Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape our urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course explores sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. Sustainable urban transformation refers to structural transformation processes – multi-dimensional and radical change – that can effectively direct urban development towards ambitious sustainability and climate goals. We connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We examine visions, experiments and innovations in urban areas. And we look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). This course provides key examples of activities to promote sustainable cities in Scandinavia, Europe and around the world. We bring together a collection of diverse short films and key short readings on sustainable cities as well as interactive forums and a practical assignment to create an online learning community. This course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF Cities and ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability. It is available for free to everyone, everywhere!...

SV
Sep 28, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB
Mar 14, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

201 - 225 of 639 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

By Aguadze S

May 24, 2016

This course opened me up to a new way of looking at our world... that earth belongs to us and we need to keep her safe.

By Jennifer A P P

Oct 9, 2019

This Course is very helpful to understand how sustainability is a must that every govern should develop and encourage.

By Drishti j a

Feb 18, 2019

It was an amazing experience to learn this course. It helped me alot. i really want to thank coursera for this course.

By Moturu N S

Aug 27, 2020

Good Informative course that teaches you about a lot of sustainable techniques that are being used around the globe.

By Subramanian P

Mar 7, 2018

This course was very useful for country like india, this course was very interesting and useful for current sinerio.

By JAYARAM M

May 23, 2020

Very useful course for our future sustainability. Very much needed in the present scenario. Thank you for the team.

By Alfonso B P

Jul 30, 2019

My first experience on e-learning and I am really pleased with the course and the quality in contents and teachers.

By Muhammad U A

Dec 9, 2018

A very excellent, easy to navigate course with teaching methodology easy to grasp and concepts easy to understand.

By Paula C A

Sep 2, 2020

The course gives a very good introduction to sustainable city strategies both for government and private entities

By Logan K

Sep 6, 2020

Very engaging and insightful. Thank you to all the professors and people involved in making such a great course!

By Emilio N S

May 3, 2020

Very useful and intersting if you want to make a change in our planet and also if you want to learn how to do it

By Кулаченкова Т В

Feb 12, 2019

Thank you for all this knowlage, all examples, articles and videoes. It was so much interesting and inspiring!!

By Riikka H

Sep 8, 2017

Very interesting course. It is wonderful to learn about all the projects going on around the world. I recommend

By fatima-zohra k

Oct 16, 2016

Amazing class!! thank you I learned so many things about sustainability in cities and it is only the begining!!

By Raiyan

May 12, 2020

I learned lots of things about how we can shape our world by greening the economy and sustainability of cities

By Erick O

Anice course with great experience,,I've acquired more skills ill use to design the cities in my country Kenya

By Al-Imran R I

Apr 28, 2020

Excellent course. Video classes are well designed. Not so difficult. Provides good idea on Sustainable Cities.

By MRIDULA A A

ENJOYED TAKING UP THE COURSE, AND GAINED LOTS OF KNOWLEDGE.

TUTORIAL ON COURSE MAP WOULD HAVE BEEN APPRECIATED

By giorgos t

Nov 4, 2019

Very helpful course. Learned useful information about green economy and ustainability. I highly recommend it.

By Camila F M

May 26, 2016

Great course!! Different type of lecturers and videos of examples of all around the world! I am very pleased!

By Frederike M

May 5, 2017

I think this course was very interesting. It lets me see my city and the surroundings from a new perspective

By ADITI C

Sep 25, 2020

Really very knowledgeable course about sustainable green cities, students should definitely enroll this...

By Lorena P

Feb 15, 2018

This course has excellent material. The videos and readings, included extra readings, are very interesting.

By Pâmela S B

Apr 11, 2017

Really good. Very informative, I study architecture and it was an amazing opportunity do improve my skills.

By Catherine R

Aug 13, 2020

I loved this course. The materials were engaging and stimulating, as well as clear and concise. Thank you!