Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape our urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course explores sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy in Europe and around the world. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. We connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We examine how visions, experiments and innovations can transform urban areas. And we look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). This course was launched in January 2016, and it will be updated in September 2021 with new podcasts, films and publications. The course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF and ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability who work with creating sustainable cities. The course features researchers, practitioners and entrepreneurs from a range organisations....

SV
Sep 28, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB
Mar 14, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

176 - 200 of 693 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

By Muhammad I S

Jul 4, 2019

this course help me to increase my knowledge, particulary in Sustainable Cities area. I Hope I can enroll others course in any specific theme.

By Dr. P k

May 31, 2018

It is a very interesting course. the course material is though provoking about planning and policies required to make our cities sustainable.

By Khanya N

Sep 15, 2017

Very informative course as it made me aware how other cities worldwide especially in the Nordic countries are doing in greening their cities.

By Tinuade P

Jul 12, 2019

Very informative knowledge sharing from the lectures and great examples of cities that are on the forefront of sustainability and resiliency

By Rodolfo P A

Jun 27, 2021

Thank you! Very inspiring course! Look forward to working with you in the near future to help my city join the Sustainable Cities movement.

By Pablo E M H

Aug 18, 2020

Fantastic course, highly recommended. Contents were outstanding, and the project was a really good activity to put everything into practice

By Olamilekan O

Aug 15, 2020

From start to finish, This course was Awesome. the videos were so easy to understand and the teachers were topnotch. I highly recommend it.

By Janae M

Sep 24, 2019

Enjoyable course, illuminating material, it has given me hope as well as a personal projection of where to take my own business. Thank you!

By Arslan H

Aug 10, 2016

very impressive ..tons of things to learn in this course. this course has created a lust in me to lean more and more about my surroundings.

By Donna D

Nov 29, 2020

I enjoyed this class, especially the opportunity to write an essay and evaluate my peer's essays. I wish there had been at least two more!

By Yogesh A

Dec 4, 2017

A great experience, got to know that world has so many cities adopting a very unique style in dealing with the sustainability of the city.

By Mónica V

Feb 6, 2018

All the information was very clear, interesting and useful, the practical examples in each week were very enlightening and inspirational.

By Sakshi G

Oct 13, 2017

Highly informative course where now I am motivated to work my best towards the issues at hand in my city and work towards sustainability.

By Gourpada D

Enjoyed a lot; Thanks everyone who were involved in course design,development and presentation. Learning is always fun...happy learning!

By Manish c v

Jul 3, 2020

vey well explained and communicated but please updates the information. some of the information provided is pertaining to 2015 and 2016

By Kylie P

Jan 30, 2018

This class is fantastic! I've learned an incredible amount and I feel that the information is relevant and up to date. Very happy with

By Lachlan A

Oct 7, 2020

The course contained a fantastic array of free resources and supported the learner diligently through the knowledge building process.

By Paola A

May 1, 2016

This course is a great oportunity for learning key concepts about our role in real transformation of cities for sustainability. :) <3

By Vipin W

May 31, 2021

A​ very interesting course. Very clear approach and methodology followed. Any one interested in sustainability will love the course.

By Dr A A

Dec 3, 2016

Excellent to improve my understanding about city and its infrastructure ! Really recommending to all who has interest on this topic.

By Eyuel S

Jun 17, 2021

i have had the best journey with Coursera. thank you for your support for the teachers. the videos are brief and good. Thank You!!!

By Ketaki N

May 16, 2021

I really like the format of this course. Good start for understanding the on-going projects related to Sustainability in the world.

By Emiliano P T

Aug 18, 2020

It's a excelente course, thanks for sharing all the knowledge of great countries that procure to reach their vision of the future

By Ujjwal T

Nov 26, 2020

It was such a good course and obviously not an easy one. although it helped me a lot to learn about some good thing in this feild

By Saquib A

Apr 8, 2020

This is an amazing course. It provide a real time issues with their solutions. A very useful for Civil Engineers and Architects.