Back to Chinese Characters for beginner 汉字

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese Characters for beginner 汉字 by Peking University

Welcome to "Chinese Characters for beginner"! This is an elementary course on learning Chinese characters. Together, we will start from the basic element of Chinese characters-- Strokes. Then we will learn 1,200 basic Chinese words composed of 240 commonly used Chinese characters, which begin with “一”(one), including pronunciation, shape and meaning, so that to improve the learning effect. ① Each Chinese character is with pinyin; ② Each Chinese character is shown in the form of animation in the process of writing, namely strokes; ③ English translation is used on the Chinese character can be a word itself. Other Chinese characters can not be independent of words are the characters of. The English translation of this kind of characters is marked in parentheses; ④ Each Chinese word is accompanied by Pinyin, English translation and picture, which is easy to understand; ⑤ There are proper exercises at the end of each lesson. Good luck !...

26 - 50 of 196 Reviews for Chinese Characters for beginner 汉字

By Hughes E

Apr 11, 2021

It is great for learning! The book is not necessary, but it does add some practice and visual aid outside the course. I would just add that including grammar rules to form basic sentences would make it perfect.

By Joseph G

Jan 26, 2021

The course has given me basic building blocks for understanding Chinese characters. Personally, It has made the challenge of learning the characters less daunting and less intimidating. Thank you very much.

By Tracy T

Oct 4, 2019

Excellent introduction to writing and reading Chinese Characters. This course doesn't help with pronunciation very much, but is a great way to explore, introduce, and practice the Chinese writing system.

By Nhung V

Feb 8, 2021

Thank you so much for this great course!!! The lectures are awesome and help me a lot. I'm just a beginner but after this course i can write any Chinese words ! Again, i appreciate for this free course!

By Mynor J H S

Jun 27, 2018

It seems to be a really good course, but I am unable to find the textbook on Guatemala, I will do my best effort to learn, Maybe you can share this textbook as PDF file. Thanks in advanced.

By Angie M A S

Jun 16, 2019

Excellent course for beginners, they teach you how to draw each character from the start, how it is pronounced and what is its meaning, I'm just in the first weak and I have learned a lot.

By Carlos B

Oct 1, 2019

Great course so far. Still waiting for the book that I ordered, but right now just trying to remember the names of the different strokes, the other vocabulary is not so hard for me.

By Aimée G F

Jul 11, 2020

Este curso enseña caracteres básicos y que se utilizan diariamente en conversaciones cotidianas. Los videos son fáciles de seguir, y cada quiz se encarga de reforzar conocimientos.

By vas m

Sep 5, 2020

Good course, more characters and longer would be good too. The sound level is very low, you will need to turn up the volume - then jump when some other app on pc makes a noise!

By José D D C

May 13, 2018

It has been an amazing course. I have enjoyed every single test I have made. Congratulations to the organizers. As the lessons used to finish 谢谢 。再见 ! tsie tsie tsei llén! ;)

By Lydia B

Jan 24, 2021

I enjoyed this writing-reading course very much. I found some of the quiz sentences

a little too complex or advanced for me to translate but a good challenge nonetheless.

By Mario X R

Mar 16, 2020

I have enjoyed a lot this course. It has been very exciting to discover the formation of the characters and the radicals. Very entertaining and instructional. Thanks.

By AyeAye N T

May 17, 2021

I enjoyed this course very much. There are many ancient Chinese characters which are well-explained.

It is very interesting to learn the history of each character.

By Carolyn M

Jul 2, 2020

With no actual experience in Chinese, I was able to complete this course usually getting 90s or above. I recommend this course to learn the pen stroke order.

By thwet l

Apr 20, 2021

Chinese characters can be easily recognized and written by this course. I am highly recommended. I really thanks to course coordinators and teachers.

By Tuvshin D

Feb 7, 2021

I am a truly beginner and I loved the course. The reason is the lessons are very interesting and related to each other. I am motivated to learn more.

By Javier G Z

Jun 14, 2020

Es un muy buen curso, lo recomiendo mucho. Ayuda mucho a relacionarse con el idioma y a aprender nuevo vocabulario, ademas de su forma de escribirlo.

By Alejandro A P

Feb 28, 2021

Es un muy buen curso, especialmente si quieres conocer mas sobre los caracteres, te da un buen banco de ellos para poder estudiarlos y emplearlos

By Marina D S

Aug 29, 2020

This course has helped me to read Chinese characters. It is taught in a great manner. I did not find it very easy, but it was fun to work on it.

By Wanmata K

Easy to understand the characters. Love that the course gave the original of characters and meaning, also provide the related characters too.

By Sonia M

Sep 3, 2019

A very well structured course. I gained a deeper understanding of the Chinese language and made fast progess in writing skills. Thank You!

By Asad M

Jan 19, 2021

This is a great course offered by Coursera. It really helped me a lot improving my basics of Chinese characters and their writing methods

By Patrick B

Jul 23, 2017

Great course !! Teaches how to write the chinese characters in a very didactic way, step by step. I am now looking for the next course !

By Maria F B

Apr 25, 2017

La verdad que es el mejor curso que hice hasta ahora. Los examenes son exigentes. Me encanto. Espero que suban el curso siguiente.