Back to Health Across the Gender Spectrum

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Health Across the Gender Spectrum by Stanford University

This course offers an intimate, story-based introduction to the experiences of six transgender children and their families. Through illustrated stories and short teaching videos, learners will gain a better understanding of gender identity and the gender spectrum. Stanford physicians, K-12 educators, and transgender faculty members offer practical tips for parents, teachers, healthcare providers and anyone who wants to help create a more gender-expansive environment - one in which all people can live authentically. As a global community of unique individuals, we can begin to build a world that is ready to nurture and love each and every child. Due to the sensitive nature of the story-based course content, we have chosen not to offer course certificates for this course. Simply put, we feel that the thoughts, ideas and sentiments of these remarkable children and their families... are priceless. We are confident that, like us, you will end up learning more from them than you could ever imagine. Together, we can lay a stronger foundation for all children. Join us as we explore health, across the gender spectrum. Additional note: When submitting answers to quizzes, you may be asked to enter your "full legal name". This feature is primarily for verification purposes for courses that offer a certificate on Coursera, so it does not really apply to this course. We recognize that, for some individuals the name they use does not match the one on their legal documents. Please feel free to enter the name you normally use in these boxes....

PB
May 10, 2017

I have thoroughly enjoyed this course. My stepson (born a female) is transgender. This course has helped me understand things more and gave me a lot of pointers on how to do things. Thank you so much!

CM

I love how concise and easy to understand the videos were. They all get straight to the point and it was really a mind-blowing experience to learn about the differences and what we can do to support.

251 - 275 of 523 Reviews for Health Across the Gender Spectrum

By Teresa B

Apr 7, 2017

excellent content and very timely. Thank you for providing this course and thank you all for sharing your stories.

By john

This was very helpful to understanding how we can all help expand and include everyone across the Gender Spectrum.

By Lila H

Jun 12, 2017

Great introduction to the language and concepts of gender identity. Moving videos augment the learning experience.

By Erika N

Mar 26, 2021

It was a great learning experience and I feel motivated to fight for a world that respects and values ​​diversity

By Allison C

May 1, 2017

Wonderful course. Great videos and quizzes. A fantastic resource for parents, teachers, and healthcare providers.

By Carly J

Apr 29, 2017

amazing vital course for all parents, professionals and anyone who wants to make the world more inclusive , thank

By Consuelo H

Jul 21, 2020

A great space to lear about the gender spectrum and people! So take and learn to make this world a better world!

By Sage V

May 8, 2017

Especially loved the Week 2 Materials. Good combination of medical/logistical information and personal accounts

By Audra B

Sep 25, 2017

Great mix of academic, conceptual, theoretical, factual, and real human experiences about the gender spectrum!

By Mark P S

Mar 7, 2021

Comprehensive yet compact course covering current concepts and literature in the field. An EXCELLENT course!

By Argelia G

Nov 6, 2018

Excellent content presented in a very kind and human manner: through the voice of the main figures! Loved it!

By Gwendolen M

Jun 29, 2021

This was a very good course. I loved all of the personal stories and the way they were shared with respect.

By María G T

Jun 18, 2020

Un curso que deja excelentes conceptos con entrevistas muy interesantes que representa el curso enteramente.

By Marie S

Oct 4, 2017

The videos were informative and enjoyable to watch. The content was straight forward and easy to comprehend.

By Alexander W

Aug 17, 2017

This is an important resource in helping our society become more knowledgeable and accepting of all members.

By Jennifer C

Apr 25, 2017

Thanks so much for offering this course and helping others to learn about Health Across the Gender Spectrum!

By Catalina D A L

Apr 28, 2020

Muy buen curso, explica claramente la temática abordada con muchos testimonios que ayudan a comprender más.

By Marc-André S

Sep 30, 2017

Very nice course on a topic that is still not understood. Provides concrete advice on how to change things.

By Luis F B

Jul 19, 2017

Wonderful course, especially for those who work in the health sector; to understand, care and love better.

By Maria F d O V

May 8, 2017

The best of all was hearing the children speaking for themselves and telling how they felt. Heart warming!

By Simone S

Nov 16, 2020

Such an important and valuable course. I love the combination of personal stories with informative facts.

By Adelina A

May 5, 2021

I finished the class feeling enlightened and wanting to expand my learning to include the social fields.

Jun 19, 2020

The course is very informative and clear. The additional experiences added makes it more understandable.

By Zafira B

Sep 20, 2020

Mostra uma idéia bem direta sem muitos rodeios facilitando a compreensão e objetivo do curso.

Thank you.

By Narges K

Mar 23, 2021

It was truely an eye-opening and informative course which I am so glad that I decided to be a part of.