Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape our urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course explores sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. Sustainable urban transformation refers to structural transformation processes – multi-dimensional and radical change – that can effectively direct urban development towards ambitious sustainability and climate goals. We connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We examine visions, experiments and innovations in urban areas. And we look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). This course provides key examples of activities to promote sustainable cities in Scandinavia, Europe and around the world. We bring together a collection of diverse short films and key short readings on sustainable cities as well as interactive forums and a practical assignment to create an online learning community. This course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF Cities and ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability. It is available for free to everyone, everywhere!...

SV
Sep 28, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB
Mar 14, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

226 - 250 of 661 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

By Frederike M

May 5, 2017

I think this course was very interesting. It lets me see my city and the surroundings from a new perspective

By ADITI C

Sep 25, 2020

Really very knowledgeable course about sustainable green cities, students should definitely enroll this...

By Lorena P

Feb 15, 2018

This course has excellent material. The videos and readings, included extra readings, are very interesting.

By Pâmela S B

Apr 11, 2017

Really good. Very informative, I study architecture and it was an amazing opportunity do improve my skills.

By karthik G

Feb 1, 2021

It was Beautiful journey for me I loved it.

I thank the entire IIIEE MOOC Team

Big hug to Lund University.

By Catherine R

Aug 13, 2020

I loved this course. The materials were engaging and stimulating, as well as clear and concise. Thank you!

By Sophia L

Feb 13, 2021

I learn to understand how to think in order to build a sustainable city through the concept of smart city

By Iqramul A

May 14, 2020

I think this course was quite hardy to be given the examples and relating aspects with another countries.

By Josaia U

May 11, 2019

This course opens up our mind to realize reality and how we can work coorperatively to curve our actions.

By GAURAV A K

Jan 29, 2019

Excellent course for the ambitious ones out there who are really concerned about their future generation.

By Paulo J G d O

Dec 10, 2018

Great course, content and structure.

I have learned a lot and got lots of great resources.

Recommend it, 5*

By Consolacion L

Apr 29, 2017

The course is very interesting and educational especially for someone from the developing world like me.

By Maja L

Nov 19, 2020

Very interesting, I learned a lot about current initiatives to tackle climate change in the urban area.

By Zuwairat A

Jul 10, 2020

Great course and great insight of how far countries have gone in terms of emission reduction strategies

By Karolina M

Nov 18, 2019

Great course. It opened my eye to the importance of cities and suggested various sustainable solutions.

By Fernan N A

Apr 17, 2017

Highly informative and inspiring especially to those who work directly in the CIty Planning Department.

By Christopher S

Feb 18, 2016

Great course for anyone interested in how to make cities a more sustainable and pleasant place to live.

By Matsiuk V

Apr 30, 2020

Я благодарю всех, кто был во главе создания этого курса. Он очень мне помог и многому научил. СПАСИБО!

By Dr V K G

Oct 2, 2016

Really very well designed course for professionals working in the field of Infrastructure development.

By Hung N

Feb 23, 2021

Great course. Have related video and cases in the real life in this course. Help me a lot in my work.

By Muthanna K C

Apr 11, 2020

GOOD LEARNING AND VERY EDUCATIONAL. THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE COURSE WAS THE DELIVERY. 2 WEEKS WELL SPENT.

By Denise A

Oct 4, 2016

Such a good class! The experts are excellent and there are free video's and reading links. Thank you!

By Edson E M

Jan 24, 2016

Excelente información, el material es didáctico y la explicación de los temas es detallada y puntual.

By Aaryan J

Jun 7, 2020

I have learned so many new things about making our cities sustainable and getting profit through it.

By Ibrahim A S

Sep 6, 2020

A distinguished and valuable course supported by the experiences of countries in sustainable cities