Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course will explore sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. Sustainable urban transformation refers to structural transformation processes – multi-dimensional and radical change – that can effectively direct urban development towards ambitious sustainability and climate goals. We will connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We will examine visions, experiments and innovations in urban areas. We will look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). We bring together a collection of diverse short films and key short readings on sustainable cities as well as interactive forums and a practical assignment to create an online learning community. This course provides key examples of activities to promote sustainable cities in Scandinavia, Europe and around the world. We utilize films and reports by WWF, the Economist Intelligence Unit, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability, UN-Habitat, C40 Climate Leadership Group, Arup, Sustainia, the Rockefeller Foundation, and ongoing research projects. This course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF and ICLEI. It is available for free to everyone, everywhere! The International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics (IIIEE) at Lund University is an international centre of excellence on sustainable solutions. The IIIEE is ideally suited to understand and explain the interdisciplinary issues in sustainable cities and greening the economy utilising the diverse disciplinary backgrounds of its international staff. The IIIEE has been researching and teaching on sustainable solutions since the 1990s and it has extensive international networks connecting with a variety of organizations....

SV

Sep 29, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB

Mar 15, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

76 - 100 of 471 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

By POULOMY B

Sep 12, 2019

Very simple way of knowledge dissemination using the aid of good audio-visual tools. Easy and convenient to learn. Good examples have been cited in the videos that would urge one to learn more about them.

By Todor K

May 28, 2016

The course is informative and interesting. It poses and discusses the major challenges that are present in front of our cities and world, in general. Highly recommended for urban planners and designers!

By Sankar V

Sep 29, 2019

By Maciej B

Mar 15, 2019

By Alejandro N C

May 06, 2020

Great content, tools and tasks to create awareness of what should become of cities around the globe and what measures should be worked upon to achieve sustainability goals in the upcoming decades

By Gitanjali V

Apr 29, 2020

The course was truly amazing!!!. It had such a broad explanation about how cities can impact climate change and the potential actions that can be applied to reduce the effects of climate change.

By Jean B

May 18, 2017

I'm very happy I took this course! It taught me many aspects of sustainable development within cities and it gave me some ideas. It was inspirational. It wasn't too long, nor boring. Just right.

By Geetanjali S

Sep 19, 2019

This course has been very informative. I am quite interested now in urban sustainability and the various aspects of it. Loved reading all the course materials. Look forward to more such courses

By Mariana D C O

Oct 23, 2018

It is important to know what are the actions that are being implement in order to create Sustainable Cities, I would like to have an actualizations of this course in recent years (2017-2018).

By ELTON R A D O

Nov 13, 2019

O curso tem um conteúdo de qualidade e excelentes cases. Certamente me trouxe inspiração para realizar transformações locais e regionais em relação à sustentabilidade. Recomendo imensamente!

By Felicia S

Apr 28, 2020

Such an insightful and interesting class! Not only does it provide theoretical and technical concepts, but it consistently provides real life examples. Excellent class and excellent team!

By Ritika D

Jul 14, 2019

Excellent course. Course material is excellent. I wish there was a way in which people who take this course could do projects together of with the university during and after the course.

By Kristina V

Sep 01, 2019

Thank you for creating this course. It's very well planned and there are some very important informations and ideas were shared during this course.

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Kristina.

By Nadia M

Aug 31, 2017

Great introduction to the concept / practical aspects of sustainable cities! Easy to understand with the examples provided. I hope there will be a more advanced course for this subject.

By ANDRES C C Q

May 03, 2020

It is a good course which includes interesting cities' case studies. I suggest it explore how the Scandinavian countries are transforming its cities to adapt them to climate change.

By juliana a

Jan 05, 2020

Very useful and the tools used (videos as well the readings) were very helpful. Also, the academic is wonderful and bring up the problems in order to inspire us to get the solutions

By María F M

Aug 30, 2017

it has been an amazing course, it could help me to undernstad how some initiatives can help to improve the pollution in my city and how i can support this kind of activities

By Katharine B

Dec 20, 2018

I found it a really interesting course and found it fascinating to hear about what different cities are doing to become more sustainable. I think the UK could learn a lot!

By Melissa D P T

May 03, 2020

Thank you so much, it has been a great course, I'm currently an architecture student in Mexico and this is so useful to me. I'm so grateful with all the staff, stay safe!

By Alvina g

Mar 04, 2020

i think it is the greatest opportunity for all students and professionals. i have learned a lot through different ways like through assignments, videos and quizzes etc.

By Pragadesh S K

Apr 30, 2019

one of my favourite course. Looking to do more courses in sustainability. Thanks for all of the organisers. Very Good Introduction course on sustainability in cities.

By Ujjawal S

Sep 16, 2018

Its a great course offering various insights relating to sustainable future, which is the need of the hour. Great presentations and talks by people of varied fields.

By Miguel R

Jun 24, 2017

A very interesting, well developed and educational MOOC that highlights major changes and interventions in cities worldwide towards Sustainability.

A big thank you!

By Matea L

Mar 04, 2016

I learned a lot of valuable lessons taking this course and would like to thank everyone who made it happen, I know it is a lot of work to put everything together.

By Ivan H

Oct 22, 2016

It's such an amazing knowledge that i got from this course. It gave you examples to make your city sustainable. It gave me the detail to make a sustainable city.