Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

AA

Jul 07, 2019

A very useful course, specially designed for those who either forgot the grammar or did not study English grammar properly in the journey of learning English. It is a path way to good writing skills.

2176 - 2200 of 2,510 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Taihwan J

Mar 21, 2020

Lectures were quite boring, but contents are helpful for good writing in my opinion.

By Moshe F

Mar 13, 2017

Clear straightforward review of basic English writing concepts.

Very well presented.

By Jose L G M

Jan 21, 2016

This course helps you improve your writing with quite clear grammatical suggestions

By ashraf M

May 12, 2016

I would like to thank the course Instructors, It is really fruitful and enjoyable.

By binibear9988

Oct 08, 2019

It is useful to gain basic knowledge about grammar, punctuation and phrase types.

By Paula R

Jan 31, 2018

its not as advanced as I thought it will be, but I still learned a lot. Thankyou!

By zhuyutao

Jul 29, 2017

In this course, you can learn how to use a comma correctly. It's easy but useful.

By Devan

Jan 15, 2017

This is a good refresher course, but you will need much more practice afterwards.

By Zakeyah

Feb 16, 2016

I like this course. It was a little hard at first, but then I got the hang of it!

By Pooja H

Feb 04, 2016

it was really helpful , wish we get report on our submission .

thank you so much .

By ithrael

Mar 10, 2018

not bad, at last I understand how to use the punctuation and grammar in my easy.

By Natasha N

Mar 25, 2016

It's a good starter course if you are looking to review Grammar and Punctuation.

By Yunlong J

Mar 02, 2016

I'VE already finished this lesson. Frankly, it's simple and easy to understand.

By Pham N T A

Jan 17, 2016

It is really great course for me to recap all English lesson. Thank you so much

By Walid E

Nov 03, 2019

This one really good for people, they want to learn how to boost their writing

By phamthuylinh

Aug 30, 2016

Thank this course for helping me know clearly how to use puntuation correctly.

By Lizeth L

Mar 21, 2016

Me gusto mucho, a pesar de ser básico da muchos tips, para empezar a escribir.

By Hamed M

Jul 08, 2017

This course is a perfect course only for learning about English Punctuation.

By Delilah L

Nov 30, 2015

I learned a lot about grammar and punctuation, and I really liked this class.

By Fiona Z

Dec 25, 2019

Good lessons for English beginners, but a little easy for all other students

By Silmara I V

Feb 08, 2016

Could have more exercises for the ones who still is saving up to pay for it.

By Julie I

Oct 14, 2015

It was a great refresher course. It was quick and to the point.

Thanks a lot.

By LEIDY D G G

Mar 18, 2019

It was really interesting, I learned new things and put them into practice.

By Alberto R H

Jan 21, 2017

It's a great course because it aids you to improve your skills in writting.

By YERRA P H

Dec 09, 2015

Good one, if you are confused where to put your commas and to learn tenses.