Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape our urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course explores sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy in Europe and around the world. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. We connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We examine how visions, experiments and innovations can transform urban areas. And we look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). This course was launched in January 2016, and it was updated in September 2021 with new podcasts, films and publications. The course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF and ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability who work with creating sustainable cities. The course features researchers, practitioners and entrepreneurs from a range organisations....

SV
Sep 28, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB
Mar 14, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

76 - 100 of 710 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

By Surya T N

Apr 18, 2020

I'm so glad in completing this course, as it enlighten the knowledge on sustainability, urban infrastructure, energy conservation schemes and also ways to reduce carbon foot print. This course provides a pathway for the 'change' in the cities heading to sustainable development.

By Mohit J

Jun 5, 2020

This course explained sustainability and urban planning not just by theory but by using case studies and examples. This made it easier to understand and showed that these practices are already being followed in some cities so why can't they be done in the rest of the world.

By Onu

Jun 5, 2020

The course content were precise, very relatable and made me see how several cities around the world were developing towards green sustainability. furthermore, i learnt of urban living labs and how they can be useful models in deciding how we shape sustainable societies.

By Sebastian S

Mar 28, 2016

Great course, and great lectures! I would make the quizzes and coursework more rigorous for those who'd like to learn a bit more and be challenged. From this course, I'm interested in pursuing an online Master's degree sometime in the near future! Thank you. - Sebastian

By Michelogiannaki P

Mar 2, 2017

Ιt was a very interesting course.You will learn many things in an accesible way ,especially through videos.It is not necessary to have much knowledge on this subject ,to create a general point of view for sustainable cities and to become more sensitive on this matter.

By Pirovich N M

This was a great experience! I thank the whole team for their work that has been done well! In this course I've learnt what unfortunately I didn't get in my university but I strongly needed this knowledge to understand what the next step I need to do to reach my goal.

By Львова М Н

Oct 9, 2020

Great course in order to understand the key aspects of green economy and sustainable urban development. The course also includes the experience of cities around the world that makes it not theoretical but a practical one. Thanks the Lund university for this work!

By Christian G

May 30, 2017

Excellent course! I highly recommend this course to anyone who is interested in a sustainable future. The transition from polluting to clean energy will be won or lost in the cities. Not in the mega cities but in the smaller ones. The course is very inspiring!

By Niyati C

Sep 9, 2016

Exceptionally good. For those who wish to know the base of sustainable cities and how to make them reality in the future, this is the best course to lookout for.

Good supplementary reading material and good presentations on on-going research in this field.

By Ulrike S

Sep 4, 2017

This was an interesting course with an excellent blend of videos, excersices and peer reviews. Not being in the energy sector, I learned a lot about greening the economy, and the course definitely raised my knowledge and the desire to learn more about

By Leiriane P R

Oct 22, 2017

Now, I can say that I can really think “out of the box”, as I have heard from many recognized and knowleadgeable professors and professionals from all over the world while attending to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities. Thank you very much.

By Christiane D

Apr 28, 2017

This was a wonderful, inspirational and exciting course! I learned a lot and am keen on learning more and maybe get involved further in one of the many initiatives that were presented. I am genuinely amazed, happy and motivated by this course.

By Juan D P E

Oct 7, 2019

I like the detailed explanations inside this course. It gives you a comprehensive picture on how to make improvements towards sustainability and also it shows you the key areas where to make this improvements. I highly recommend this course.

By Rodolfo P M

Dec 17, 2017

I recommend this course to everyone. EVERYONE. As long as you are a person interest to know more about sustainability and how we (each individual) can do something, it's the right course for you. Thanks a lot to Coursera and Lund University.

By Zebun N A

Oct 4, 2020

I found the course to be focused and interesting. It is good general knowledge for today's World and needs to be common knowledge so that we can have a sustainable future by finding ways in which we can apply the knowledge in our own cites.

By Sirish M

May 24, 2018

This course has driven me to take up Urban Studies for my professional future and has also taught me that there's no going forward without educating ourselves about Sustainability development and most importantly, it's implementation.

By Diego C

Sep 3, 2020

Very informative course! The reading materials and videos were really good planned. With this course, I got a deep understanding of the new trends in urban sustainability and the new strategies taking place to reach the goals by 2030

By Anastasiia S

Mar 14, 2018

I am really enjoying this course! It is carefully designed, very informative, and introduces you to many great professionals in the field of urban sustainability - academics, urban researchers, bloggers, etc.. I highly recommend it!

By Faturachman F

Nov 17, 2016

A very enlightening course. Many cities Government in Indonesia is starting develop their cities with adopting smart sustainable cities and ICT. They realize without that we will loss competitiveness, resilience, and inclusiveness.

By Joseph J M B

Apr 25, 2020

It was a great learning experience..Thank you for all the facilitator for this coarse and to all the cities & people for all their initiatives to provide a better future. Please continue for all your efforts and good luck.....

By Okediji I O

Sep 29, 2020

Am very happy to take this course because it has given me the courage to make a difference and a great impart in my community and nation.

Thanks to the organizers of this course. I think we can all shape the green world.

By Ovie A

Sep 30, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I learned a lot and i hope to build upon the knowledge i acquired here. I wanna thank the organizers of this course for putting in the energy and effort necessary to make this a reality.

By Carlos O

Mar 17, 2016

Very interesting and thank you for clearly organizing and the topics in which sustainable cities is being studied. Very helpful indeed specially in places where the topic is still not particularly in the policy agenda .

By Dita S

May 4, 2020

great course, I can find new sights about sustainable cities and it's examples and all the moves. It is inspiring enough for me to do next. Thank you so much Lund University and Coursera to provide this course for us.

By Blake S

Jun 10, 2019

Great material and assignments. The course was successful in providing a comprehensive overview of green transformation and made a compelling argument regarding urban focused sustainability and resilience investment.