Back to A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment

Learner Reviews & Feedback for A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment by Indian School of Business

What are the determinants of a happy and fulfilling life? This is surely one of life’s biggest questions, and a question that has interested many of our ancestors. Buddha famously gave up his kingdom in search of happiness. Several Greek philosophers (from Aristotle to Epicurus and Plato to Socrates) had their own views on what it takes to be happy. And of course, we all have our own theories about happiness too. How valid are our theories? Until recently, if you wished for an answer to this question, you would've been forced to base it on discussions with spiritual leaders. Or, if you were lucky, you could've based it on late-night (and perhaps intoxicant-fueled) conversations with friends and family. Happily, all that has changed now. Over the past decade-and-a-half, scientists have gotten into the act big time. We now have a pretty good idea of what it takes to lead a happy and fulfilling life. This course, based on the award-winning class offered both at the Indian School of Business and at the McCombs School of Business at The University of Texas at Austin, developed by Prof. Raj Raghunathan (aka "Dr. Happy-smarts") draws content from a variety of fields, including psychology, neuroscience, and behavioral decision theory to offer a tested and practical recipe for leading a life of happiness and fulfillment. Although not mandatory, reading Prof. Raj's forthcoming book, titled If you're so smart, why aren't you happy? can help you review and assimilate the material covered in this book at your leisure. For Coursera learners alone, the hardcover version of the book is available for a deep discount of 50%, plus shipping and handling. You can order the hardcover for 50% off by writing to Aaron at: Aaron@800ceoread.com. Please mention that you are a student of the "coursera happiness course" in your email. The course will feature guest appearances by several well-known thought leaders, including: - Dan Ariely (author of Predictably Irrational and, soon to be released, Irrationally Yours), - Ed Diener (“Dr. Happiness”), - Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi (author of Flow), By taking this course, you will discover the answers to questions such as: - Why aren’t the smart-and-the-successful as happy as they could—or should—be - What are the “7 Deadly Happiness Sins” that even the smart and the successful commit?, and - What are the “7 Habits of the Highly Happy” and how can you implement them in your life? By the end of the course, I expect students who have been diligent with the lectures and exercises to not just gain a deeper understanding of the science of happiness, but to also be significantly happier....

CR
Apr 23, 2018

Excellent course, Professor Raj is great. I found it very helpful to see what types of personality traits I have that may contribute to my happiness level and possible approaches to dealing with them.

LS
Jan 23, 2017

This course is a joy! I cannot recommend it highly enough. Practical advice based on long-term research, interviews with worldwide experts on the topics discussed, and a fabulous professor. So great!

276 - 300 of 1,897 Reviews for A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment

By Ayman K

Feb 18, 2018

Great course! It is very thorough and balances the perfect amount of theory and practice. Prof. Raj put a lot of effort into developing this class. Moreover, students will learn about great book recommendations and the guest speakers that appear in the class are excellent!

By Dean S

Oct 8, 2017

Thank you so much for a wonderful, insightful well thought out and researched course.

I know I have the knowledge to live a happier more fulfilled life and hope to reap the benefits from here on.

Thank you to Prof Raj and his associates and to all who did the course with me.

By Yvonne M

May 24, 2017

A very interesting, instructive and amusing course! I can recommend it from every point of view. Especially the way how Prof. Raj Raghunathan explains the contents is very pleasant.

It would be nice if there once would be another course of him? Thank you for everything :-)

By Ana L M T

Oct 16, 2017

Esto es oro puro, realmente no me canso de regresar a leer mis apuntes de este curso cada ves que pierdo mi centro, es un gran regalo de vida porque con esto siempre estamos invitados a la introspección logrando con ello tomar el rumbo correcto de nuestras vidas. gracias.

By sandra m O

Apr 25, 2017

Very gratifying. I'm working on changing my life and of course, this MOOC arrived to my hands, I really would like to share my findings with people of my community, to create a happy team like yours but with the latin touch. Thank you to life for having put you in my way.

By Horacio D

Jan 2, 2021

This course is a unique experience, the quantity and quality of information is invaluable.

In parts it becomes a bit complex but it is still clear.

And finally it has a teacher whose carism can only be surpassed by his good vibes!

Fully recommended for every human being!

By Aliya Z

Sep 2, 2020

Everyone should take this course so that there will be less stress and disappointments in life. I like the way the course is organised - much optimism and energy - as long as many studies and exercises to be done. Not just fun but hard work too. Good luck and thank you!

By Krzysztof K

Aug 29, 2018

The lessons are not always captivating and tend to be a tad rambling, but I'd do the course a disservice if I rated it lower than 5 stars. There are some great ideas in there and I'm certain it has already changed my life for the better. The future is bright, folks! :)

By Negi G

Apr 28, 2021

The cource was extremely useful to me. This course should be taught to everyone. My sincere thanks and best wishes to Mr. Rajgopal who has really done very hard work in preparing the course.

Once again a lot of thanks to the each and every one involved in this course.

By Sunita K

Jul 7, 2020

The course is beautifully designed and explained with studies and researches.

Although many things are known to people logically exp

lanation makes them easy to understand and follow.

Specifically benefits of MINDFULNESS

were explained scientifically and logically

thanks

By Esteban U Z

Feb 29, 2020

It´s a great course. I like the way to present the topics and the balance between to be a "esoteric" vs "very formal" course. The course is just in the middle and explain perfectly each topic with excelent examples. I'm engineer and to me was very good. Thanks a lot!

By Seema K

Aug 20, 2015

A common sense approach on how to lead "A life of Happiness and Fulfillment". A very engaging course, enjoyed it throughout, is thought provoking and creates a lot of self awareness. Excellent lectures and Prof. Raj is equally brilliant. Thank you for this course.

By Ramish K

May 14, 2020

Alohaf! it's amazing, i really enjoyed this course. Sir Raj & his team is so cooperative & the tenure was so mind blowing. I had best experience with this course. I recommend everyone here to join this course. & gain knowledge to fulfill your deficiencies & desires.

By Shawna L

Apr 18, 2016

This is SUCH a fun course! I LOVE the professor and it is all very upbeat. If you think you know what happiness is and think it might be a silly class to teach being happy, think again. You really have to get in touch with yourself on many levels. I loved this MOOC!

By María J D l T A

Aug 12, 2020

Un excelente curso si lo que deseas es mejor tu perspectiva sobre las cosas buenas de la vida, y ejercicios que te brindan una grata experiencia. Definitivamente se aprende a ser más feliz, sin embargo es muy importante ser abierto a realizar todas las actividades.

By Nikki L

Nov 2, 2015

This course covers a lot of ground and provides some interesting research to back up the information. I have read several books on happiness and I still learned some interesting things.I recommend it if you are at all interested in happiness as a subject of study.

By Ravishankar V

Jul 29, 2021

I​ enjoyed every bit of it, and also realised that the quest for happiness, like so many other important things in life is a life long and pleasurable endeavour. The course is an eye-opener into this vast field, and I thank Coursera and Dr Raj for facilitating!

By Sunil K

Oct 19, 2020

Excellent course. Extremely well designed and delivered by Prof. Raj.

Going through the videos, reading the bonus material and doing the exercises has been delightful experience.

Thank you Coursera and thank you, ISB for such a wonderful course by Prof. Raj.

By Seema K

Mar 20, 2021

I really enjoyed the videos and concepts and assignments and quizzes to practice and remember what was taught. I like the approach of the professor: humor and science and research and clear and memorable messages. Highly recommend this course to everyone!

By Celeste R ( - I

This is an amazing course! It provides great theoretical and practical content in a very dynamic way. It is engaging and easy to follow. I fully recommend it. The topic is very timely and applicable. Thanks professor for all your hard work and dedication!

By Song L

Mar 3, 2017

it's helpful. how to define happiness, is happiness equal t money or success? the 7 deadly sins, 7 methods to overcome the sins, and then practicing. after this course, you can see why sometimes you are unhappy, anxious or angry.

it' s useful!

Good luck!

By Jia X

Jun 14, 2016

Excellent! Elucidates the definition of, value of, contributing factors to, and behaviors leading to happiness. Further, it is not only philosophical, but evidence based. Both thought provoking and practical. Changed my attitude and approach to happiness.

By Abimanyu R

Oct 2, 2020

This course have changed my life. Initially when I took the survey the results told me that i'm severely depressed then at the end it showed extremely happy and yes the poll results were right im really happy now thanks to my most charming professor..!

By kishore s

Jul 31, 2020

its very energetic topics ,specially thanks to professor Raj Raghunathan ..very good professor the way video presentations are there u will get attached to the course.i recommend every one to spend quality time in this course and concentrate on videos.

By Kevin B

Apr 4, 2021

I really liked this course. It was a nice mix of talks from many people. I thought the exercises were an appropriate level to reinforce the lessons and to get happier. I am recommending it to many people I know and deal with at work in the hospital.