Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape our urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course explores sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. Sustainable urban transformation refers to structural transformation processes – multi-dimensional and radical change – that can effectively direct urban development towards ambitious sustainability and climate goals. We connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We examine visions, experiments and innovations in urban areas. And we look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). This course provides key examples of activities to promote sustainable cities in Scandinavia, Europe and around the world. We bring together a collection of diverse short films and key short readings on sustainable cities as well as interactive forums and a practical assignment to create an online learning community. This course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF Cities and ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability. It is available for free to everyone, everywhere!...

SV
Sep 28, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB
Mar 14, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

101 - 125 of 661 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

By Paulo H P

Jan 27, 2020

Really enjoyed this course and the various initiatives presented from around the globe. It is a growing topic and it certainly needs more courses and initiatives such as this one. I'll be happy to refer it!

By Rafael d S V

Feb 28, 2018

The course provides an outstanding background about sustainability in a variety of fields. In addition, it has a very dynamic and objective interface. I surely will recommend it for my friends and students.

By Adrián E R

Feb 10, 2017

Excellent course, totally relevant with the problems we are facing TOGETHER as a planet. In a personal note this course can be a platform that shifts my career towards sustainable urban development. Thanks.

By Carlos R H

Sep 1, 2019

I've enjoyed a lot with this course. They give you a professional overall vision of how we (academia, politicians, enterpreneurs and citizens) should act in order to both adapt and mitigate climate change.

By POULOMY B

Sep 12, 2019

Very simple way of knowledge dissemination using the aid of good audio-visual tools. Easy and convenient to learn. Good examples have been cited in the videos that would urge one to learn more about them.

By Margaret V P O

Oct 19, 2020

great lectures, the lessons were very easy to understand since they didn't speak fast, and I loved the way the professors spread their passion for making the planet a better place to live.

thank you all.

By Eugenio F S

A very complete course. Gives you a general idea of what has to be done to transform cities into more sustainable ones. Great examples of cities across the world and the information is very clear.

Thanks!

By Lucy M

Mar 20, 2021

I am very happy that I did this course. It was very easy to understand the different concept they were explaining, as well as the exams. Great to start understanding the underlying issues in our cities!

By Todor K

May 28, 2016

The course is informative and interesting. It poses and discusses the major challenges that are present in front of our cities and world, in general. Highly recommended for urban planners and designers!

By Sankar V

Sep 29, 2019

By Nancy W

Oct 12, 2020

Well produced and targeted course. Increased my knowledge of the widespread and successful efforts to promote sustainable cities. Gave me some excellent ideas that I can use in my own community.

By Alejandro N C

May 6, 2020

Great content, tools and tasks to create awareness of what should become of cities around the globe and what measures should be worked upon to achieve sustainability goals in the upcoming decades

By Gitanjali V

Apr 29, 2020

The course was truly amazing!!!. It had such a broad explanation about how cities can impact climate change and the potential actions that can be applied to reduce the effects of climate change.

By Jean B

May 17, 2017

I'm very happy I took this course! It taught me many aspects of sustainable development within cities and it gave me some ideas. It was inspirational. It wasn't too long, nor boring. Just right.

By Elias S S

Aug 31, 2020

Amazing course with updated useful information that not only teaches about sustainability in different cities but encourages you to think about solutions to propose for an urban sustainability.

By Hirak J B

Quite an informative course. Helped me get an perspective on how important it is for us to work together globally for climate change mitigation and creation of equitable and sustainable cities.

By Geetanjali S

Sep 19, 2019

This course has been very informative. I am quite interested now in urban sustainability and the various aspects of it. Loved reading all the course materials. Look forward to more such courses

By Manikanta G

Aug 20, 2020

I don't really have any prior knowledge about the sustainable cities before taking this course after taking course I got pretty knowledge and thank you LUND University and WWF for the content.

By Pablo L

Sep 9, 2020

It allowed me to comprehend the Urban Initiatives to transform a place into a viable city. The most innovative experiments were explained and how they were implemented in a specific location.

By Mariana D C O

Oct 23, 2018

It is important to know what are the actions that are being implement in order to create Sustainable Cities, I would like to have an actualizations of this course in recent years (2017-2018).

By ELTON R A D O

Nov 13, 2019

O curso tem um conteúdo de qualidade e excelentes cases. Certamente me trouxe inspiração para realizar transformações locais e regionais em relação à sustentabilidade. Recomendo imensamente!

By Felicia S

Apr 28, 2020

Such an insightful and interesting class! Not only does it provide theoretical and technical concepts, but it consistently provides real life examples. Excellent class and excellent team!

By Ritika D

Jul 14, 2019

Excellent course. Course material is excellent. I wish there was a way in which people who take this course could do projects together of with the university during and after the course.

By Kristina V

Sep 1, 2019

Thank you for creating this course. It's very well planned and there are some very important informations and ideas were shared during this course.

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Kristina.

By Nadia M

Aug 31, 2017

Great introduction to the concept / practical aspects of sustainable cities! Easy to understand with the examples provided. I hope there will be a more advanced course for this subject.