Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

OI

Jul 03, 2020

This course was very helpful. It refreshed my memories and made me go back to so many things I thought I would never remember. It helped my writing skills a lot to. A big thank you to the instructors.

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

3126 - 3150 of 3,697 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Brandon D

Many of the links in the practice modules did not work. But otherwise, the class is very informative and a great refresher.

By Gowtham R

Apr 24, 2019

Great course to learn about types of verbs, conjunctions, punctuation (commas), sentence varieties and, parallel structure.

By kawsar a s

Dec 14, 2015

Its a very helpful experience. Highly recommended to others who encounter grammatical and punctuation problem occasionally.

By Rajib A

Dec 11, 2015

Thanks a lot. I learned some solid stuffs that I mistakenly thought I'd known already. A real eye opener. Thanks a zillion.

By Adil E M

May 09, 2020

Altough I have an intermediate level in English, I have learned how to punctuate correctly sentences. Thank you very much.

By K A

Jun 21, 2020

Very helpful for students who wants write essay very efficiently and to recollect the grammar in a short time.

thank you .

By thalyta

Feb 13, 2018

I would rather have been reviewed by a teacher than my peers, and get a real feedback.

But i have learnt a lot. Thank you.

By Visahavel P

Jun 04, 2016

This is a good refresher on one's grammar and punctuation.

It's an absolute bummer that the quizzes are behind a paywall.

By Harshit

Dec 30, 2015

It is a good course for polishing skills; however, excludes usage of several other punctuations which are often confused.

By kruakan d

Nov 10, 2015

Good lesson for me! That's great! I understand about grammar and punctuation. I am improving my skill. Thank you teacher.

By Mohammed N H

Apr 07, 2020

It's a good course that help to know verb tense and how to punctuate correctly

Thank's for everyone who made this course

By Maurice E

May 02, 2017

Great starting point for grammar and punctuation. The teachers point out essential information to understand the rules.

By PRATEEK T

Jul 21, 2017

The course is a well thought one .The material can be enhanced to accommodate more rules and usages into the course.

By Soledad R

Mar 01, 2016

I really enjoy practicing with this course. It contains clear explanations and a good variety of practice exercises.

By Wayne L

Oct 15, 2015

Please add a forum so that people can share their thoughts; this kind of course requires lots of general discussion!

By Marwa N M

Aug 27, 2019

It's very interesting course in easy way

But it's better to get a pdf file containing the the material in the course

By Manosh C H

Apr 18, 2020

The course material and lectures were simple and understandable, but some practice materials do not work properly.

By Jed R B

May 03, 2019

The Course is delivered very well. Also it helps learners to easily get what the exercises and lesson it delivers.

By Miguel A A

Jan 12, 2016

At the beginning it starts a little bit slow, but later on it speeds up and it becomes interesting and educative.

By Inmaculada

Apr 06, 2020

It is a good course to improve your skills ( Grammar and Punctuation). The way that the course use is brilliant.

By Shubham S

Jan 25, 2018

Cleared the confussion for commas and semicolons.Great course for beginners who want to start exploring writing.

By Fang D

Apr 30, 2018

Basic but useful cause. I've learned something new that my Enlish teachers never mentioned back in the college.

By Ho L T

Jul 10, 2017

It's not content many information, but it's useful, especially about the comma and semicolon usage. Thank you!

By Ashmin S

May 08, 2020

I like the explanation of the chapters. However, something else could be used instead or peer-to-peer review.

By Ifeoluwa D

Aug 23, 2019

This served as a good reminder of the basics in English which are easily forgotten and overlooked. Thank you.