Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course will explore sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. Sustainable urban transformation refers to structural transformation processes – multi-dimensional and radical change – that can effectively direct urban development towards ambitious sustainability and climate goals. We will connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We will examine visions, experiments and innovations in urban areas. We will look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). We bring together a collection of diverse short films and key short readings on sustainable cities as well as interactive forums and a practical assignment to create an online learning community. This course provides key examples of activities to promote sustainable cities in Scandinavia, Europe and around the world. We utilize films and reports by WWF, the Economist Intelligence Unit, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability, UN-Habitat, C40 Climate Leadership Group, Arup, Sustainia, the Rockefeller Foundation, and ongoing research projects. This course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF and ICLEI. It is available for free to everyone, everywhere! The International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics (IIIEE) at Lund University is an international centre of excellence on sustainable solutions. The IIIEE is ideally suited to understand and explain the interdisciplinary issues in sustainable cities and greening the economy utilising the diverse disciplinary backgrounds of its international staff. The IIIEE has been researching and teaching on sustainable solutions since the 1990s and it has extensive international networks connecting with a variety of organizations....

SV
Sep 28, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB
Mar 14, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

226 - 250 of 627 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

By GAURAV A K

Jan 29, 2019

Excellent course for the ambitious ones out there who are really concerned about their future generation.

By Paulo J G d O

Dec 10, 2018

Great course, content and structure.

I have learned a lot and got lots of great resources.

Recommend it, 5*

By Consolacion L

Apr 29, 2017

The course is very interesting and educational especially for someone from the developing world like me.

By Maja L

Nov 19, 2020

Very interesting, I learned a lot about current initiatives to tackle climate change in the urban area.

By Zuwairat A

Jul 10, 2020

Great course and great insight of how far countries have gone in terms of emission reduction strategies

By Karolina M

Nov 18, 2019

Great course. It opened my eye to the importance of cities and suggested various sustainable solutions.

By Fernan N A

Apr 17, 2017

Highly informative and inspiring especially to those who work directly in the CIty Planning Department.

By Christopher S

Feb 18, 2016

Great course for anyone interested in how to make cities a more sustainable and pleasant place to live.

By Matsiuk V

Apr 30, 2020

Я благодарю всех, кто был во главе создания этого курса. Он очень мне помог и многому научил. СПАСИБО!

By Dr V K G

Oct 2, 2016

Really very well designed course for professionals working in the field of Infrastructure development.

By Muthanna K C

Apr 11, 2020

GOOD LEARNING AND VERY EDUCATIONAL. THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE COURSE WAS THE DELIVERY. 2 WEEKS WELL SPENT.

By Denise A

Oct 4, 2016

Such a good class! The experts are excellent and there are free video's and reading links. Thank you!

By Edson E M

Jan 24, 2016

Excelente información, el material es didáctico y la explicación de los temas es detallada y puntual.

By Jain A

Jun 7, 2020

I have learned so many new things about making our cities sustainable and getting profit through it.

By Ibrahim A S

Sep 6, 2020

A distinguished and valuable course supported by the experiences of countries in sustainable cities

By AKSHIT K

May 5, 2020

I learned a new perception and idea of Urban Planning, Policy Making and Sustainable Green Economy.

By Anastasia

Sep 7, 2018

I truly enjoyed the lectures, they are highly informative and well structured. It was never boring.

By NEHA T

Apr 26, 2020

Good course for the beginners to understand the basics of nature based solutions for urban cities.

By Jennifer Q

Jun 8, 2020

I loved this course. Super informational and fun. It wasn't too hard but it made you think a lot.

By uddeshya p

Mar 14, 2020

THIS COURSE WAS OUTSTANDING AND I WAS ABLE ABLE TO LEARN ABOUT NATURE AND WISE USE OF RESOURCES.

By 郭逸飞

Mar 4, 2018

The course is interesting, attractive, and I'll continue to carry out similar studies in future.

By Albert R

Jul 26, 2019

It's a excellent course to understand the importance of urban planning in greening the economy.

By Tatiana R R

Aug 11, 2016

Is very complete, and we change the view and understand that we can help to change our country.

By Natali P A P

Nov 24, 2020

Excelente curso que te muestra las ciudades como eje para la lucha contra el cambio climático.

By Aisha O A

May 24, 2019

5 stars! one star for each week. Informative, well presented, simple to understand. Thank you.