Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

OI

Jul 03, 2020

This course was very helpful. It refreshed my memories and made me go back to so many things I thought I would never remember. It helped my writing skills a lot to. A big thank you to the instructors.

KG

Dec 26, 2016

This is a very useful course even if you are very good in English . This course helps in understanding the type of sentences, proper usage of commas and perfect ways of writing attractive paragraphs.

2351 - 2375 of 4,623 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Samiha S

Jan 24, 2016

Helped me with my writing skills.

By Dongdong A

Jan 07, 2016

Strongly recommend for beginners!

By adda b

Dec 21, 2015

Great Course, thank you for this.

By Dongxu D

Dec 17, 2015

Concise and helpful. Great class.

By Fausto G

Nov 26, 2015

Excellent course....very usefull!

By carlos o

Nov 11, 2015

Very good and very useful course.

By Christine M

Nov 10, 2015

Easy to follow. Nicely explained.

By ALi T

Oct 05, 2015

Great Course for English writing.

By Omz E

Oct 15, 2020

It is a very recommended course!

By Sajid A

Sep 26, 2020

Loved this course. More to come.

By Shekha

Sep 06, 2020

I'm very satisfied. I am agree.

By Rakhi M

Sep 06, 2020

By Patricia T H M

Aug 19, 2020

me gusta este curso aprende uno.

By VANESSA O I

Aug 02, 2020

Excelente curso, muchas gracias.

By Pisey V

Jul 29, 2020

The course is so perfect! Thanks

By Johan L N

Jul 24, 2020

Very helpful for English writing

By maria g r

Jun 20, 2020

I could not use Firefox browser.

By Ashish S

Jun 18, 2020

It was great experience together

By Rajasree P H N

Jun 09, 2020

This is a verz good basic course

By KARTHICK L S

Jun 06, 2020

I got knowledge from this course

By Tahiyatul A

Very helpful and impotent course

By Yun-Hsiu L

The course is helpful and basic.

By Arpita T

It helped me a lot and loved it.

By Raquel H

Apr 26, 2020

It was a great refresher course!

By tella t k

Apr 26, 2020

It is your good for all people's