Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape our urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course explores sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy in Europe and around the world. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. We connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We examine how visions, experiments and innovations can transform urban areas. And we look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). This course was launched in January 2016, and it was updated in September 2021 with new podcasts, films and publications. The course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF and ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability who work with creating sustainable cities. The course features researchers, practitioners and entrepreneurs from a range organisations....

SV
Sep 28, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB
Mar 14, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

101 - 125 of 710 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

By Fernanda T C

It was an amazing course! It is very current, the topics are very well explained and the theme is very relevant and fundamental nowadays. I have absolutely loved it and I am sure it has brought me a lot of knowledge.

By Pranita P M

Sep 23, 2020

This course gave one of the best understanding on how sustainability of the cities is the need of the hour and how we as students much approach and address this issue while helping the earth heal its climate change!

By Ellie C

May 8, 2017

Especially loved Week 5 - examples around the world are the best things to grasp. I wish more of the quizzes had been about testing the examples we had learnt. Else very satisfied. So grateful that Coursera exists.

By Marianela A

Oct 19, 2020

Excellent course, it opens your eyes to how other countries are working for sustainable cities and the importance of teamwork integrating the community, the government and private companies. I recommend it 100%.

By MUHOZA P

Mar 28, 2020

The course is well structured with concret examples. In the future I would love to see how some of the best practices shown have been implemented somewhere else. Thanks to everyone who made this course possible.

By DAMODAR V K

Mar 6, 2020

It was an amazing course, the issue of sustainability is such a broad topic. Truly enjoyed all the lectures and also had an birds eye view. The course goes beyond conventional ways of addressing sustainability.

By stephen a

Jun 5, 2021

These courses are fully of well presented and innovative work that is going on around the world. Im stimulated by the knowledge gained and want to see how we can adopt similar thinking and delivery in the UK

By Arinze G

May 5, 2020

This was very educative. The knowledge garnered from this course will enhance my sustainability approach to life and in my daily social life. I will recommend this to my fellow colleagues and friends.

Thanks.

By Dheeraj S B

Sep 16, 2017

Good Course. Brings lot of new insights from renewable developments. You get to know a lot of things happening in the cities and the importance of the cities for achieving a sustainable future and solutions.

By Harshad

Sep 8, 2020

Very interesting course

It really motivates one to think about the challenges to sustainable development of their city and the solutions through which we can make our city and our lives greener and cleaner

By Paulo H P

Jan 27, 2020

Really enjoyed this course and the various initiatives presented from around the globe. It is a growing topic and it certainly needs more courses and initiatives such as this one. I'll be happy to refer it!

By Rafael d S V

Feb 28, 2018

The course provides an outstanding background about sustainability in a variety of fields. In addition, it has a very dynamic and objective interface. I surely will recommend it for my friends and students.

By Adrián E R

Feb 10, 2017

Excellent course, totally relevant with the problems we are facing TOGETHER as a planet. In a personal note this course can be a platform that shifts my career towards sustainable urban development. Thanks.

By Carlos R H

Sep 1, 2019

I've enjoyed a lot with this course. They give you a professional overall vision of how we (academia, politicians, enterpreneurs and citizens) should act in order to both adapt and mitigate climate change.

By POULOMY B

Sep 12, 2019

Very simple way of knowledge dissemination using the aid of good audio-visual tools. Easy and convenient to learn. Good examples have been cited in the videos that would urge one to learn more about them.

By Margaret V P O

Oct 19, 2020

great lectures, the lessons were very easy to understand since they didn't speak fast, and I loved the way the professors spread their passion for making the planet a better place to live.

thank you all.

By Eugenio F S

A very complete course. Gives you a general idea of what has to be done to transform cities into more sustainable ones. Great examples of cities across the world and the information is very clear.

Thanks!

By Todor K

May 28, 2016

The course is informative and interesting. It poses and discusses the major challenges that are present in front of our cities and world, in general. Highly recommended for urban planners and designers!

By Sankar V

Sep 29, 2019

By Nancy W

Oct 12, 2020

Well produced and targeted course. Increased my knowledge of the widespread and successful efforts to promote sustainable cities. Gave me some excellent ideas that I can use in my own community.

By Alejandro N C

May 6, 2020

Great content, tools and tasks to create awareness of what should become of cities around the globe and what measures should be worked upon to achieve sustainability goals in the upcoming decades

By Gitanjali V

Apr 29, 2020

The course was truly amazing!!!. It had such a broad explanation about how cities can impact climate change and the potential actions that can be applied to reduce the effects of climate change.

By Jean B

May 17, 2017

I'm very happy I took this course! It taught me many aspects of sustainable development within cities and it gave me some ideas. It was inspirational. It wasn't too long, nor boring. Just right.

By Elias S S

Aug 31, 2020

Amazing course with updated useful information that not only teaches about sustainability in different cities but encourages you to think about solutions to propose for an urban sustainability.

By Hirak J B

Quite an informative course. Helped me get an perspective on how important it is for us to work together globally for climate change mitigation and creation of equitable and sustainable cities.