Back to Ideas from the History of Graphic Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Ideas from the History of Graphic Design by California Institute of the Arts

This condensed survey course focuses on four key periods or themes from the history of design. Together we’ll trace the emergence of design as a recognized practice, why things look the way they do, and how designers approached specific design problems in their work. Each week, a short quiz will test your knowledge of concepts, and a short reflective assignment will give you the opportunity to analyze the questions designers ask themselves today. This is an essential course for emerging designers entering the field, or for students interested in learning more about visual culture and analysis. No previous experience is required....

PD

Nov 27, 2016

Its been a great course, many info and points that are fantastic in the learning or adding new knowledge always. I will always recommend this course for those who want to know more and learn design.

Apr 07, 2018

Fantastic Course! It helps you build a deep insight into the evolution of graphic design and also as a process of the assignments helps you understand local graphic practices and subculture!

151 - 175 of 217 Reviews for Ideas from the History of Graphic Design

By Tudor C G

Apr 17, 2019

Useful information and a guide to further reading

By 瞿睿

Apr 01, 2019

I really think the materials are well organized. For beginners like me, it offers so much inspiration. Good course!

By LU F

Apr 02, 2019

Great information.

By Eularia S

May 21, 2019

Amazing course.

By Iskra D

May 21, 2019

The course gives good basics on the design development throughout the years.

By Guthrie A

May 13, 2019

Great course!

By Christopher J

May 27, 2019

the whole course is great. i learned i didn't know much about graphic design. and i know now i need to continue to practice.

By Maya R

May 20, 2019

Very nice overview over the history of graphic design!

By Aleksandar J

Jun 10, 2019

Completely satisfied with this course. I learned a lot about history of graphic design and its influence in modern graphic design. Would recommend this course to anybody!

By Tatiana M

Jun 16, 2019

A very informative course with plenty of great examples.

By Oleksandra S

Jun 21, 2019

Very good course!

By Doaa M M

Aug 03, 2019

جيد جدا

By Konstantinos A

Aug 08, 2019

one of the most interesting courses I have ever took part!!

By Alexandra K M

Mar 06, 2019

I't was good

By Joly F Z

Aug 08, 2018

It gives a quick overview of key milestones in graphic design history through examples. It is very enjoyable and I have learnt to analyse the design thinking behind different work and appreciate design more.

By Tereza K

Aug 13, 2018

I've learned a lot thanks to this course. It is a great part of whole specialization because of the brief introduction to the history. It is very clearly described and inspiring. Actually I would appreciate to continue with my education about history :) So I can just recommend this course.

By Teri L

Jul 21, 2018

A really nice set of lessons to teach you about what brought about graphic design in the first place. Peer-reviewed assignments and quizzes make sure you're understanding every part (especially the most essential). Really enjoyed it!

By Joy S

Oct 01, 2018

I am not into art. Nevertheless, this class and the others in this specialty were surprisingly interesting.

By 当英直

Oct 24, 2016

Clear pattern of graphic design history!

By Olena

Jun 29, 2017

The course is informative and develops analysis skills.

By Clara

Jul 27, 2016

it gives a good understanding of graphic design evolution from post second WW to contemporary time. Very focused on American design.

By Lauren M

Jul 18, 2017

I didn't feel like I learned much from this course that I didn't learn in the intro course. I understand there are a lot of way to make and display images, but I didn't think the assignments were that helpful.

By Elizabeth O

Dec 18, 2017

Interesting and informative. More historic and research based than creating and doing. The professeur's lectures were bit fragmented and scattered at times which made it more difficult to follow, but great information overall.

By MARISOL P V

Oct 04, 2017

Great!

By E. C C

Apr 06, 2017

Solid, if minimal introduction to some points from the History of Graphic Design.