Back to Hacking and Patching

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Hacking and Patching by University of Colorado System

3.9

In this MOOC, you will learn how to hack web apps with command injection vulnerabilities in a web site of your AWS Linux instance. You will learn how to search valuable information on a typical Linux systems with LAMP services, and deposit and hide Trojans for future exploitation. You will learn how to patch these web apps with input validation using regular expression. You will learn a security design pattern to avoid introducing injection vulnerabilities by input validation and replacing generic system calls with specific function calls. You will learn how to hack web apps with SQL injection vulnerabilities and retrieve user profile information and passwords. You will learn how to patch them with input validation and SQL parameter binding. You will learn the hacking methodology, Nessus tool for scanning vulnerabilities, Kali Linux for penetration testing, and Metasploit Framework for gaining access to vulnerable Windows Systems, deploying keylogger, and perform Remote VNC server injection. You will learn security in memory systems and virtual memory layout, and understand buffer overflow attacks and their defenses. You will learn how to clone a Kali instance with AWS P2 GPU support and perform hashcat password cracking using dictionary attacks and known pattern mask attacks....

AA

It was Great course to have and very skillful knowledge about Basic for Hacking

NH
Sep 13, 2019

This Course is very interested. I hope I will learn it for use purpose also.

26 - 50 of 53 Reviews for Hacking and Patching

Aug 30, 2020

Best

By Fadzai C

Jul 27, 2020

good

By ARVINTH K

good

By Tharanga M

good

By Akula V K R

Jun 19, 2020

It was good prepared and presented in a very special and superb way. I am glad I took and completed it. special appreciation to coursera for making this possible for me. only problem was with AWS , sometimes we cannot access it.

By Jeet P

Aug 6, 2020

For this course the first 2 course is compulsory to complete that's the issue.

By Zia M

Apr 11, 2020

This was helpful to know things better :)

By MOH J

Jul 11, 2020

Please more deeply explain.

By VIVASHURAI,CSE18 V T C

Aug 5, 2020

Great course!!!

By Brayan P M

Jun 29, 2020

Excelente Curso

By Juan P V M

Jun 15, 2020

You can't access to the activities of the course because the credit of AWS is not avaliable

By Frode P M

May 12, 2021

Would like to learn more about hacking

By Quedo S

Feb 23, 2021

Too many issues I experienced with the course. I like the fact that I get hands on with the curriculum. However, the week one project instructions contained many errors which made it difficult and frustrating to follow. Accessing the AWS VM was another frustration which came from the instructions. I do not know how to hack and was using the course to develop a base knowledge to add to my Info Sec skills. If the instructions were easier to follow I may have stayed enrolled but they were frustrating at least for me. This may be a good course for someone with a foundation already but I do not know.

By David A F B

Mar 5, 2021

Se asume que el estudiante tiene una tarjeta de credito y otras facilidades para todos los proyectos. Ademas el metodo de calificacion demora demasiado, acabe el curso hace mas de dos meses y hasta ahorita estoy recibiendo mi certificado. Uno aprende cosas interesantes pero los proyectos deberian estar diseñados de manera diferente y más sencilla

By Dileep D

Aug 26, 2019

The perfect teaching given by Edward Chow and the main important thing is hacking material you can't get this type of material.

Try to complete full course with all specialization which is given by Edward chow.

By Anthony M

Apr 20, 2020

I am not impressed with this course I must say, I do not have a credit card and I can not proceed.