Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course will explore sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. Sustainable urban transformation refers to structural transformation processes – multi-dimensional and radical change – that can effectively direct urban development towards ambitious sustainability and climate goals. We will connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We will examine visions, experiments and innovations in urban areas. We will look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). We bring together a collection of diverse short films and key short readings on sustainable cities as well as interactive forums and a practical assignment to create an online learning community. This course provides key examples of activities to promote sustainable cities in Scandinavia, Europe and around the world. We utilize films and reports by WWF, the Economist Intelligence Unit, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability, UN-Habitat, C40 Climate Leadership Group, Arup, Sustainia, the Rockefeller Foundation, and ongoing research projects. This course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF and ICLEI. It is available for free to everyone, everywhere! The International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics (IIIEE) at Lund University is an international centre of excellence on sustainable solutions. The IIIEE is ideally suited to understand and explain the interdisciplinary issues in sustainable cities and greening the economy utilising the diverse disciplinary backgrounds of its international staff. The IIIEE has been researching and teaching on sustainable solutions since the 1990s and it has extensive international networks connecting with a variety of organizations....

SV

Sep 29, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB

Mar 15, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

176 - 200 of 526 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

By Al-Imran R I

Apr 28, 2020

Excellent course. Video classes are well designed. Not so difficult. Provides good idea on Sustainable Cities.

By MRIDULA A A

ENJOYED TAKING UP THE COURSE, AND GAINED LOTS OF KNOWLEDGE.

TUTORIAL ON COURSE MAP WOULD HAVE BEEN APPRECIATED

By George T

Nov 04, 2019

Very helpful course. Learned useful information about green economy and ustainability. I highly recommend it.

By Camila F M

May 26, 2016

Great course!! Different type of lecturers and videos of examples of all around the world! I am very pleased!

By Frederike M

May 05, 2017

I think this course was very interesting. It lets me see my city and the surroundings from a new perspective

By Lorena P

Feb 15, 2018

This course has excellent material. The videos and readings, included extra readings, are very interesting.

By Pâmela S B

Apr 11, 2017

Really good. Very informative, I study architecture and it was an amazing opportunity do improve my skills.

By Iqramul A

May 14, 2020

I think this course was quite hardy to be given the examples and relating aspects with another countries.

By Josaia U

May 11, 2019

This course opens up our mind to realize reality and how we can work coorperatively to curve our actions.

By GAURAV A K

Jan 29, 2019

Excellent course for the ambitious ones out there who are really concerned about their future generation.

By Paulo J G d O

Dec 10, 2018

Great course, content and structure.

I have learned a lot and got lots of great resources.

Recommend it, 5*

By Consolacion L

Apr 29, 2017

The course is very interesting and educational especially for someone from the developing world like me.

By Karolina M

Nov 18, 2019

Great course. It opened my eye to the importance of cities and suggested various sustainable solutions.

By Fernan N A

Apr 18, 2017

Highly informative and inspiring especially to those who work directly in the CIty Planning Department.

By Christopher S

Feb 18, 2016

Great course for anyone interested in how to make cities a more sustainable and pleasant place to live.

By Matsiuk V

Apr 30, 2020

Я благодарю всех, кто был во главе создания этого курса. Он очень мне помог и многому научил. СПАСИБО!

By Dr V K G

Oct 02, 2016

Really very well designed course for professionals working in the field of Infrastructure development.

By Muthanna K C

Apr 11, 2020

GOOD LEARNING AND VERY EDUCATIONAL. THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE COURSE WAS THE DELIVERY. 2 WEEKS WELL SPENT.

By Denise A

Oct 04, 2016

Such a good class! The experts are excellent and there are free video's and reading links. Thank you!

By Edson E M

Jan 25, 2016

Excelente información, el material es didáctico y la explicación de los temas es detallada y puntual.

By Aaryan J

Jun 07, 2020

I have learned so many new things about making our cities sustainable and getting profit through it.

By AKSHIT K

May 05, 2020

I learned a new perception and idea of Urban Planning, Policy Making and Sustainable Green Economy.

By Anastasia

Sep 07, 2018

I truly enjoyed the lectures, they are highly informative and well structured. It was never boring.

By NEHA T

Apr 26, 2020

Good course for the beginners to understand the basics of nature based solutions for urban cities.

By Jennifer Q

Jun 08, 2020

I loved this course. Super informational and fun. It wasn't too hard but it made you think a lot.