Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

OI

Jul 03, 2020

This course was very helpful. It refreshed my memories and made me go back to so many things I thought I would never remember. It helped my writing skills a lot to. A big thank you to the instructors.

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

2101 - 2125 of 4,401 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Абдрахман Ж

Apr 23, 2020

very cool. I really liked this course

By Kurugamage L T P

Feb 05, 2020

This is very use full course. thanks.

By Aung A

Oct 14, 2019

It's a really good course. I love it.

By Bashar B

Sep 12, 2019

It's a great course and very helpful.

By Diana M M E

Mar 25, 2019

es un excelente curso, lo recomiendo.

By Hung L B

Mar 08, 2019

Great chance to review your grammar !

By anjali g

Feb 26, 2019

Best course ever on academic writing.

By Ahmed E A H

Feb 24, 2019

useful course.I highly recommend it .

By Jiarui Y

Nov 18, 2018

Very nice. The course helped me alot.

By Aman K

Jul 07, 2018

Excellent course. Highly Recommended.

By Emanuela C

Aug 24, 2017

It was very good review and practice!

By Ernesto I R

Aug 21, 2017

Very complete and easy to understand.

By abdullah

May 22, 2017

best online course I have ever tried.

By Fiorella

Feb 22, 2017

Good course; very easy to understand.

By Azzah R A

Feb 17, 2017

Take this course! Very recommended :D

By Yin L

Feb 12, 2016

improve writing knowledge and skills.

By Abhilash V

Jan 02, 2016

Helps you improve the writing skills.

By Freerunhen

Dec 22, 2015

Thank you for such an amazing course!

By William D G P

Nov 24, 2015

This course is going well until know.

By DEBOPARNA B

Sep 14, 2020

This course was very helpful for me.

By Pulkit M

Sep 07, 2020

Loved the reasoning and explanation.

By Lauren A

Sep 05, 2020

It was so helpful parts for writing.

By Varsha B

Sep 03, 2020

Very interesting and helpful course!

By Mariette F

Aug 04, 2020

Great to get to know the basic again

By Farwa N

Jul 25, 2020

Best course and Amazing instructors.