Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape our urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course explores sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy in Europe and around the world. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. We connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We examine how visions, experiments and innovations can transform urban areas. And we look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). This course was launched in January 2016, and it was updated in September 2021 with new podcasts, films and publications. The course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF and ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability who work with creating sustainable cities. The course features researchers, practitioners and entrepreneurs from a range organisations....

SV
Sep 28, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB
Mar 14, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

151 - 175 of 704 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

By Jack M

Mar 30, 2021

A very well organized course with time flexibility.

The information on Greening the economy ;sustainable cities is unsumountable in value.

Greatly appreciate!

By Sophie

Dec 16, 2019

Great course, with interesting content and engaging peer review assignments that shows the diversity of actions taking place in sustainable city development.

By febriani r

Dec 11, 2017

The course can ignite our sense of how we can implement sustainability to our life esp. in a large scale like urban. A short course but a thorough overview.

By Juliette C

Nov 30, 2017

Fascinating course ! This course provide you a great range of specific vocabulary, figures and actions that are already taken around the world. Thanks a lot!

By REETA K

Jun 18, 2019

Beautifully designed course to give an insight into new urban infrastructure planning to help in the decarbonization of cities to achieve the climate goal

By Franc G

Sep 6, 2020

Interesante curso y muy compacto, se muestran los avances y posibilidades de la sociedad y las ciudades, de aportar a la lucha contra el cambio climático.

By Pablo Z A

May 20, 2018

This course is a really good introduction to the topic and a good way to make conscience about the importance to do something today about the environment.

By Mladen R

Dec 15, 2018

This course contains relevant information for those that are new but also familiar with the subject. I would recommend it to wide spectre of professions.

By Kevin L

Aug 23, 2020

It's fun course. It gives me new insight and knowledge about urban planning. Thank Proffesors for spending your time to make this course. Great job all.

By Daniel V D

Mar 27, 2018

Fue una gran experiencia conocer los avances en materia de sostenibilidad de otras ciudades del mundo y motiva replicar muchas iniciativas a nivel local

By Wee M L

Sep 5, 2020

A very inspirational course that gave ideas to contribute more meaningful ideas that might help drive the sustainability in urban planning in Malaysia.

By Annie F K

Mar 25, 2018

Inspiring course which offers great knowledge on the many ways sustainable development is applied - and can be applied - to city management and design.

By SIMON Y M

May 26, 2016

Thank you for this program.

The course was very interesting as it offered me the opportunity to learn new things.

My horizon has increased tremendously.

By Johana V

Feb 4, 2021

I am very satisfied with the course. It has helped me to strengthen my knowledge about sustainable cities, very important for my university career.

By Merleides d R O M

Jun 7, 2020

Las lecturas son muy interesantes, además, te muestran lo que las demás ciudades estan haciendo para trabajar en la sostenibilidad. Muy interesante

By Narendra N

Nov 22, 2019

Excellent course, very well structured and easily explained, an essential for all of those are involved in making the cities green and sustainable.

By Rogelio A P E

Sep 10, 2019

I liked a lot. Congratulations to all team members of Lund University. The quality of the videos was great and the lectures were very interesting.

By Luke R

Jun 14, 2021

Gives great discussion on the current challenges we face and provides useful resources that can help us implement what we learn in the real world

By Atul B T

Mar 30, 2020

I recommend it. Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities will be a good choice for energy engineers for understanding sustainability more deeply

By Mustafa A

Jun 25, 2021

it's So much Excellent I Learn huge knowledge from this Pit's So much Excellent I Learn huge knowledge from this Platform, Thankslatform, Thanks

By Shashini I Y

Nov 13, 2020

Really interesting course. I thank all the professors and Lund University. I learned many Green solutions and how to develop sustainable cities.

By Rinzing S

Sep 13, 2020

This course has provided me a great platform to learn about sustainability, while providing great study materials and case studies to refer to.

By John R

Sep 4, 2020

Gave me a new insight on need of enabling sustainability within our cities. Cities are the main focus because most urban dwellers reside here.

By Garnelo J A C

Sep 1, 2020

It is indeed a wonderful experience to learn so much about how to create sustainable cities from brilliant professors and international peers.

By Sanchit B

I learnt that the world will be in great crisis if the steps are not taken today. I am shocked and kind of worried about the future generation