Back to Guitar Scales and Chord Progressions

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Guitar Scales and Chord Progressions by Berklee College of Music

You’ve got the guitar basics down: You can strum your guitar and play a few of your favorite songs, but you’re ready to take the tunes to the next level. In Guitar Scales and Chord Progressions you’ll expand your knowledge of scales, chord fingerings, and common chord progressions. You’ll also learn important skills for soloing, creating melodies, and adding depth and dimension to your guitar playing. This course is not only for the aspiring guitarist who has taken Berklee’s Guitar for Beginners, but also for guitarists who have let their six-string gather dust for too long, and want to brush up on techniques. Each lesson covers the four basic aspects you’ll need to sharpen your guitar chops: scales, arpeggios, chord progressions, and rhythm. Amanda’s practical approach to learning these important elements is fun and helps you to use what you’re learning and practicing in a real musical setting. You’ll improve your playing and creativity, whether it be as a singer-songwriter, a guitarist accompanying a singer, or a player in the band. By the end of this course, you’ll be more comfortable playing throughout the neck, and you’ll gain a better understanding of chord structure and how each chord relates to tonal centers or keys. You’ll also be able to solo and improvise by playing simple lead guitar lines based on the minor pentatonic scale. Whether your preference is for acoustic or electric, the curriculum is designed to turn you into a real guitarist....

MR
Aug 16, 2020

Excellent, very helpful, the instructor was fantastic, I learned a lot. Would appreciate more examples of putting it all together. I enjoyed the process, even with my busy schedule.

NS
Feb 20, 2021

I loved this course. It taught me so much about theory that I was never able to understand before, and gave me a deep & solid foundation to keep studying it on my own.

26 - 50 of 116 Reviews for Guitar Scales and Chord Progressions

By IVAN A

Apr 5, 2021

en lo personal es un curso muy completo y muy bien explicado.. los ejercicios van de acuerdo a la clase y eso es para un mayor progreso.

en general me gusto el curso y quiero aprender mas !

By Neal S

Feb 20, 2021

By Sakib N K

Mar 14, 2021

Really helped me learn Basic scales, Arpeggios and some melodious strumming patterns.

I appreciate how the instructor put so much effort to teach us. Thank you.

By Pablo H

Oct 20, 2020

Fine course, clear in contents and with a fine last assignment. Peer review was not fine the first time, because was not serious, but second review was perfect.

By Anuja s

Oct 25, 2020

It was really an amazing journey of learning guitar with berklee college of music... thank you so much for providing this online ..really helped me a lot..

By Faelmar O

Oct 28, 2020

This course presented a new perspective in doing scales and chords which was really beneficial in my playing as a professional; guitarist.

By Lorraine C

Mar 12, 2021

This begins to bring you to a new level of playing the instrument. Needs allot of practice time. Slower pace will be better.

By Hansel R Z L

Oct 11, 2020

me gusto mucho el curso, y estoy enamorado de la profesora amanda xd, ella enseña muy bien

i love you amanda <3

By Winn W

Aug 24, 2020

Awesome class. I really learned a lot and my overall playing improved! Amanda is an awesome teacher!

By Dan K

Aug 11, 2019

Solid beginning for chord structure and simple arpeggios. Recommended for beginner guitar players!

By Ernesto R R

Oct 17, 2020

It was a fabulous course, I learned a lot about building chords and recognizing the guitar fret.

By Bryan C

Sep 10, 2020

This straight-forward course connects simple concepts in powerful ways and adds a lot of value.

By Alceu G A F

Jun 7, 2019

Very good for those who want to learn strumming patterns, chord progressions and arpeggios.

By Frederick M

May 7, 2020

Excellent resource for the beginner and helpful to some who need to revisit fundamentals

By Camilo T

Apr 20, 2020

Well explained videos and makes you want to continue practicing and enjoying your guitar

By Segarceanu O D

Sep 12, 2018

esxcellent presentation, cool teacher. thanks, berklee & coursera, i’ve learnt so much!

By Luísa C d F

Dec 31, 2020

Amazing instructor and very practical, direct and effective lessons. I really enjoyed.

By Alessio D S

Jan 5, 2019

Really a great course, there is a plenty of stuff to learn and is well structured

By Michael S H

Apr 6, 2020

It’s amazing how much information is taught in such a short time. Great course!

By Denis M

Jul 8, 2019

Very fun and understandable course for a beginner on guitar. I enjoyed it a lot.

By Brad S

Jan 8, 2020

Good course to develop the fundamentals and introduce players to useful scales.

By Shawn E

Apr 27, 2020

Excellent course! I learned a lot of new guitar skills. Can't wait to do more.

By Jaison C

Nov 21, 2019

There is everything you need to get on with this. Amanda breaks it down well.

By Constantinos Z

Oct 27, 2019

Amazing. Thank you. I am exited that I got somethings out of this course.

By Lynn M

Apr 22, 2020

A great review of guitar scales and arpeggios and basic music theory.