Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course will explore sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. Sustainable urban transformation refers to structural transformation processes – multi-dimensional and radical change – that can effectively direct urban development towards ambitious sustainability and climate goals. We will connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We will examine visions, experiments and innovations in urban areas. We will look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). We bring together a collection of diverse short films and key short readings on sustainable cities as well as interactive forums and a practical assignment to create an online learning community. This course provides key examples of activities to promote sustainable cities in Scandinavia, Europe and around the world. We utilize films and reports by WWF, the Economist Intelligence Unit, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability, UN-Habitat, C40 Climate Leadership Group, Arup, Sustainia, the Rockefeller Foundation, and ongoing research projects. This course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF and ICLEI. It is available for free to everyone, everywhere! The International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics (IIIEE) at Lund University is an international centre of excellence on sustainable solutions. The IIIEE is ideally suited to understand and explain the interdisciplinary issues in sustainable cities and greening the economy utilising the diverse disciplinary backgrounds of its international staff. The IIIEE has been researching and teaching on sustainable solutions since the 1990s and it has extensive international networks connecting with a variety of organizations....

SV

Sep 29, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB

Mar 15, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

201 - 225 of 500 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

By Martin V

Feb 04, 2016

I have already tried several courses but this one is a game changer!

Highly recommended!

By om p s

Jan 22, 2016

I liked the course and I liked professor teaching and University.Thanks for the course.

By SANJAY J

May 14, 2020

Amazing course. really loved it. The way it is presented makes it even more beautiful,

By Sol K

Apr 14, 2020

Great course! Clear information, great texts and a lot of information to learn about.

By Cheuk W T Y

Jun 15, 2018

Resourceful with a lot of involvement of other key players and research in the field

By maria d

Oct 18, 2017

Great set of proposals worldwide! I would love to have more analytical assignments!

By Homa

Jun 06, 2018

Very useful, easy to follow, good resources, very good and understandable English!

By maryam b

It was a wonderful course. I enjoyed and learned a lot. Thanks to Lund University

By Hakan K

Sep 14, 2017

I would like to thank to Lund University and Coursera for this beneficial course.

By Ramon C

Feb 08, 2018

Great introductory course that gives a broader idea of sustainability worldwide.

By Marin R

Feb 10, 2017

good holistic view over actors from urban planning and urban environment economy

By Ana L G

May 03, 2019

Loved all the weeks videos and readings. It was really helpful and stimulating.

By LUISA F F R

May 28, 2018

Excellent course for those who are passionate about sustainability. Good Start!

By Turlea O

Jan 23, 2016

This is a fantastic course, I would highly recommend it to Geography graduates!

By RAJANKUMAR R Y

Awesome videos and good course. Thank you Coursera, Thank you Lund University.

By Yuri Q A T

Apr 23, 2020

Enlightful lectures and really updated material with contemporary discussions.

By Luca Z

May 03, 2019

A new world has disclosed of what cities are doing to improve their footprint!

By Richard H

May 10, 2016

I am very happy about this course. The instructors are world class, top rate.

By Shubham K

Best Course to give insights about the green buildings via excellent videos!

By Faiz K

Feb 21, 2016

Excellent course, with very informative and captivating lectures and videos.

By Jay A S

Feb 01, 2020

Good learning about reducing carbon footprints and making cities liveable.

By Gil C M d S J

Feb 12, 2019

Thanks. It's so special for me! I want to change my generation for better!

By Marcos G

May 04, 2017

Very important course. Widened my perspective of Sustainability in Cities.

By SYED M S A

May 14, 2019

it helped me develop an insight into problems related to sustainability.

By Idowu T E

Jun 02, 2019

The course videos are not only informative. They are also inspirational