Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

AA

Jul 07, 2019

A very useful course, specially designed for those who either forgot the grammar or did not study English grammar properly in the journey of learning English. It is a path way to good writing skills.

R

Oct 09, 2017

Hi, Learn the basic of the English grammar and the rules on writing, which so important to writing. Enjoyed and learn so much that will help overcome fear writing.\n\nThank You, Again\n\nRobert Perea

26 - 50 of 2,195 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Enoch C

Jan 21, 2019

Easy to learn!

By Chu H T

Feb 05, 2019

This course is useful; it has helped me to learn more about how to write effectively in terms of grammar and punctuation.

By Hasan A A

Jan 22, 2019

Amazing course

By reem a a y

Dec 31, 2018

This course is very useful for reviewing basic rules ... I benefited a lot ... Thank you

By Arman R

Dec 31, 2018

It has been really helping me with my writing abilities

By Ahmed M H

Jan 03, 2019

It is absolutely exceptional. I have learn a lot and I would recommend anyone who is interested improving his English skills.

By Phacharaphol S

Jan 02, 2019

Awesome!

By Mhd H O

Jan 02, 2019

Thanks

By Dasom K

Jan 03, 2019

This class helped to remind about Grammar and Punctuation to me.

This has been very helpful to me.

By Wendy-wen

Jan 04, 2019

Actually, It's difficult for me to finish even one course in Coursera because I'm lock of good quality of persistence of doing something. By the way, I am so happy and grateful for my accomplishment and insistence, and I am so proud and cherish for I could have a such opportunity to take this lessen . Thanks all of you teachers here.

By Souad m r

Jan 05, 2019

thank you so mush...

By Mais B

Jan 04, 2019

amazing course ^_^

By ximena d p z p

Jan 06, 2019

THAT COURSE WAS VERY COMPLETE AND INTERESTING. LEARNING, READING, PRONUNCIATION, AND KNOWING THE GRAMMAR.

By Widad B

Jan 05, 2019

An amazing course

thanksss

By Dimple

Jan 09, 2019

It was a great learning opportunity. I would like to attend such courses in future, also. I would like to thank coursera team and professors of this " Grammar and Punctuation" team.

By Anthony V

Jan 10, 2019

The course provided an effective review of grammar and punctuation that enabled me to move on to more writing courses

By subham k g

Jan 09, 2019

Very good course

By Wagner W B

Jan 10, 2019

This course is very practical. I recommend it to all students who want to improve their English skills.

By Richard A

Feb 20, 2019

I enjoyed this class, and learned more about proper grammar and punctuation. This course is suited for both the first time learner and someone who only needs a refresher.

By Satadru S

Feb 21, 2019

Professionally speaking, this course has expanded my knowledge.

By Sergio R

Feb 22, 2019

Un excelente curso introductorio. Lecciones cortas, pero precisas sobre la información que se desea dar.

By Hritik K S

Feb 11, 2019

Now, I improved myself. Confidence is coming from my heart.

By Sabina A

Feb 11, 2019

A very clear step by step learning module.

By Khawla A

Feb 22, 2019

An amazing experience

By Harry

Feb 24, 2019

I love it, useful and productive course