will help overcome fear writing.\n\nThank You, Again\n\nRobert Perea

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

126 - 150 of 3,143 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Vasanth R

Dec 06, 2015

This course's content and delivery are excellent. This gave proper understanding of grammar and punctuation usage. Many a times, I used to believe, I properly use punctuation, but this course set the scores right.

Thanks a lot for such an extraordinary course.

By Muslim M A

Oct 07, 2019

I have had the opportunity to enrolled in some English-speaking Courses, but this has been the master of them all. The lessons are so simplified, making it accessible for a even, a lay man. Thanks to the developer of the course, I'm learning in a great deal.

By Bruna C

Nov 06, 2015

Very easy to follow. Videos are short but at the same time they deliver the perfect amount of information you need in order to proceed with no further problems. I loved how we review other students projects, the helps everyone to learn and succeed in class.

By Nathan B

Feb 05, 2018

Excellent introductory course making grammar easy to understand. It has the same problem with the peer review assignments all courses have. There is no recourse when someone reviews your work incorrectly or unfairly. Still, I highly recommend this course.

By Kyrylo S

Apr 02, 2019

As alwaya, coursera provides us with the best courses. Before I had taken this course, I did't know how to properly use comas in English. I always wanted it, but I lacked neither passion nor time. Finally, I accomlished this goal. Thanks for the course!!

By sai k

Nov 01, 2015

Simple: Thank you for your effort. Compound : From now, I will observe when ever i read books, paper, or blog, and i will daily practice writing. Complex : Because the Instructor made the content structure vey well, made me easy to follow and understand.

By Maya S

May 30, 2019

It was definitely a refresher course. Well explained and to the point, and it certainly cleared up the small doubts I have any time I'm writing. I would recommend this to anyone, whether English is their first language or not, just to revise the basics.

By Sultan k k

May 03, 2017

It's an excellent chance to be a one who is learned this course with a simple explanations, also I learned and revised most of the topics that I learned before but I don't remember them clearly.

I'm interested to continue with the coming courses.

thanks.

By Marina K

Dec 22, 2017

Thank you for organizing such an interesting and important course. Here are being shared significant materials and tests for revision grammar tenses, usage of correct punctuation in four types of sentences and creation of sentence variety. Good luck!

By Muhammad I

Nov 11, 2015

I simply loved the methodology of this course. Being my first self-paced course with lots of quizzes and assignments and participation, I thoroughly enjoyed the challenges it posed to learn new skills. I have recommended lots of friends to join this.

By Mohamed A

Apr 07, 2020

This course gives you an overview of English tenses and how to use them properly. And as the name suggests, it teaches you how to punctuate sentences correctly. Also, You will practice a lot of what have learned as you go along. It is a nice course.

By Daniil S

Jul 16, 2019

Thank you very much for creating this course! It has given me such more knowledge in writing. Simple language, that is easy for understanding, makes completing this course faster.

I would advise to add some more tests for fixation these information!

By Jiayi W (

May 13, 2017

I have learned a lot of useful writing techniques, most of which are punctuation rules, and these will definitely help me a lot in the future! This course has taken me about 8 hours to complete. I'm now proceeding to the next course in this series!

By Deandra C

Dec 04, 2018

This was extremely helpful, and I have already applied the things that I learned in this class. Not only have I used the grammar and punctuation at work, but I have also used it in my personal writing projects. It was a wonderful refresher for me.

By Maja M

Dec 26, 2015

Really great couse! I recmmend it to everyone having some grounds in grammar but needing to improve the knowledge. I have never met with such a simple yet clearifying explanations and now I dont find right use of complex tenses so hard as before!

By Mahamud H

Nov 06, 2015

It was a great experience being a part of this course. It helped me a lot to review and learn what I needed the most. I would boastly recommend this course to the people who want to brush up their grammar and punctuation for better communication.

By AKINNUSI S

Sep 05, 2019

I want to use this opportunity to thank Coursera for giving me this grace to improve my grammar and punctuation skills. I have really gained a lot from this course, and I will be moving forward with a new specialization in the English language.

By Rabab K

Feb 25, 2018

It was a great course. I know now everything about punctuation and the different types of sentence. In addition to that, I had a quick view on how to improve my writing. I found very clear, well-organized, and easy to follow as well. Thanks.

By Hakan E K

Dec 07, 2016

I really appreciated for all your effort to created this classroom.This class helped me so much;in addition to this experience I am also very happy to attend your classroom.I have upgraded my confidence since I started to take this classroom.

By Lidiia S

May 07, 2020

I like the course because I've never studied English punctuation before. Furthermore, I think now it will be easier to write essays. My texts earlier seemed like 'I am Groot. I a m G r o o t', but I hope since now, it will be better. Thanks!

By Mariam A

Jun 10, 2018

This course is a good introductory to grammar and punctuation basics. There is so much focus on commas which is so helpful as well as the different types of sentences, so it forms a good base if you want to do more advanced grammar later on.

By Dr. U P

it is a great course - very well designed. I learnt many new things that I did not know. This course has improved my knowledge about punctuation marks, sentence types and many more. I would surely recommend others to enrol for this course.

By Pattita N

May 16, 2020

it was very helpful, and i understand about how to use punctuation, and grammer a lot better than before! To be honest, I am impressed, and i highly recommend if you are hesitant joining this course. Trust me you won't regret even a bit!

By Sophia B

Apr 14, 2020

This course was so helpful for me. Coursera explained things in an easy way that taught the basic but essential rules when it comes to grammar and punctuation. Learning these things will help me in college and future jobs, I just know it.

By 宾酱

Jan 15, 2018

It`s a nice class, the fellow students give me much useful advice, and the comments under my first class instruction really moved me. Also, I have learned many important grammar points that I didn`t notice as real as I do in this lesson.