Back to A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment

Learner Reviews & Feedback for A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment by Indian School of Business

What are the determinants of a happy and fulfilling life? This is surely one of life’s biggest questions, and a question that has interested many of our ancestors. Buddha famously gave up his kingdom in search of happiness. Several Greek philosophers (from Aristotle to Epicurus and Plato to Socrates) had their own views on what it takes to be happy. And of course, we all have our own theories about happiness too. How valid are our theories? Until recently, if you wished for an answer to this question, you would've been forced to base it on discussions with spiritual leaders. Or, if you were lucky, you could've based it on late-night (and perhaps intoxicant-fueled) conversations with friends and family. Happily, all that has changed now. Over the past decade-and-a-half, scientists have gotten into the act big time. We now have a pretty good idea of what it takes to lead a happy and fulfilling life. This course, based on the award-winning class offered both at the Indian School of Business and at the McCombs School of Business at The University of Texas at Austin, developed by Prof. Raj Raghunathan (aka "Dr. Happy-smarts") draws content from a variety of fields, including psychology, neuroscience, and behavioral decision theory to offer a tested and practical recipe for leading a life of happiness and fulfillment. Although not mandatory, reading Prof. Raj's forthcoming book, titled If you're so smart, why aren't you happy? can help you review and assimilate the material covered in this book at your leisure. For Coursera learners alone, the hardcover version of the book is available for a deep discount of 50%, plus shipping and handling. You can order the hardcover for 50% off by writing to Aaron at: Aaron@800ceoread.com. Please mention that you are a student of the "coursera happiness course" in your email. The course will feature guest appearances by several well-known thought leaders, including: - Dan Ariely (author of Predictably Irrational and, soon to be released, Irrationally Yours), - Ed Diener (“Dr. Happiness”), - Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi (author of Flow), By taking this course, you will discover the answers to questions such as: - Why aren’t the smart-and-the-successful as happy as they could—or should—be - What are the “7 Deadly Happiness Sins” that even the smart and the successful commit?, and - What are the “7 Habits of the Highly Happy” and how can you implement them in your life? By the end of the course, I expect students who have been diligent with the lectures and exercises to not just gain a deeper understanding of the science of happiness, but to also be significantly happier....

JP
Jul 23, 2020

I like this course a lot. I got some clarity on things I already know. The teacher Raj is the best part of this course. I love his approach and how he interacts with students. I recommend this course!

CR
Apr 23, 2018

Excellent course, Professor Raj is great. I found it very helpful to see what types of personality traits I have that may contribute to my happiness level and possible approaches to dealing with them.

326 - 350 of 1,923 Reviews for A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment

By Suraj S G

Sep 17, 2020

this course journey was so long but no one session was boring. Dr. Rajagopal explained each and everything about happiness. course as like this i never seen before. I really loved it . My happiness raised 100 rest to infinity.

By Magali C

Nov 1, 2015

Very well done! I am very grateful for all the people who helped putting this course available online. Thank you Professor Raj. It was a pleasure watching the videos and reading the well selected material. I will keep going. ;)

By Yaren K

The course is truly amazing. I was skeptical at first, it really touched upon many areas that I am following the deadly happiness sins. I will work on changing them with the habits of the highly happy! thank you for everything

By Kelly J K

Sep 29, 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I am using the information in it to improve my life. I shared its teachings with friends and family, out of the belief that it is valuable information which will improve their quality of life.

By PASCAL D

Aug 15, 2015

Great course; great thoughts. Many ways to reach happiness and easy tips. What I appreciated the most were the references to backup the course. I recommended it to at least 5 people. Unfortunately it's not available in French.

By Consuelo G

Sep 7, 2016

me encanta el curso es excelente solo que los ultimos capitulos no me es posible entenderlos no tienen subtitulos en español.

es una lastima porque me parecen temas super importantes de cierre 8(.

ojala puedan ayudarme <3.

By Beverly R S

Aug 29, 2015

One of the best courses I've taken through Coursera. Love the energy and knowledge of the instructor, and the unique way he presents the material. I'd highly recommend this class to others. Thanks for such a terrific course!

By Karina G

Sep 9, 2015

Lecturer is really easy to understand, the ways he is using to describe something is understandable, a lot of examples. Really like the system of validation, when you need to "put marks" for other people to pass assessment.

By Janice L

Jul 11, 2020

I had a hard time adjusting to the stay at home orders and had a lot of fears about my family contracting Covid 19. This course really helped me to balance health and safety as well as happiness. I strongly recommend it.

By ANA H A C

Aug 14, 2017

Me encantó poder tomar este curso porque me ayudó a entender y a entenderme con muchas situaciones y es bonito un curso que sea de ayuda para nosotros mismo ya que lo merecemos y sólo debemos de ser felices en esta vida <3

By Mane M

Aug 11, 2016

It is the second week I am enrolled in this course. The course is amazing and the professor teaches us properly and passionately. I am enthusiastic to take this course and I enjoy every single video lecture to the fullest.

By caetana v

Oct 20, 2015

Thank you so much! It's a great and fantastic course, extremely well organized and presented. The professors could not be better, the materials as well, and well.. the contents... perfect.

Thank you so much to all the team!

By Ivan P

May 23, 2020

Great course. It gathers all the scientific research behind the highly interesting but ambigue topic of happiness in one learning material. The exercises help to make you realize and see for yourself the theory explained.

By Samantha R

Apr 20, 2021

This course, literally saved my life, I was suffering with depression an axiety, all the advices and explainings about happiness make me completly change my mindset and now I see life with new eyes, I totally recomend it

By SaSe

Aug 28, 2020

absolutely worth it! you will get such a boost of happiness, learn a lot about common misconceptions we have about happiness and establish happiness enhancing habits in your daily life! I would do it again! thank you :D

By Karen L B S

Jul 14, 2020

I really enjoyed the course! And ti gave me so much material to apply in my daily life. The ideas and findings shared in this course truly changed my mind about happiness. It made a huge impact on me and my life itself.

By Frank f

Jun 18, 2020

Great great course! It is interesting, dynamic, and extremely useful. Professor Raj really transmits the sensation that he wants you to learn and cares about the students fully understanding the course. You will love it

By T S P

Aug 2, 2017

It was a nice course. Though everything is within us, we forget to bring those things outside. this course makes me to bring my inner happiness outside. Thanks to Prof. Raj.

I shared with my colleagues about this course.

By Sylvia S M

Mar 16, 2016

In just 4 weeks...my own happiness levels have increased. I am enjoying life more. my health is improving. wonderful course. love the exercises and format this course has been presented in. Prof. Raj, awesome person!

By Linda V

Oct 9, 2015

The best synthesis of material on emotional well-being anywhere, and presented in a delightful entertaining manner, Better than years of therapy. I say this as a former clinical social worker with psychologist friends.

By Lori W

Mar 18, 2021

Exceptional! I loved the professors teaching methods. He made the class fun and really put 110% into preparation. I learned so much Thank you, many times, for providing this wealth of information as a free course.

By Meruyet A

Jan 25, 2021

WOW, this is an amazing course! Thank you for the professor! It's a dedication to prepare for this course! A million thank you for the education! It's really worth it to take this course and put time into education!!!

By Xiu P L

Apr 18, 2018

Excellent course! Had lots of fun doing it. Dr. Raj is awesome. Gave simple, practical and beneficial advice on habits that are scientifically proven to increase happiness. Great ongoing support beyond the course too!

By Sairam P

Nov 9, 2017

This is an amazing course. Words are not sufficient to describe the joy of taking this course. I am recommending this course to many of my friends and colleagues. Thanks to Prof. Raj and ISB for offering this course.

By Serra

Aug 3, 2017

Very enlightening course. The ideas behind were not very far from my beliefs; however it reinforced my perspectives. It is nice to know that the happiness idea can be converted to a course. Recommended to everyone.