Back to Guitar for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Guitar for Beginners by Berklee College of Music

Grasp the essentials needed to begin playing acoustic or electric guitar. You'll learn an easy approach to get you playing quickly, through a combination of exploring the instrument, performance technique, and basic music theory. For students who have long thought about picking up the acoustic or electric guitar, this course will provide an easy-access foundation that will get you playing. When first learning guitar, it is important to have the material presented in stages, in an enjoyable way that allows you to grasp the basics of the instrument and music. The course begins simply with the parts of the guitar, the names of the strings, tuning, and technique—whether finger-style or pick. It then explores the basics of music theory with such topics as scales, triads, power chords, and fingering and shapes. At the end of this course, students will understand the structure, parts, and accessories of the instrument, in addition to an understanding of its basic maintenance. Electric guitar players will learn the operation of their instrument along with basic options for amplification, effect pedals, and sounds. Students will also learn to develop correct technique and apply theory concepts to their playing. They will have the foundational knowledge necessary to pursue most intermediate guitar courses....

RR

Oct 12, 2015

Dear Friends,\n\nI really enjoyed this course, specially the way "Thaddeus Hogarth" teach the course, It is unbelievably strong and master piece.\n\nThanks a lot "Thaddeus Hogarth"\n\nGod bless you

MG

Aug 09, 2017

Amazing course for a beginner and someone who want to pick it up after a long break. I would suggest this for people who has sufficient experience with the instrument. The tutor is really amazing.

201 - 225 of 409 Reviews for Guitar for Beginners

By Omar C

May 02, 2016

I'm really glad to make part of this course and learn what I always dreamed to learn

By Vincent R

Jun 13, 2016

This is a very good class! Assignments get progressively challenging - especially the final lessons but this is what I wanted. Plan on putting in extra time and getting sore fingers. The videos are some of the most professional productions I have seen!

By Michael B

Jun 20, 2016

Outstanding course! I was an absolute beginner and knew nothing about the guitar or how to play it. I now feel that I have great understanding and a strong foundation to build upon. It starts out fairly easy and takes you step by step through everything you need to know but builds quickly and takes lots of practice to become proficient with each of the lessons, especially if you've never played and instrument before. The biggest benefit from the class is that I know feel comfortable that I have sufficient knowledge that I can continue to develop my skills at my own pace using various on-line resources.

By Stefin G

Jul 02, 2017

Very good to learn the essential concepts of guitar as well as music.

By Saurabh P

Feb 13, 2017

Super coaching!!

By kuss

Aug 01, 2017

thank you M.Hogarth, thank you Berklee, thank you Coursera

By Rodrigo A

May 07, 2018

Nice for completly beginners : )

By Ezequiel R M

Oct 22, 2015

Very good course and teacher, specially about notations and staff and.

By Leoncio J O R

Dec 08, 2015

Un excelente curso, la primera semana la llevo muy bien.

By Sarah B

Dec 12, 2015

Lots of good information. Perfect for beginners and for pros. I

By Daniel

Jan 04, 2016

Una nueva opcion y da la posibilidad a aquellos que esten muy interesados en seguir interiorizándose en el instrumento que ustedes han elegido, en este caso la guitarra. Muy bueno.

By 柯冠宇

Feb 29, 2016

nice

By Priya T

Dec 29, 2015

Amazing :) Really beneficial and really great. Clears all the basic and makes me excited and inspired to learn how to play guitar :)

By Samanta G P

Jan 12, 2016

Me gusto muchísimo! Voy por las primeras lecciones y creo es excelente! De cursarlo personalmente lo haría lastima no tengo los recursos económicos!

By Douglas P d A

Dec 27, 2015

Ótimo curso para aqueles que estão começando, e para os que precisam reciclar seus conhecimentos!

By Lu H

Dec 10, 2015

Excellent. However I do not know why I can not get something like confirmation after I finished the course.

By 梁炜轶清

Dec 06, 2015

verygood

By Mridul K U

Sep 04, 2015

Nicely Introduced..

By Xavier M C

Nov 22, 2015

Thanks I really enjoyed this course and I've learned a lot!

By Balaji N

Sep 14, 2015

I love it

By Sunita M

Jun 17, 2016

Excellent

By Kiara C

Nov 13, 2015

Great course. Very effective teaching and relative topics.

By Tyra W

Dec 31, 2015

🎼😎🎼😎🎼 !!!!I just love it, love it!!!! 🎼😎🎼😎🎼

By Laura M M E

May 30, 2016

Genial. Aprendí mucho. Muchas gracias

By Marcelo N B R

Sep 03, 2016

Excellent! Very high quality for an introductory course. Absolutely recommendable.