Back to Health Across the Gender Spectrum

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Health Across the Gender Spectrum by Stanford University

This course offers an intimate, story-based introduction to the experiences of six transgender children and their families. Through illustrated stories and short teaching videos, learners will gain a better understanding of gender identity and the gender spectrum. Stanford physicians, K-12 educators, and transgender faculty members offer practical tips for parents, teachers, healthcare providers and anyone who wants to help create a more gender-expansive environment - one in which all people can live authentically. As a global community of unique individuals, we can begin to build a world that is ready to nurture and love each and every child. Due to the sensitive nature of the story-based course content, we have chosen not to offer course certificates for this course. Simply put, we feel that the thoughts, ideas and sentiments of these remarkable children and their families... are priceless. We are confident that, like us, you will end up learning more from them than you could ever imagine. Together, we can lay a stronger foundation for all children. Join us as we explore health, across the gender spectrum. Additional note: When submitting answers to quizzes, you may be asked to enter your "full legal name". This feature is primarily for verification purposes for courses that offer a certificate on Coursera, so it does not really apply to this course. We recognize that, for some individuals the name they use does not match the one on their legal documents. Please feel free to enter the name you normally use in these boxes....

PB
May 10, 2017

I have thoroughly enjoyed this course. My stepson (born a female) is transgender. This course has helped me understand things more and gave me a lot of pointers on how to do things. Thank you so much!

CM

I love how concise and easy to understand the videos were. They all get straight to the point and it was really a mind-blowing experience to learn about the differences and what we can do to support.

501 - 506 of 506 Reviews for Health Across the Gender Spectrum

By Dr. R T J

Jan 4, 2021

Course was fine but there should have been a completion certificate!

By Jeremie C

Sep 3, 2017

Interesting and well-made but a little light on content.

By Lucía G P

By Dr.I

Mar 10, 2021

Very interestin

g and informative course

Without certificate course is not value please give certificate

By Ece Ç

Sep 9, 2020

I am not satisfied with the amount of information provided, I expected something more in dept. Health Across the Gender Spectrum should not only focus on the experiences of children below the age of about 12.

The advice given to healthcare professionals to make healthcare more accessible to the gender spectrum was too little and not very helpful as they stated the obvious. This course should not be aiming healthcare professionals but parents who are having an experience in this field. Only 6 minutes of this course provided information on healthcare settings and LGBTQI. We did not even scratch the surface of the matter.

Why did we not hear doctors' experiences and patient's experiences at all?