Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape our urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course explores sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. Sustainable urban transformation refers to structural transformation processes – multi-dimensional and radical change – that can effectively direct urban development towards ambitious sustainability and climate goals. We connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We examine visions, experiments and innovations in urban areas. And we look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). This course provides key examples of activities to promote sustainable cities in Scandinavia, Europe and around the world. We bring together a collection of diverse short films and key short readings on sustainable cities as well as interactive forums and a practical assignment to create an online learning community. This course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF Cities and ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability. It is available for free to everyone, everywhere!...

SV
Sep 28, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB
Mar 14, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

276 - 300 of 664 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

By SANJAY J

May 14, 2020

Amazing course. really loved it. The way it is presented makes it even more beautiful,

By Sol K

Apr 14, 2020

Great course! Clear information, great texts and a lot of information to learn about.

By Norbert P

Apr 21, 2021

This is a great course about real solutions and examples... so we should apply them.

By tejaswini v k

Sep 30, 2020

Very interesting course. Video lectures are easy to understand. I really enjoyed it.

By Cheuk W T Y

Jun 15, 2018

Resourceful with a lot of involvement of other key players and research in the field

By Sezer U

Nov 20, 2020

I got great information about sustainability, which is the topic that interests me.

By Gabriel F

Oct 9, 2020

its a wonderful course, i learned a lot of things, i opened my vision about society

By Evy

Jun 8, 2020

Great course. A lot of information with relevant and inspiring examples. Thank you.

By maria d

Oct 17, 2017

Great set of proposals worldwide! I would love to have more analytical assignments!

By Homa

Jun 6, 2018

Very useful, easy to follow, good resources, very good and understandable English!

By Maryam B

It was a wonderful course. I enjoyed and learned a lot. Thanks to Lund University

By Hakan K

Sep 14, 2017

I would like to thank to Lund University and Coursera for this beneficial course.

By Bernardo V

Sep 15, 2020

Buen curso para actualizarse con las tendencias actuales en ciudades sostenibles

By Ramon C

Feb 8, 2018

Great introductory course that gives a broader idea of sustainability worldwide.

By Marin R

Feb 10, 2017

good holistic view over actors from urban planning and urban environment economy

By Ana L G

May 3, 2019

Loved all the weeks videos and readings. It was really helpful and stimulating.

By LUISA F F R

May 28, 2018

Excellent course for those who are passionate about sustainability. Good Start!

By Turlea O

Jan 23, 2016

This is a fantastic course, I would highly recommend it to Geography graduates!

By 19CM813 R R Y

Awesome videos and good course. Thank you Coursera, Thank you Lund University.

By Yuri Q A T

Apr 23, 2020

Enlightful lectures and really updated material with contemporary discussions.

By Luca Z

May 3, 2019

A new world has disclosed of what cities are doing to improve their footprint!

By Richard H

May 9, 2016

I am very happy about this course. The instructors are world class, top rate.

By Olina n

Nov 10, 2020

Loved it! Interesting information that are a must in these days. recommended!

By Luis F G R

Aug 21, 2020

Very interesting, open mind and invite to change your environment for better

By Kherbouche B

Jun 13, 2020

This is the kind of courses we need to take seriously for sustainable future