Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course will explore sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. Sustainable urban transformation refers to structural transformation processes – multi-dimensional and radical change – that can effectively direct urban development towards ambitious sustainability and climate goals. We will connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We will examine visions, experiments and innovations in urban areas. We will look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). We bring together a collection of diverse short films and key short readings on sustainable cities as well as interactive forums and a practical assignment to create an online learning community. This course provides key examples of activities to promote sustainable cities in Scandinavia, Europe and around the world. We utilize films and reports by WWF, the Economist Intelligence Unit, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability, UN-Habitat, C40 Climate Leadership Group, Arup, Sustainia, the Rockefeller Foundation, and ongoing research projects. This course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF and ICLEI. It is available for free to everyone, everywhere! The International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics (IIIEE) at Lund University is an international centre of excellence on sustainable solutions. The IIIEE is ideally suited to understand and explain the interdisciplinary issues in sustainable cities and greening the economy utilising the diverse disciplinary backgrounds of its international staff. The IIIEE has been researching and teaching on sustainable solutions since the 1990s and it has extensive international networks connecting with a variety of organizations....

SV

Sep 29, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB

Mar 15, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

176 - 200 of 614 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

By Virgina R

Sep 22, 2019

This was a great basic course, with lots of ideas and positive examples of how cities are trying to address the climate crisis.

By Arina S

Dec 12, 2016

It's my firt online course and I can say it's perfect and useful! I realised what I can do for my little town! Thank you a lot!

By Kushal D

This course helped me understand the importance of sustainability and gave me a wider importance of sustained world around us.

By Sofia G

Dec 11, 2016

Excellent course , interesting material, excellent academic staff.Thanks to everyone for this unique academic experience.!!!!

By Ramisha A

Sep 19, 2019

It is an interesting course with lots of tasks that help you think about particular problems and broadens your perspectives.

By Cristina B

Sep 06, 2019

This was a very engaging, interesting and enriching course. The readings and videos were almost always a delight, well done!

By Judith V

Aug 16, 2018

Exceptionally well organized and presented by experts in the field from around the world. Best Coursera class I have taken!

By Irene C

Mar 02, 2017

Fantastic course, very dynamic and engaging. It teaches very important concepts embedding very interesting examples. Thanks!

By Joel M

Oct 15, 2020

A few of the quiz questions were very obscure and were difficult to determine even after extensive hunting in the material.

By Corey A

Mar 21, 2018

really fun and educational. easy to learn and follow. inspiring to make you want to do more and learn more about the future

By Camille T M

Jan 12, 2020

Very good test of concepts. Somewhat rudimentary for someone with 3 masters degrees, however, I still got a lot out of it.

By Md A A S S

Aug 17, 2019

This course helped me to understand importance of sustainability, process to make a city and it's environment sustainable.

By Nicholas M

Apr 30, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and I am now giving consideration to making a career change towards sustainable development.

By Maria A C E

Mar 29, 2016

It is a great course, I can explore more about different topics that are very important and relevant in the cities today.

By Fernanda M V

Nov 04, 2019

Excellent course. I learned from several aspects about the sustainability of cities, from review of cases to ideologies.

By Vrishaali V

Aug 23, 2020

Excellent course. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Thanks for providing us the knowledge of green roof and green water lagoons.

By Pulkit H

May 14, 2020

Probably one of the best courses if you want to learn and know about urban energy, and sustainability in Urban context.

By Aguadze S

May 24, 2016

This course opened me up to a new way of looking at our world... that earth belongs to us and we need to keep her safe.

By Jennifer A P P

Oct 10, 2019

This Course is very helpful to understand how sustainability is a must that every govern should develop and encourage.

By Drishti j a

Feb 18, 2019

It was an amazing experience to learn this course. It helped me alot. i really want to thank coursera for this course.

By Moturu N S

Aug 27, 2020

Good Informative course that teaches you about a lot of sustainable techniques that are being used around the globe.

By Subramanian P

Mar 07, 2018

This course was very useful for country like india, this course was very interesting and useful for current sinerio.

By JAYARAM M

May 23, 2020

Very useful course for our future sustainability. Very much needed in the present scenario. Thank you for the team.

By Alfonso B P

Jul 30, 2019

My first experience on e-learning and I am really pleased with the course and the quality in contents and teachers.

By Muhammad U A

Dec 09, 2018

A very excellent, easy to navigate course with teaching methodology easy to grasp and concepts easy to understand.