Back to Health Across the Gender Spectrum

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Health Across the Gender Spectrum by Stanford University

This course offers an intimate, story-based introduction to the experiences of six transgender children and their families. Through illustrated stories and short teaching videos, learners will gain a better understanding of gender identity and the gender spectrum. Stanford physicians, K-12 educators, and transgender faculty members offer practical tips for parents, teachers, healthcare providers and anyone who wants to help create a more gender-expansive environment - one in which all people can live authentically. As a global community of unique individuals, we can begin to build a world that is ready to nurture and love each and every child. Due to the sensitive nature of the story-based course content, we have chosen not to offer course certificates for this course. Simply put, we feel that the thoughts, ideas and sentiments of these remarkable children and their families... are priceless. We are confident that, like us, you will end up learning more from them than you could ever imagine. Together, we can lay a stronger foundation for all children. Join us as we explore health, across the gender spectrum. Additional note: When submitting answers to quizzes, you may be asked to enter your "full legal name". This feature is primarily for verification purposes for courses that offer a certificate on Coursera, so it does not really apply to this course. We recognize that, for some individuals the name they use does not match the one on their legal documents. Please feel free to enter the name you normally use in these boxes....

PB

May 11, 2017

I have thoroughly enjoyed this course. My stepson (born a female) is transgender. This course has helped me understand things more and gave me a lot of pointers on how to do things. Thank you so much!

CM

I love how concise and easy to understand the videos were. They all get straight to the point and it was really a mind-blowing experience to learn about the differences and what we can do to support.

251 - 275 of 447 Reviews for Health Across the Gender Spectrum

By Rubina H

Sep 13, 2017

I want to translate this course in my language, Just to develop understanding in my culture.

By Bryn M

May 12, 2017

Excellent and relevant course. Broken up into very manageable pieces. Loved this experience.

By Pamela G

Feb 12, 2020

A remarkable course to take in order for me as teacher and an active member of the society.

By Lhasa C

Sep 03, 2017

Thank you for providing a forum to learn founded in both scientific and experiential study.

By Bárbara K R S

May 15, 2017

Very descriptive and clear vocabulary. You talk about, family, school and medical services.

By Judith L

Feb 25, 2020

Common-sense advice for people who are just now getting used to the idea of transgender.

By Ifeoma M

Apr 24, 2020

Excellent! Easy to follow and understand, irrespective of your educational background.

By Archina D

Apr 03, 2017

Definite course for people to learn and obtain a tool kit to understand transgender!

By Ana P C

Excellent, opens your mind and makes you understand in the best way these subjects.

By Erin L

Nov 15, 2018

A really good course if you want to widen your horizon. Enjoyed reading about this.

By Sam H

Nov 23, 2017

Straightforward but a good grounding in the issues around working with trans people

By Natalia H H

Jul 04, 2017

Controversial e interesante. Una buena guía para estar en una sociedad incluyente.

By Angela L

May 04, 2017

It very important information! this course have to be passed by every mom and dad.

By Hannah N

Apr 25, 2017

Important, poignant, enlightening and moving! Cannot recommend this course enough.

By Letizia M I

Apr 06, 2020

Very useful! I feel now empowered! I want to teach to others what I learned today

By José A I

Apr 24, 2020

A great course full of positive messages and hopes for the future of our childs.

By Alison P

Dec 24, 2018

Excellent introductory material. Please make more advanced levels on this topic.

By Raquel R C

Aug 29, 2017

It is great guidance though the understanding of Gender, acceptance and empathy.

By Amalia C

Apr 15, 2017

This is a course all education teachers, parents and social workers should take.

By Kevin D R M

Excellent course that shows how we should behave regarding the gender spectrum.

By Hiroki K

Oct 09, 2017

It's extremely important things to learn. I recommend this course for everyone.

By Estefanía L C M

Apr 11, 2017

Easy to follow and so tender. We shall understand that all people deserve love.

By María F P H

May 05, 2020

it's an amazing, i learn a lot from it, i highly recommend to take the course

By Alexandra

Jul 03, 2017

a must for every parent and every specialist working with children worldwide

By Ai S

Oct 06, 2017

It is really important theme. I learned about transgender from this course.