Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

AA

Jul 07, 2019

A very useful course, specially designed for those who either forgot the grammar or did not study English grammar properly in the journey of learning English. It is a path way to good writing skills.

126 - 150 of 2,329 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Justine W

Dec 10, 2018

Very thorough - I recommend you watch the videos a coupleof times each, and write notes as you go along to make sure you absorb the rules. I'm more confident about grammar now.

By Rudolf S R W

Dec 10, 2018

Muy agradecido. Aprendí un montón. Thanks a lot. I've learned a lot.

By Marina N

Dec 12, 2018

It was more than amazing and beyond my expectations. This is the first time learning on Coursera and it won't be the last time..

By Chetan B

Dec 27, 2018

It was awesome learning with coursera.

All the instructor's was awesome and they explained each concepts very well.

By Honey H

Dec 28, 2018

Very good course to learn or review grammar and punctuation.

By Ricardo M

r

e

a

t

course for review. There were some things taught I'd never heard of.

By Kyrylo S

Apr 02, 2019

As alwaya, coursera provides us with the best courses. Before I had taken this course, I did't know how to properly use comas in English. I always wanted it, but I lacked neither passion nor time. Finally, I accomlished this goal. Thanks for the course!!

By Miran A O

Mar 31, 2019

I highly recommend this course for those who are beginners!

By Muhammad H H

Apr 02, 2019

great great, i don't about my grammar. But, one thing i learnt that punctuation hard stuff. Actually, it carry excellent videos and exercises.

By Kris T P C

love it

By Ling A

Apr 03, 2019

It' s very nice, we can know how sentences' structure going. Besides, we also learnt some basic grammar for better writing.

By Mohammd z a

Apr 03, 2019

it was good enough course. i have learned many thing from there. thank you so much my teacher.

By 姚娇娇

Apr 03, 2019

very useful and perfect !

By Esraa M a

Apr 05, 2019

great woooooork

By 1821528

Apr 07, 2019

Amazing Courses!

By Patricia K

Apr 08, 2019

I have learned a great deal, thank you

By seulchan k

Apr 09, 2019

I think it gives me a good start in writing a composition.

By Natália A d C

Apr 10, 2019

The best course I've ever done. I've never found such a thorough and careful approach about punctuation.

By Yulia P

Feb 18, 2019

Learnt a lot during this course. Thank you

By RAMPRASAD P S

Feb 07, 2019

By Sara A E Y

Feb 06, 2019

Excellent training course I enjoyed the time spent listening to the lessons

Much benefited

By Nageeb Y R A

Feb 07, 2019

Amazing, I like this course so much. It learns me many thing that I was confused before.I recommended this course so much

By Mariya K

Jan 13, 2019

This course lays the foundation and explain complex things in a systematic way. I learned a lot.

Jan 13, 2019

Excellent course! It helped me to improve my grammar and punctuation.