Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

AA

Jul 07, 2019

A very useful course, specially designed for those who either forgot the grammar or did not study English grammar properly in the journey of learning English. It is a path way to good writing skills.

26 - 50 of 2,275 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Ali A

Dec 22, 2018

By Awais N

Dec 09, 2018

This course gives me cofidence and courge.

By Rudolf S R W

Dec 10, 2018

Muy agradecido. Aprendí un montón. Thanks a lot. I've learned a lot.

By Justine W

Dec 10, 2018

Very thorough - I recommend you watch the videos a coupleof times each, and write notes as you go along to make sure you absorb the rules. I'm more confident about grammar now.

By Roman P

Dec 23, 2018

Very handy guide to basic English grammar with strong focus on punctuation rules.

By Ali A

Dec 24, 2018

Great to start learning how to correctly write

By Bareq J

Dec 12, 2018

useful.

By Marina N

Dec 12, 2018

It was more than amazing and beyond my expectations. This is the first time learning on Coursera and it won't be the last time..

By Phacharaphol S

Jan 02, 2019

Awesome!

By Arman R

Dec 31, 2018

It has been really helping me with my writing abilities

By Mhd H O

Jan 02, 2019

Thanks

By reem a a y

Dec 31, 2018

This course is very useful for reviewing basic rules ... I benefited a lot ... Thank you

By Lauren S

Jan 28, 2019

I learned what I came here for. I love that it caters to all levels of learners, and I was still able to get a lot out of it. It was a great refresher to what I learned in high school.

By Norma A P R

Jan 28, 2019

súper bien explicado. lo recomiendo

By Wendy-wen

Jan 04, 2019

Actually, It's difficult for me to finish even one course in Coursera because I'm lock of good quality of persistence of doing something. By the way, I am so happy and grateful for my accomplishment and insistence, and I am so proud and cherish for I could have a such opportunity to take this lessen . Thanks all of you teachers here.

By Mais B

Jan 04, 2019

amazing course ^_^

By Ahmed M H

Jan 03, 2019

It is absolutely exceptional. I have learn a lot and I would recommend anyone who is interested improving his English skills.

By Dasom K

Jan 03, 2019

This class helped to remind about Grammar and Punctuation to me.

This has been very helpful to me.

By Uraiwan B

Jan 29, 2019

This course is very good to review English grammar.

By Octavio P

Jan 30, 2019

Very useful course.

By Elena F

Jan 30, 2019

I have a progress with my essays, thank you!

By Silva C A

Feb 03, 2019

great course!!!

Feb 01, 2019

me gusta los pop quizzes y la manera en que explican el uso de la gramatica.

By Francesca M R

Feb 03, 2019

I really enjoyed taking this course and look forward to taking more courses, like this one.

By Chu H T

Feb 05, 2019

This course is useful; it has helped me to learn more about how to write effectively in terms of grammar and punctuation.