Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

KG

Dec 26, 2016

This is a very useful course even if you are very good in English . This course helps in understanding the type of sentences, proper usage of commas and perfect ways of writing attractive paragraphs.

126 - 150 of 2,505 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Arsalan J

Oct 16, 2015

I am finding this course very useful for me. Some places I lack using some correct verbs and sometimes not seeing parallel structure of the sentence, this course is helping me identifying those areas which are needed to be corrected.

By Новикова И

Jan 20, 2017

Actually, It was better than I expected. Punctuation and writing style were well explained. As a non-native speaker, I have never knew how comas should be placed. Thanks to this course, now I feel more confident with such things.

By David E

Jan 10, 2016

This course is great. The easy to follow lectures allows students to grasp the material with wasting a lot of time. In addition, students will be will be about to use their new found knowledge as soon as the videos are completed.

By Iryna K

Mar 06, 2016

I find this course quite interesting and useful!

In this course you can learn not only by video and quizzes, but also play games and do interesting tasks. The education goes in an easy way and without any difficulties!

Thank you!

By Sara T

Jul 29, 2017

First of all, let me thank you for such a great course.

I am suggesting to make an overall exam about all the content of the course; so that, we revise all the lessons and weeks before getting our certificate.

Thank you, again.

By Anokha S R

Nov 16, 2015

This course is Concise and give you what it promises you. Have lots of comprehensive exercises which are really helpful.

I highly recommend it for anyone who has a moderate to severe doubt about English Grammar and Punctuation.

By Elis B

Nov 18, 2015

The course is great to improve your writing! If you love grammar, try it and you'll be surprised with the efficient between explanations and exercises. Congratulations for the creativity for teaching grammar rules. :) Cheers.

By Hassan R R

Dec 08, 2017

For me, this course was really meaningful because I have heard and practiced the ways that have never seen or heard before. I am really thankful for explaining all the course in a very helpful manner.

By Deepa S

Jul 08, 2019

Explained in a clear manner, for me punctuation was always a tough job as I was not aware of rules of punctuation. Now understanding a lot about punctuation and more practice will help me to hone my skills on English writing

By Dong-chul, B L

Jul 06, 2018

practice에 대한 상세한 설명이 없어서 시행착오를 겪으며 테스트를 수행해야 한다는 아쉬운 부분이 있었지만, 여태까지 수강해 온 웹 강의 중에서 가장 짜임새 있었던 것같습니다. 콜론, 세미콜론, 시제, 복합문에 헷갈리는 내용이 많았는 데 교정하는 계기가 되었던 것 같습니다. 웹 강의를 들으며 존중을 받는다는 느낌이 든 것도 새로웠습니다. 수강자들과의 의견 교환 부분도 매우 인상적이었습니다. 좋은

By Descanon C

Dec 05, 2017

I learned, and reviewed, so much about punctuation! Other then parallel sentences, I didn't feel this course was heavy on the grammar, but I think I really needed to polish up my punctuation, anyway.

I recommend this course.

By Ankita M

Jun 15, 2016

I really like the way students are involved in activities through the assignments. They students are also introduced among themselves and get to review each others work which boosts confidence and also inflicts more interest

By Dalia H

Jun 04, 2016

thanks so much for this useful course i only hope to not make the final quiz with upgrade or with payment i need to see how much i achieve in this course.

waiting for new courses, and thanks for your advanced for help,

Dalia

By Benson M

Mar 24, 2016

This course covers all aspects as per description. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to polish up their basic grammar and punctuation. Special thanks to everyone who it possible. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

By Hira F

Aug 21, 2018

I am about to complete this course, and I'm very satisfied with the instructor. Every lecture is so concise and contains quality material. I would definitely suggest this course to anyone who is not good with punctuation.

By jawed

Oct 05, 2015

is excellent way of learn English . i really learn so many grammar and improve my English. i need your one advise. how i improve my reading skills. and improve my speaking quality. i hope you give me advise.

thank you .

By Shukai

Nov 17, 2015

This is a very helpful course for improving your usage of comma. Usually, comma is a very little thing which is easily to be neglect. After having this course, I have more general understanding about the usage of comma.

By Karen Q C

Nov 29, 2016

Al principio tenía mis dudas sobre el curso, pero a medida que avanzaba aprendí y repasé conceptos de gramática en Inglés que me parecieron bastante útiles, por lo que finalmente decidí apuntarme a la especialización.

By Grace W

May 17, 2016

really helped me a lot, I didn't pay attention to my teacher when I was in school, and the difference is, Chinese teachers don't really teach punctuation. I was always confused about it, and this course really helped.

By Mohamed D

Nov 27, 2019

With satisfaction and gratitude, I want to thank the Coursera platform for this great course, it was easy to understand and practice, also, I have learned some new rules never seen before, that was simplified.

thanks.

By Ivonne M

May 17, 2018

Great course! Very well organized, easy to understand and very dynamic. I enjoyed the videos because they were very clear, also the instructor has a very nice voice, which is very important to run courses online.

By Olesia A

Mar 01, 2016

The course provides essential knowledge on basic grammar and punctuation, which iteslf is sufficient for moving towards essay writing. The course is practice-oriented, so be prepared to mastering your writing skills.

By OMAR R P

Jan 04, 2016

This is an excellent course.

I want to recommend this course for everybody.

We can learn in an easy and practical way about tenses and punctuation.

Not only is important to speak well, equally we must to write well.

By Ingrid K M

Aug 18, 2019

I really loved this course! Now, I feel not only a little more pressure to write correctly, but also more confident. There were a lot of tips we do not receive in standard English courses. So, I highly recommend it.

By Neeraj r

Jul 28, 2018

This course gives a opportunity to learn and revised some valuable tricks, which is used in academics writings and other fields of society.It also gives me a confidence to write something in academics and others.