Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape our urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course explores sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy in Europe and around the world. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. We connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We examine how visions, experiments and innovations can transform urban areas. And we look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). This course was launched in January 2016, and it was updated in September 2021 with new podcasts, films and publications. The course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF and ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability who work with creating sustainable cities. The course features researchers, practitioners and entrepreneurs from a range organisations....

SV

Sep 28, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB

Mar 14, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

226 - 250 of 736 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

By Camille T M

Jan 12, 2020

Very good test of concepts. Somewhat rudimentary for someone with 3 masters degrees, however, I still got a lot out of it.

By Shoud S

Aug 17, 2019

This course helped me to understand importance of sustainability, process to make a city and it's environment sustainable.

By Nicholas M

Apr 30, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and I am now giving consideration to making a career change towards sustainable development.

By Maria A C E

Mar 29, 2016

It is a great course, I can explore more about different topics that are very important and relevant in the cities today.

By Fernanda M V

Nov 4, 2019

Excellent course. I learned from several aspects about the sustainability of cities, from review of cases to ideologies.

By VRISHAALI V

Aug 23, 2020

Excellent course. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Thanks for providing us the knowledge of green roof and green water lagoons.

By Pulkit H

May 14, 2020

Probably one of the best courses if you want to learn and know about urban energy, and sustainability in Urban context.

By Aguadze S

May 24, 2016

This course opened me up to a new way of looking at our world... that earth belongs to us and we need to keep her safe.

By Jennifer A P P

Oct 9, 2019

This Course is very helpful to understand how sustainability is a must that every govern should develop and encourage.

By Drishti A

Feb 18, 2019

It was an amazing experience to learn this course. It helped me alot. i really want to thank coursera for this course.

By Farbod G R

Nov 28, 2021

I think I have chosen one of my best titles in the path of sustainability.

By Heidi B

May 10, 2022

This course is an excellent and friendly introduction to smart cities and climate change initiatives seen in cities.

By Moturu N S

Aug 27, 2020

Good Informative course that teaches you about a lot of sustainable techniques that are being used around the globe.

By Subramanian P

Mar 7, 2018

This course was very useful for country like india, this course was very interesting and useful for current sinerio.

By Srinath D

Sep 12, 2021

Great Course. I would say it was very insightful. I would recommend it to anyone doing environmental archictecture.

By JAYARAM M

May 23, 2020

Very useful course for our future sustainability. Very much needed in the present scenario. Thank you for the team.

By Alfonso B P

Jul 30, 2019

My first experience on e-learning and I am really pleased with the course and the quality in contents and teachers.

By Muhammad U A

Dec 9, 2018

A very excellent, easy to navigate course with teaching methodology easy to grasp and concepts easy to understand.

By Chisca D

Mar 18, 2021

I learned a lot about green environment from this course. I really hope to put all I learned in practice one day.

By Paula C A

Sep 2, 2020

The course gives a very good introduction to sustainable city strategies both for government and private entities

By Logan K

Sep 6, 2020

Very engaging and insightful. Thank you to all the professors and people involved in making such a great course!

By Emilio N S

May 3, 2020

Very useful and intersting if you want to make a change in our planet and also if you want to learn how to do it

By Muhammad A K

Jun 5, 2021

Great course, expands one's vision relative to the development of sustainable cities, and the need of doing so!

By Кулаченкова Т В

Feb 12, 2019

Thank you for all this knowlage, all examples, articles and videoes. It was so much interesting and inspiring!!

By Riikka H

Sep 8, 2017

Very interesting course. It is wonderful to learn about all the projects going on around the world. I recommend